Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th November 2019, 21.05:05   #10-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: It’s Been Seven Weeks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy buckley View Post
Is this about the boards theme tune nothing compares to u(s) oh sorry that was 7 hours not weeks ��
don't forget the fifteen days
Old 12th November 2019, 21.06:32   #11-0 (permalink)
baz
Legend

Racecourse Spot: In your seat, five minutes before you turn up and tell me to move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
If EGM2019 has to rebrand to EGM2020 then that to me says it is done.

What are they, and what sorts them out?
It’s a vague thing to say, possibly too big, but has to start with the simple question of “who are we?”. I think we have drifted into this position. At first it was obvious what needed to be done, clear debt and break even. The early on field success made the next step quite muddy; fan ownership could, on the surface, also mean being competitive but in reality we achieved this with the fumes from a team we couldn’t afford. So at the time we had to really lay down a strategy for sustainability or community, or see off the trouble and sell up, the club has sold a vision of on field success without the cash or the structure to do it. In an ideal world we’d have that debate again now, to focus on community, youth development and maintaining the first team with bargain signings or just look for a buyer. But I wonder if it’s too late now and the only alternative to selling up is we hold our nose and do what we’re already doing, hopefully with a new face or two coming to the fore. But ultimately where any debate goes, if we have one, is down to all of us. We should have had that debate in the summer but nobody brought it on after a good season.
Old 12th November 2019, 21.09:54   #12-0 (permalink)
baz
Legend

Racecourse Spot: In your seat, five minutes before you turn up and tell me to move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colomiers Phoenix View Post
points 2 and 3 mention anonymity. for me this is key, If the movers and shakers do not seem to have the testicular fortitude to put their heads above the parapet, how can they expect people to follow in significant numbers ?
I wonder now if these people even still want to get the numbers required. I might be wrong, but I imagine they anticipated a flood of support, revealing themselves to those many supporters, and then success. But now we’re just seeing a half hearted swing and a miss every few days. Not exactly inspiring.
Old 12th November 2019, 21.11:10   #13-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

I'm all for an EGM in theory but if the whole board stood down then what?
Old 12th November 2019, 21.14:51   #14-0 (permalink)
baz
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
I'm all for an EGM in theory but if the whole board stood down then what?
Something we ought to be thinking about at all times. The club, whatever you think of its position right now, has been sustained by the work of a few determined individuals. It’s really precarious if you think about it. We’ve all, including me, just left them to it and demanded they get it right. All the more laughable that an anonymous collective (if indeed they are a number of people) should get the chance to put pressure on. You can’t do this with so little vision that it doesn’t even include who’s doing it.
Old 12th November 2019, 22.51:53   #15-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

It was never going to happen. The people behind have not made themselves known, and if it did happen they wouldn't have had a clue what to do next whilst sending the club into disarray. I've seen a couple people promoting it online and they are not people i would trust or back in this situation if they are behind it all, just all talk and looking for reactions. I hope there will be changes in the summer board wise but it shouldn't happen midway through a season whilst being in a relegation battle.
Old 12th November 2019, 23.43:22   #16-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaidTom View Post
Is the EGM still happening? Appears to have died a death.
Even if it is called will many of those calling for it actually leave their keyboards and turn up.

Last edited by davewilli; 12th November 2019 at 23.45:10..
Old 13th November 2019, 04.52:18   #17-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz View Post
It’s been seven weeks since the Twitter account calling for an EGM at the Wrexham Supporters Trust first made contact with the world. A week ago this account announced that it had 102 of the 132 signatures it needed, an EGM would almost certainly go ahead, and made an appeal for the final 30 signatures to get this over the line. Promising eh? Even if the 17 signatures a week this movement had got hardly compares with Napoleon marching back through France to reclaim his position.

Since then some interesting developments, if you can call them that. I (admittedly after my first drink in six weeks) tried to urge people into signing this to “put us out of our misery”. A bit arrogant of me, but I do actually have more Twitter followers than the EGM account, ludicrously. The next tweet from that EGM account came tonight to say that they needed just 30 more signatures to bring the EGM....err, what? Literally not one more signature in the last week; which probably explains why the mysterious account holder, rather desperately, replied to a tweet from Spencer Harris plugging Rangers tickets to do this.

I waded into this debate a couple of weeks ago and put a couple of noses out of joint with some of my suggestions but maybe we need to revisit them:

1. Football improvement was always likely to take the wind out of the sails of this. That improvement has been marginal but it ended some silly chants at the Bromley game and it seems to have assisted in stalling the progress of this.
2. The whole thing was too half arsed to really cut through. Aims seem admirable but barely scratch the surfaces of the real issues at the club and its future direction. That, plus the issue of anonymity, makes the whole thing lack real credibility and seem like an exercise in opportunism.
3. It was suggested on here by one of the site’s most prominent (big) mouthpieces that I just wanted to detail the process, and a focus on anonymity was a bit of a straw man argument. But it seems this process didn’t need any help from me to fail to catch fire; it’s just not cutting through.

So what next? Even if that push over line comes as I press send on this post, this movement as it stands hasn’t the numbers or the arguments to achieve anything but some petty squabbles. So what are those supporting this going to do next? I’d suggest that a movement calling for transparency can’t hide in the shadows for starters. It also can’t be focusing on football specifics that change pretty quickly. An EGM needs to get to the big issues rather than flavours of the month, even those that really need discussion. If there’s a real appetite for this then those behind it have got to do so much better. Saying so didn’t go down so well with some, predictably, but the longer this drags on the more it looks like I was right.

So is this going to open up and re-focus or is it going to dribble into insignificance?
Fans appear to have taken the alternative option of voting with their feet. Crowds have fallen quite significantly.

It is also possible that many of those who are dissatisfied are not WST members and so are ineligible to vote for an EGM.

Last edited by Liverpool Red; 13th November 2019 at 04.55:43..
Old 13th November 2019, 06.16:00   #18-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

non trust member here, love Wrexham Fc, but can not endorse what the current ownership has become, i can not stand politics ans always remove myself from it, because the club has become so politicised i have removed myself from it and will remain estranged untill there is change, when the words "The Society" are used to describe the current state of the club, or whatever, this is a clear indication of what the current powers that be have transformed the club into and when i put money into saving Wrexham Fc, i did so for the sake of the club not for someones political ideology, an analogy was used earlier in this thread concerning the difficulties of bringing down the Berlin wall, yes it did take a long time, because those trying to bring it down were up against the same ideology that has taken over Wrexham, i hope i am wrong but i feel this club is never going to go forward
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.10:33.