RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Its the FA Cup 'fix' (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114887-its-fa-cup-fix.html)

Inside Left 7th November 2019 21.23:56

Its the FA Cup 'fix'

The FA Cup is always a magical time for Wrexham fans and it will be strange not to have the FA game on Saturday. -Having to wait until Sunday.

So if fans want the Saturday FA fix where are the nearest F A Cup 1st rounds being played ????? Always looking for a Cup shock.

Robin Coch 7th November 2019 21.40:25

Re: Its the FA Cup 'fix'

Nantwich, Tranmere, Shrewsbury.

dragonspark 8th November 2019 06.08:58

sometimes we can look back at exploits of Wrexham FC with rose tinted glasses especially the seventies if one looks at the actual records, you will see that the whole decade is peppered with cup runs of all descriptions, and they were great days with many scalps but until 1977 league positions could have been better, but the glory came from fa cup, league cup and european cup winners cup, perhaps the cup runs smoothed over the league positions in some seasons, maybe like our current season the league is now gone in fact it looks like we have a struggle not to get relegated so maybe a good cup run is what Wrexham fc and the town needs, my only reservation is the scalps that a good cup run will save

Inside Left 8th November 2019 08.30:28

See its the old brigade of Tranmere and Shrewsbury on Saturday but my fix ,,,,,pre Rochdale has to be Nantwich Town who are a home to the mighty Fylde who play 2 leagues above the Dabbers.

30 minute down the road and witness the Dabbers first home FA 1st Round tie since they were formed back in the 1800's. Ive made enquires and there is free additional car parking available !!! to welcome visitors. Who knows a win and they play WREXHAM in round 2 !!

PS The are also advertising a bottle bar only....Whats one of those ???

Lesjonno 8th November 2019 09.09:28

[QUOTE=dragonspark;2315717]sometimes we can look back at exploits of Wrexham FC with rose tinted glasses especially the seventies if one looks at the actual records, you will see that the whole decade is peppered with cup runs of all descriptions, and they were great days with many scalps but until 1977 league positions could have been better, but the glory came from fa cup, league cup and european cup winners cup, perhaps the cup runs smoothed over the league positions in some seasons, maybe like our current season the league is now gone in fact it looks like we have a struggle not to get relegated so maybe a good cup run is what Wrexham fc and the town needs, my only reservation is the scalps that a good cup run will save[/QUOTE]

I had a dream that once we beat Arsenal, must keep off that strong cheese in the evening.

Quay Red 8th November 2019 11.00:34

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2315749]See its the old brigade of Tranmere and Shrewsbury on Saturday but my fix ,,,,,pre Rochdale has to be Nantwich Town who are a home to the mighty Fylde who play 2 leagues above the Dabbers.

30 minute down the road and witness the Dabbers first home FA 1st Round tie since they were formed back in the 1800's. Ive made enquires and there is free additional car parking available !!! to welcome visitors. Who knows a win and they play WREXHAM in round 2 !!

PS The are also advertising a bottle bar only....Whats one of those ???[/QUOTE]

Same as we had in the MRS.

Inside Left 8th November 2019 15.11:09

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2315799]Same as we had in the MRS.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Quay. Seems that they are expecting a decent crowd (for them) so the main club house bar is open - plus a separate bar for bottled beers and soft drinks.

BillEBadass 9th November 2019 07.45:59

Forward thinking, looking to make the most of a financial opportunity, genuinely catering for away fans and arranging free parking...……………….anything to be learnt here?

Good luck Nantwich - hope we go there in round two, some really good pubs to choose from.

Red Light 9th November 2019 10.40:30

Tranmere Rovers v Wycombe Wanderers just up the road - my lad is going with the Wirral massive - 3.00 pm KO - under 18's in for £1.

Chance to see the legendary Akinfenwa

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.18:32.