RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Leo Smith (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114882-leo-smith.html)

-luke 6th November 2019 09.11:44

Re: Leo Smith

I always thought Leo looked a decent prospect, him and tharme as well as matty sergeant. What do we do with our kids... I know its hard to get your shot in the game but seems like a while since we produced a decent young player who got their opportunity.

Bit like the way we seem to coach the ability out of our strikers too.

That said i always thought Declan (walker??) was a cracking player as well as tomassen... Maybe i know nothing

Wreck Sam 6th November 2019 09.25:14

Will Spencer give him his managerial break before xmas ?

billybersham 6th November 2019 09.31:42

[QUOTE=-luke;2315358]I always thought Leo looked a decent prospect, him and tharme as well as matty sergeant. What do we do with our kids... I know its hard to get your shot in the game but seems like a while since we produced a decent young player who got their opportunity.

That said i always thought Declan (walker??) was a cracking player as well as tomassen... Maybe i know nothing[/QUOTE]

Declan Walker was one of the worst full backs I have ever seen here,but saying that we brought in danny alfie the swansea u21 captain and he was utter garbage.

LlayDragon 6th November 2019 09.35:30

[QUOTE=-luke;2315358]I always thought Leo looked a decent prospect, him and tharme as well as matty sergeant. What do we do with our kids... I know its hard to get your shot in the game but seems like a while since we produced a decent young player who got their opportunity.

That said i always thought Declan (walker??) was a cracking player as well as tomassen... Maybe i know nothing[/QUOTE]

The reserves were junked and the youth system massively cut-back during Keates' first stint. That alone does not bode well for our young players.

The gap is too great between the youth and the first team, and the club would rather bring someone's else's young players in rather than use ours, seemingly regardless of ability.

sparky 6th November 2019 10.02:28

I agree about Declan, ticked a lot of boxes and had bags of potential until he suffered a bad injury. Tomassen on the other hand, maybe not.

-luke 6th November 2019 10.40:12

[QUOTE=sparky;2315370]I agree about Declan, ticked a lot of boxes and had bags of potential until he suffered a bad injury. Tomassen on the other hand, maybe not.[/QUOTE]

Did he break his collar bone or something... Remember him being injured but cant quite remember what with

The Turf 6th November 2019 13.26:01

Leo is a fantastic lad. Wish him nothing but success.

Huffy 6th November 2019 14.14:13

Yes , all the best Leo . It would be great to see him progress

cynprifathro 6th November 2019 17.04:31

Scott Quigley then Conor Rawlinson ex-TNS had stints at Port Vale but are both playing in National League this season. Can't see Leo Smith hacking it in either EFL2 or National League, possibly NLN at best.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.24:09.