RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Security at games (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114897-security-games.html)

rhosred 10th November 2019 15.33:31

Security at games

Has any one on here had any bother or runs in with the so called security at games if so did you complain and who did you complain to thanks in advance
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Willywill 10th November 2019 15.46:41

Re: Security at games

I sit right next to the boundary of Yale Stand Centre @nd the Directors Box, and for the past three home games we have had a “heavy” posted right next to us. He spends a large amount of the game watching the fans.
For the Bromley game, the one security person grew to three (included a female now). They have caused me no grief at all, but I do wonder about the cost of such a presence. Just what are the Board worried about?

rhosred 10th November 2019 15.51:55

This is from behind the goal before the game

hallyy 10th November 2019 16.00:02

[QUOTE=rhosred;2316238]This is from behind the goal before the game
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

What happened..

evilelfed 10th November 2019 16.01:12

I think I witnessed this incident - was it by the turnstiles where it took about 3 security and 4 stewards to throw out one bloke aged approx 60. That security fella seem to the one who lost it the most and definitely man-handed the fan. I thought it was well out of order and it was, in my view, the security fella that escalated the incident. Was thinking of complaining myself but all the stewards disappeared after.

Red Light 10th November 2019 16.01:31

No complaints - they are doing as instructed.
The alternative would be far more police inside the stadium - which would cost an absolute arm and a leg in comparison.

Today got into the University Tech end early as I always do - for the first time a line of 13 security staff cordond off the last block of seats nearest the away support in the Yale Stand.
Despite us being in totally separate stands was this action necessary ?
it hasn't happened before in that corner and it didn't happen when we played against Stockport who brought double the number of fans and occupied the lower tier. My feedback was that this was done due to missiles and coins being thrown across the corner between fans.
I observed the crowd assembling - many of those who normally assemble in the end block gathered in the next block - the downside of this was that many regulars were displaced from their usual seats - but the real downside was closing the stairway down - this resulted in everyone from the two blocks nearest the away fans ALL having to use the one stairway and crossing infront of the second block of seats - the stairway was jam packed with two lines of supporters trying to go down the steps whilst others carrying food and hot drinks struggling up the stairs coming the other way in direct conflict with them - suggestions of opening the stairway between the first and second block were not accepted - all it would have required was the relocation of a steward or two onto the stairs to stop supporters coming back up the stairs and gaining entry to the first sterile block of seats - but alas no.
Some strange decisions made all round - again no pre match communication to the fanbase to inform them what was happening - this may have helped as 10 minutes into the game people were still coming into the stand up the reduced stairways and blocking the view of those already in their seats as they puzzled where to go to.

Again to reiterate, not security staff decisions - they are just doing what is being asked of them.

Back of the Kop 10th November 2019 16.09:11

[QUOTE=Red Light;2316242]No complaints - they are doing as instructed.
The alternative would be far more police inside the stadium - which would cost an absolute arm and a leg in comparison.

Today got into the University Tech end early as I always do - for the first time a line of 13 security staff cordond off the last block of seats nearest the away support in the Yale Stand.
Despite us being in totally separate stands was this action necessary ?
it hasn't happened before in that corner and it didn't happen when we played against Stockport who brought double the number of fans and occupied the lower tier. My feedback was that this was done due to missiles and coins being thrown across the corner between fans.
I observed the crowd assembling - many of those who normally assemble in the end block gathered in the next block - the downside of this was that many regulars were displaced from their usual seats - but the real downside was closing the stairway down - this resulted in everyone from the two blocks nearest the away fans ALL having to use the one stairway and crossing infront of the second block of seats - the stairway was jam packed with two lines of supporters trying to go down the steps whilst others carrying food and hot drinks struggling up the stairs coming the other way in direct conflict with them - suggestions of opening the stairway between the first and second block were not accepted - all it would have required was the relocation of a steward or two onto the stairs to stop supporters coming back up the stairs and gaining entry to the first sterile block of seats - but alas no.
Some strange decisions made all round - again no pre match communication to the fanbase to inform them what was happening - this may have helped as 10 minutes into the game people were still coming into the stand up the reduced stairways and blocking the view of those already in their seats as they puzzled where to go to.

Again to reiterate, not security staff decisions - they are just doing what is being asked of them.[/QUOTE]

What is it with Wrexham Football Club and OTT segregation ?

Fans in different stands and still a block of seats has to be segregated

Watching Liverpool v City and the fans are in the same stand literally 10 feet away from each other.

Our club is on another planet in more ways than one

llewelyn 10th November 2019 16.14:18

[QUOTE=Willywill;2316236]I sit right next to the boundary of Yale Stand Centre @nd the Directors Box, and for the past three home games we have had a “heavy” posted right next to us. He spends a large amount of the game watching the fans.
For the Bromley game, the one security person grew to three (included a female now). They have caused me no grief at all, but I do wonder about the cost of such a presence. Just what are the Board worried about?[/QUOTE]

I would hope spencer is paying out of his own pocket, as it seems he is using them as his own personal security squad .

rhosred 10th November 2019 16.15:23

[QUOTE=evilelfed;2316241]I think I witnessed this incident - was it by the turnstiles where it took about 3 security and 4 stewards to throw out one bloke aged approx 60. That security fella seem to the one who lost it the most and definitely man-handed the fan. I thought it was well out of order and it was, in my view, the security fella that escalated the incident. Was thinking of complaining myself but all the stewards disappeared after.[/QUOTE]

Cheers for that as this could be every useful as we are complaining to the club about the man handling of my dad we were told twice to f**k off by one of the security staff second time right in my dads face also been told by a steward on that gate that the security staff has no authority to Chuck people out like that but still did but to tell a paying customer to f**k off after asking why we couldn’t go up the stairs is beyond a joke

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.20:44.