Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th October 2019, 12.07:05   #28-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: wst 3920
Twitter: @

Default Re: Keates Might have to turn to Youngsters.

No they think its their money.
Old 30th October 2019, 12.13:23   #29-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy the rover View Post
No they think its their money.
We can't have a say in how the money's spent, as if we do we're basically Ebbsfleet. There's no inbetween with these people.
Old 30th October 2019, 12.38:06   #30-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Av A Riot View Post
correct me i im wrong but we DIDNT get the ward money in one go.. and liverpool was to pay it in installments.... was wildely said here at the time.. and unless am mistaken was also confirmed by somebody within the club at some point
But i'm pretty sure someone in the club then said we had received all the money....

Who to believe.
Old 30th October 2019, 12.47:38   #31-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
Many fans were against re- appointing Keates but again the board took the easy and cheaper option yet again and will blame Dixie for the mess saying it was his choice.I would question where all the money has gone especially with our attendances being well over what was budgeted for and the Danny Ward monies.
It's time the board were upfront with the fans who have ploughed thousands into the club as we are not getting value for money.It won't be long before the begging bowls will be out again.
It is important to understand that the decision to reappoint DK as manager was one taken by the Board, not Dixie McNeil.

Dixie did recommend him -- and I would love to know who the other 4 candidates were, and why they were deemed inferior to DK -- but the responsibility again lies with the Board.

Thankfully, I am not an accountant, but one doesn't have to be one to recognise that Bryan Hughes was given and spent most of the playing budget in the summer and, consequently, there is little left. Any major signings would have to be covered by the WST reserve-fund. Whether they are willing to commit those funds is, as yet, unknown. However, the piece in the Leader by Keates suggests there won't be an immediate increase in funds made available, and he will have to make do with our youngsters.

Some of those youngsters are quite promising, but I think they might not yet be ready for the physicality of this league.

Why might the Board refuse to release funds when they are clearly needed? They must trust DK to spend it wisely -- why else would they appoint him? No, I think they realise that revenue streams are already drying up, and they are willing to risk that we can pull away from the drop zone without having to bust the bank. That would be a judgement call; one they may wish to reconsider pdq.

Despite the continuing run of bad results and weak performances, we do have enough in the squad to avoid the drop; but only if we bring in someone who can control the midfield, and someone who can hold up the ball up top, which then allows the others to get involved. There is no one amongst the youngsters who can do those 2 critical roles, so DK must either put a 'square peg' into a 'round hole', and hope it comes off, or he must bring some new players in.

More of the same will be just that: more defeats and an implosion into National League North. Sort it out while we can!
Old 30th October 2019, 12.52:57   #32-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
It is important to understand that the decision to reappoint DK as manager was one taken by the Board, not Dixie McNeil.

Dixie did recommend him -- and I would love to know who the other 4 candidates were, and why they were deemed inferior to DK -- but the responsibility again lies with the Board.

Thankfully, I am not an accountant, but one doesn't have to be one to recognise that Bryan Hughes was given and spent most of the playing budget in the summer and, consequently, there is little left. Any major signings would have to be covered by the WST reserve-fund. Whether they are willing to commit those funds is, as yet, unknown. However, the piece in the Leader by Keates suggests there won't be an immediate increase in funds made available, and he will have to make do with our youngsters.

Some of those youngsters are quite promising, but I think they might not yet be ready for the physicality of this league.

Why might the Board refuse to release funds when they are clearly needed? They must trust DK to spend it wisely -- why else would they appoint him? No, I think they realise that revenue streams are already drying up, and they are willing to risk that we can pull away from the drop zone without having to bust the bank. That would be a judgement call; one they may wish to reconsider pdq.

Despite the continuing run of bad results and weak performances, we do have enough in the squad to avoid the drop; but only if we bring in someone who can control the midfield, and someone who can hold up the ball up top, which then allows the others to get involved. There is no one amongst the youngsters who can do those 2 critical roles, so DK must either put a 'square peg' into a 'round hole', and hope it comes off, or he must bring some new players in.

More of the same will be just that: more defeats and an implosion into National League North. Sort it out while we can!
good summary.
Old 30th October 2019, 12.55:22   #33-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Av A Riot View Post
correct me i im wrong but we DIDNT get the ward money in one go.. and liverpool was to pay it in installments.... was wildely said here at the time.. and unless am mistaken was also confirmed by somebody within the club at some point
It was to be paid in instalments. There is a lack of clarity as to whether we have now received the final payment. If we have, has that money already been spent? Is it allocated to leasing the new training ground at the old Bromfield site? If it has been allocated, is there any spare that can go towards bringing in a quality player?

But who would want to come here in our current state of disrepair? Probably loanees, but they would need to be good enough to go straight into the starting XI and not just warm the bench. We have some major holes in our team, of which not all can be repaired straight away. Hence why DK must finally address our inept midfield and a striker of worth.
Old 30th October 2019, 12.58:19   #34-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

I am sure the WST Board (Mark Williams maybe?) confirmed at the recent member's meeting that we had received all of the Ward money
Old 30th October 2019, 13.07:46   #35-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand

The board and the WST are very quite on our predicament.
Old 30th October 2019, 13.12:43   #36-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS

We’ve tried younger inexperienced players, it doesn’t and has never worked in this league

If that’s the master plan then we are in real trouble

Use the FA Cup money to sign a loan player with the intension of then signing perm in Jan

Four more league games and we are half way through the season, so much for the assessment after 10 games
Do it again after 20 and then panic
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.10:11.