RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Cefn Druids (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114883-cefn-druids.html)

Redpensioner 6th November 2019 15.21:07

Cefn Druids

I wasn't sure which side of the fence this should go, so, I'm putting it on here.
The headlines in today's Leader was about an injection of funds going into Cefn Druids and the ambition of two businessmen, a Mr Williams who owns Global Travels in town and a Mr Digwood the owner of a Sports Solution firm in Spain.
They have ambitious plans for the Club. The manager Huw Griffiths and his assistant to go full time, the playing staff to go full time.
Plans for a fitness centre and hotel complex at the Rock.
Expand the capacity of there ground.
Development of there Academy.
Fair play to all concerned. I think the big brother in the Borough could learn a thing or two about this investment.

Pieman 6th November 2019 15.25:03

Re: Cefn Druids

[QUOTE=Redpensioner;2315440]I wasn't sure which side of the fence this should go, so, I'm putting it on here.
The headlines in today's Leader was about an injection of funds going into Cefn Druids and the ambition of two businessmen, a Mr Williams who owns Global Travels in town and a Mr Digwood the owner of a Sports Solution firm in Spain.
They have ambitious plans for the Club. The manager Huw Griffiths and his assistant to go full time, the playing staff to go full time.
Fair play to all concerned. I think the big brother in the Borough could learn a thing or two about this investment.[/QUOTE]

It most certainly could.

Ryans the man 6th November 2019 15.27:28

Sounds impressive also wanting to take over running of a local pub.

Ooh aah Paskin 6th November 2019 15.32:44

This crazy idea will never catch on here......

Rhosymedre Red 6th November 2019 15.38:31

[QUOTE=Redpensioner;2315440]I wasn't sure which side of the fence this should go, so, I'm putting it on here.
Fair play to all concerned. I think the big brother in the Borough could learn a thing or two about this investment.[/QUOTE]

There's a thread in General Football.

krux 6th November 2019 15.39:23

This story must be false as there is no one local who wants to put money into a football club.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 6th November 2019 15.51:42

To be fair, are these just grand plans or is the cold hard cash waiting to be spent?

Plus, I'm sure the Welsh League is facing the threat of losing it's only champions league spot with this Europa league 2 nonsense.

Foxy 6th November 2019 15.53:57

Road to disaster . They will end up like Bury if they take his investment,

Inside Left 6th November 2019 16.13:18

A hotel at The Rock !!!! ?????

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.08:37.