Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th November 2019, 21.04:43   #55-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Yes that’s brilliant. Anyone leaving Britain for a superior country like France has clearly got their head screwed on. So maybe “we’ll done”.

It’s just that I have a sneaky feeling that you are not actually there.
Having lived and worked over here for so long France obviously has things going for it. Not sure if it's Superior, just different, with the way of life/culture in the area where we live suiting us. As evidenced by the Gilets Jaunes mouvement, all is not sweetness and light but at least they've delayed a few tax increases.

In our early years over here we wee able to pop back to town on a more regular basis, with carefull planning to maximise my matches. As the years have gone by , due to illness an schooling the visits are, sadly, few and far between.

I guess you will never believe what I say - but what the hell - there may be some on here who can vouch for me - or better still, I hope to come over earlyish next year and if you are in agreement, I could message you and we could meet up for you to verify my French rexidence permit and other supporting documents

Allez les Rouges
Geoff
Old 14th November 2019, 21.46:28   #56-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
ReAlly ? There has been so much that they have had to empty a factory full of Axminsters.
Mr Foxy

I think Mr Ugo means is what facts have been brushed under the carpet?

I went along to the last WST meeting with an open mind, with no agenda and the young "top table" lot answered questions I felt as honestly as possible. I am not saying I agreed with the decision making, but I cant honesly say I felt anyone was lying or brushing stuff under the carpet.
Old 15th November 2019, 07.13:57   #57-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanthomas View Post
Mr Foxy

I think Mr Ugo means is what facts have been brushed under the carpet?

I went along to the last WST meeting with an open mind, with no agenda and the young "top table" lot answered questions I felt as honestly as possible. I am not saying I agreed with the decision making, but I cant honesly say I felt anyone was lying or brushing stuff under the carpet.
I agree to an extent about that meeting. If you read my report on it on the thread the next morning I did make the point you are making. The key exception at the meeting was the ludicrous attempt to claim success on the pitch in the era of clique ownership - they were carpet sweeping on the general on pitch failure.

But the somewhat more honest approach at the meeting doesn’t balance the sheer amount of stuff swept under in the six years of their existence.
Old 15th November 2019, 08.15:56   #58-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
But the somewhat more honest approach at the meeting doesn’t balance the sheer amount of stuff swept under in the six years of their existence.
Other than January 2019 and the appointment of Hughes... what else is there really that's important?
Old 15th November 2019, 08.17:43   #59-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
I agree to an extent about that meeting. If you read my report on it on the thread the next morning I did make the point you are making. The key exception at the meeting was the ludicrous attempt to claim success on the pitch in the era of clique ownership - they were carpet sweeping on the general on pitch failure.

Still don't understand what you think has been "swept under the carpet".
Old 15th November 2019, 09.03:43   #60-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Currently residing under the WST/Club board carpet, for clarity and for those with seemingly poor or short memories:

Manny Smiths new contract that they didn't tell us about
The DSA fiasco and lies told.
The January 2019 fiasco
The Barrow appointment and his meet the manager and the lies told there.
The scandal of what Gary Mills was allowed to get up to whilst manager here.
The WST leaks that was wrongly pinned on one former board member
Pryce invite to Wembley.

All still awaiting an honest and truly transparent explanation and accountability.

I'm sure I've forgotten some.
Old 15th November 2019, 09.10:58   #61-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Currently residing under the WST/Club board carpet, for clarity and for those with seemingly poor or short memories:

The January 2019 fiasco
Pryce invite to Wembley.

All still awaiting an honest and truly transparent explanation and accountability.

Add to that :

Falling active membership base

A youth system that has ceased to be effective ( see B Vance’s endless comments on carpet sweeping)

Giving Keates and Ricketts contracts that allowed them to walk so easily

Absurd assistant manager appointments - Gary Mills ladder, Andy Davies, Flynn ( blatant lie on this because he wasn’t an assistant manager), Mike Newell

Absurd temporary appointments at crucial times - Andy Davies

Finishing positions of 17th, 11th, 8th, 13th, 10th, 4th under clique ownership
Old 15th November 2019, 09.15:50   #62-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post

The January 2019 fiasco
Pryce invite to Wembley.

Phil if they answered these questions you would not have anything to moan about on here. Life would come to an end.
Old 15th November 2019, 09.34:00   #63-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Life will come to an end if people like Spencer walk away.... that's what I've been told anyway.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.38:27.