RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   3274 with560 away fans (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114899-3274-with560-away-fans.html)

WrexhamO 10th November 2019 21.37:18

3274 with560 away fans

Means a home crowd of approx 2700.

Looked to me like there were more actually in the ground than the last home game when we had a couple of hundred more officially but far less travelling up from Bromley.

With season ticket holders counted last time that would point to a huge number of non attending season ticket holders.

Tom wafc 10th November 2019 21.43:36

Re: 3274 with560 away fans

Always been a drop with cup games. Rochdale hardly a team to draw a big crowd. Thought ticket prices should have been cheaper too.

dragon1054 10th November 2019 21.49:08

Season ticket holders would have to "buy" their seats for this game, so would not be counted "automatically".

Where I was sitting in the MRS (Town End), there were a lot of "empty" season ticket holder seats, around me.

Also have to account for Sunday lunch-time/other Family commitments/Rememberance Sunday - it could all impact on attendances.

joe 10th November 2019 23.10:10

Not suprised with BBC’s ludicrous idea to move the select few to Sunday lunch time. Might benefit the smaller non league clubs like Maldon and Tiptree but can’t see us gaining from it with a reduced gate.

Rob 10th November 2019 23.21:19

Easy solution to dropping gates.

Stronger hinges!

Red Light 10th November 2019 23.48:27

[QUOTE=Rob;2316312]Easy solution to dropping gates.

Stronger hinges![/QUOTE]

And heavier gate posts !

Not massively surprised.

Firstly, the season ticket issue - for a normal league game a ST holder gets counted in the attendance simply because he / she has bought a ST - physically he / she could be anywhere in the world - except the Racecourse but still be counted - a strange rue but there we have it.

All those attending today had to pay.

Remembrance Sunday pulled at many people's loyalties especially with the 1245 pm KO which made it even more difficult for those attempting to attend both a morning service and the match.

All could, and in my view should have been avoided and the game played on the Saturday - TV rights dictating the day / time of kick off was too much - especially today.

Interestingly there were other factors which didn't help - those trying to get to the Racecourse would have been in direct conflict with many attending or about to leave services - we got caught up in traffic due to road closures in the vicinity of the Hawarden service - in addition to the closures the roads around the memorial were congested with parked cars of those attending the service - it almost felt embarrassing to have to drive through the general area to get to a football match whilst all this was taking place.

Sadly it happens every year, the sacrifices so many made are needlessly put aside to screen matches on a Sunday - it's not as if Saturday wasn't available so no sharing the load between both days - heap the lot on Sunday and generate problems for far too many.

Wiltshire_Red 10th November 2019 23.54:15

[QUOTE=joe;2316310]Not suprised with BBC’s ludicrous idea to move the select few to Sunday lunch time. Might benefit the smaller non league clubs like Maldon and Tiptree but can’t see us gaining from it with a reduced gate.[/QUOTE]

The FA fee for extended highlights, overseas broadcast or live single camera footage on a Sunday is £12,500 per club @ £15 per adult =833 heads

tokyored 11th November 2019 00.10:09

[QUOTE=joe;2316310]Not suprised with BBC’s ludicrous idea to move the select few to Sunday lunch time. Might benefit the smaller non league clubs like Maldon and Tiptree but can’t see us gaining from it with a reduced gate.[/QUOTE]

We only get half the gate money so we've easily made money from it being on the bbc today

WrexhamO 11th November 2019 07.43:31

My point on the OP is about the last league game really and how many were actually there.
I believe the safety officer has both the official number and the actual number in the stadium...
I just think we must have had a large number of season ticket holders not attending, given that to me the number of paying home fans yesterday of 2700 approx looked far more than the official 3300 number last time out.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.58:34.