Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th October 2019, 07.12:59   #1-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the back of the KOP!
Twitter: @@tomtitch

Default Egm

Can someone please explain to me, is this somthing only WST members can sign? If so then this is really poor. We have thousands of fans that are not members and these 3 clowns at the top and running this club into the ground. What can none members do to show them how unhappy we are with the way the club is being run. All their answers in the last meeting, the one I didnt find out about until it was actually on, were so short sighted. We are in desperate need of change. I am not saying personal attacks on line or face to face is needed. We just need the thousands of un happy supporters to be in one place at one time to make the point. Keates is not the man to save us. Darlington has done nothing since he has been here. Pete Jones, Spencer Harris and John Mills are making mistake after mistake when it comes to the football side of things, and let's be honest, that is the only side that matters.

They can say we have made this profit and that, but in reality they were made by the football team, players being sold etc.

We as fans need to stand up and be counted, otherwise we will go down, and probably stay down for a long time. The next Colwyn Bay maybe? Who knows?
Old 30th October 2019, 07.50:53   #2-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Egm

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
Can someone please explain to me, is this somthing only WST members can sign? If so then this is really poor. We have thousands of fans that are not members and these 3 clowns at the top and running this club into the ground. What can none members do to show them how unhappy we are with the way the club is being run. All their answers in the last meeting, the one I didnt find out about until it was actually on, were so short sighted. We are in desperate need of change. I am not saying personal attacks on line or face to face is needed. We just need the thousands of un happy supporters to be in one place at one time to make the point. Keates is not the man to save us. Darlington has done nothing since he has been here. Pete Jones, Spencer Harris and John Mills are making mistake after mistake when it comes to the football side of things, and let's be honest, that is the only side that matters.

They can say we have made this profit and that, but in reality they were made by the football team, players being sold etc.

We as fans need to stand up and be counted, otherwise we will go down, and probably stay down for a long time. The next Colwyn Bay maybe? Who knows?
Yes only members can sign ...it’s pretty simple

honestly it really is simple , if you are unhappy with how the club is being run (which a lot of people are) then join the trust pay your money , vote and then cancel 😊.. I think it’s like 12 pound or summit ?

I agree something needs to be done, but it’s kind of getting like brexit now , all talk and no substance..
Old 30th October 2019, 07.56:37   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

The EGM seems a mile off, we tried but unless people get on board it doesnt happen. As per the update, more names needed...apathy will be what kills us.
Old 30th October 2019, 08.05:56   #4-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

This season for us, may well go down in history. Remembered either for us dropping into tier 6 of the football league, OR because we as fans stood up to the fact that we need new blood at the top, and actually did something about it!
I have no doubt that the present board members are keen WAFC fans, but after many years in control, shouldn’t they now step down and give others a chance? We need paid professionals at the top of our organisation, not extremely well intended friends of the club.
Old 30th October 2019, 08.06:20   #5-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

How many members have actually indicated they want an EGM? I heard 5% of the membership requesting one was required, so it must be low.

Lack of engagement is one of the pitfalls of fan ownership in my opinion. I've been a member of the Trust for years and count myself as moderately engaged, but I can count on one hand the number of resolutions I've voted on.

It's a bit like politics for me, I just want someone competent to run things and leave them to it.
Old 30th October 2019, 08.24:22   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenbighRed View Post
How many members have actually indicated they want an EGM? I heard 5% of the membership requesting one was required, so it must be low.

Lack of engagement is one of the pitfalls of fan ownership in my opinion. I've been a member of the Trust for years and count myself as moderately engaged, but I can count on one hand the number of resolutions I've voted on.

It's a bit like politics for me, I just want someone competent to run things and leave them to it.
At last count we hit 80, but that was only about the halfway mark. Yes its low. Imo one of the things we need to address is the mechanisms for board replacement and options for convening the membership but not fully in agenda for egm because honestly the immediate issues at hand need addressing.

Alarmingly people act like the issues are only just happening, this started months ago at the very least...probably at the time when Ricketts left although there were numerous poor decisions before that yoy have to account for an element of learning on the job. The ball started rolling on an EGM at least a month ago and still people need convincing. I understand some reservation, names kept out of it for both fear of reprisals (which to extent there have been, albeit minor) but more so because this isnt about the people its about trying to do the right thing. Anyone in the membership could have tried to start the process...i am asking myself as a member though who pays their subs why is it so hard to make the voices of the membership be heard? If we are an open book as a club with a board who wants the best for the club why is it so important to cling to a position in which you are failing at.
Old 30th October 2019, 08.25:30   #7-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

It seems most have walked away and in effect they're letting these clowns get away with it. Protests are needed.
Old 30th October 2019, 08.54:10   #8-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
The EGM seems a mile off, we tried but unless people get on board it doesnt happen. As per the update, more names needed...apathy will be what kills us.
i dont have my membership number otherwise it would of been done . i would email asking for it but never seem to get a reply so i have give up with that line . has anyone has any ideas on how to get it?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 30th October 2019, 08.58:38   #9-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post

The future and progress of the club depends on people like yourself being a member. Join for just £15. Then you access the meetings, vote, hopefully have more information although that always doest ring true. But at least you can have a greater say in matters.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.33:56.