Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th November 2019, 11.06:40   #28-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: It’s Been Seven Weeks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
I'm all for an EGM in theory but if the whole board stood down then what?
Yes. Then what? A question I asked before.
Old 13th November 2019, 11.10:19   #29-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz View Post
You keep hearing this but if this view is a widespread one it’s so easy to be able to use to process to turn that round, seeing as hardly anyone votes and it’s apparently all about the decisions of a few people. Any groundswell of opinion against this could be turned to votes if anyone has the gumption to sell that. But I don’t think anyone does. “All we care about is football” is a bit of a cop out - someone somewhere has to care about more than that or you can’t have any kind of infrastructure. I can’t look past the fact that we’re all sitting back and waiting for someone else to do something, even people we fundamentally disagree with. That’s not going to cut it. So there can be something salvaged from this pitiful attempt at change; the next people who want it have got to reach out and do better and turn these, let’s face it, pointless conversations into something more concrete. If that’s what people want of course; the flip side is that a lot of people really only do care about football, unlike the people who say they do while also saying they want change.
Wow. You're loving sticking the knife in whenever possible at those who have at least tried to get support for the EGM. Why is that?

Pitiful? A cheap shot that reeks of a more personal motive/agenda for going on the attack. I wonder..

Its never been done before but clearly you think you know best so why don't you put your money where your mouth is so to speak?
Arrange a call for an EGM yourself seeing as you've got all the answers. Lets see what you would do and lets see the support you can muster. After all you say there's something that can be salvaged here?

Fans like TaidTom have been banging on here for years about people critical trying to 'get themselves elected' or 'do something about it then' then when they do however badly you may think they've done it (hindsight experts) all they get is sniping from the side lines and cheap shots.
They opened themselves up to suggestions by the way and have never made any claims of being experts, so how many suggestions have you made? I don't like going down this road with you Baz but I don't feel I have much choice given your tone and the bizarre nature of your attacks.

So you can't win. Voice criticisms on a fans forum you get hammered. Try to follow the trusts own rules to call an EGM and get hammered. What do people want here? For fans to pay up and shut up? That's the message we're getting from the Club and Trust.

You can't expect a few fans to be experts in trying to call an EGM when its never been done before, although by reading your posts anyone would think you are the oracle on the subject. I'm really not sure where your high and mighty tone comes from in that respect.

By the way this shit storm is the firmly WST fault, its the club boards fault, they are the ones who have created this division, the them and us divide. They've split the fan base, they've told lies, they've made terrible decisions, some even repeated and all without any accountability or humility or anything whatsoever in fact.
Yet the ones who are being mocked and taking abuse from fake twitter accounts (who we all know who is behind them BTW) is a couple of fans who basically want to get everyone round the table to talk, sort this mess out and move forward. That's the bottom line here, the red tape of getting there and the apathy in the fans isn't those behind the EGM's fault. You only have to look at voting on resolutions to see that. Why aren't the same rules and stick beating applied to the WST when the AGM comes around and the numbers voting are equally low?

Seems to me the club and trust get carte blanche to do what the hell they want from a minority of fans whereas when other fans speak out or are critical all hell breaks loose because how dare you criticise those who 'saved our club'. Well I'm sorry but saving the club was not just down to those in positions on the club or trust board it was many others and now we're well past that it simply isn't enough anymore. You can't dine out on what happened after the Moss era for ever.
Old 13th November 2019, 11.14:49   #30-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugolini View Post
You do realise that isn't what the call for the EGM is about?

They even said so in the agenda. Did you even read it? At least get your facts straight.
Old 13th November 2019, 11.28:13   #31-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Nothing’s getting done Phil, you’re just wasting your breath.
Old 13th November 2019, 11.42:03   #32-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugolini View Post
Is anyone actually calling for everyone to stand down? I know the people calling for the AGM certainly aren’t.
Old 13th November 2019, 12.17:00   #33-0 (permalink)
baz
Legend

Racecourse Spot: In your seat, five minutes before you turn up and tell me to move

Oh Phil. The reason I’m sticking the knife into this EGM is because it’s crap. It’s led by shadowy figures, its aims don’t get to the heart of the issue and it isn’t getting through to people. There’s no personal agenda - I’d have to know who the people were doing this (or have any relationship with those under threat) for that to be the case. I’m not going to launch my own EGM because I don’t want one; the timing absolutely stinks and is based on tantrums about football results rather than its stated issues. The club itself has not changed since the summer so there was a window to do this honestly then. That nobody did tells you everything. We need debate, we could do with some new blood too, but if the methods of getting those are crap it has to be said. It actually harms possible change and me saying so plays no part in it being true. The easiest way to stop the EGM is to let it die on its arse, as it is currently doing. If you want success from it you should be annoyed with them, not me.

You can grumble all you like at the suggestion that if people want change they have to drive it but it’s true isn’t it? As it stands there are a lot of internet gobs who just want Spencer Harris to wake up in the morning and just perform a 180 on how he sees the club. It’s not going to cut it. And even if you think that sucks that is just the way it is and you have to operate within those parameters.
Old 13th November 2019, 12.19:03   #34-0 (permalink)
baz
Legend

Racecourse Spot: In your seat, five minutes before you turn up and tell me to move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
This is really hard to disagree with.
But some people still try 🤣
Old 13th November 2019, 12.21:01   #35-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Wow. You're loving sticking the knife in whenever possible at those who have at least tried to get support for the EGM. Why is that?

Pitiful? A cheap shot that reeks of a more personal motive/agenda for going on the attack. I wonder..

Its never been done before but clearly you think you know best so why don't you put your money where your mouth is so to speak?
Arrange a call for an EGM yourself seeing as you've got all the answers. Lets see what you would do and lets see the support you can muster. After all you say there's something that can be salvaged here?

Fans like TaidTom have been banging on here for years about people critical trying to 'get themselves elected' or 'do something about it then' then when they do however badly you may think they've done it (hindsight experts) all they get is sniping from the side lines and cheap shots.
They opened themselves up to suggestions by the way and have never made any claims of being experts, so how many suggestions have you made? I don't like going down this road with you Baz but I don't feel I have much choice given your tone and the bizarre nature of your attacks.

So you can't win. Voice criticisms on a fans forum you get hammered. Try to follow the trusts own rules to call an EGM and get hammered. What do people want here? For fans to pay up and shut up? That's the message we're getting from the Club and Trust.

You can't expect a few fans to be experts in trying to call an EGM when its never been done before, although by reading your posts anyone would think you are the oracle on the subject. I'm really not sure where your high and mighty tone comes from in that respect.

By the way this shit storm is the firmly WST fault, its the club boards fault, they are the ones who have created this division, the them and us divide. They've split the fan base, they've told lies, they've made terrible decisions, some even repeated and all without any accountability or humility or anything whatsoever in fact.
Yet the ones who are being mocked and taking abuse from fake twitter accounts (who we all know who is behind them BTW) is a couple of fans who basically want to get everyone round the table to talk, sort this mess out and move forward. That's the bottom line here, the red tape of getting there and the apathy in the fans isn't those behind the EGM's fault. You only have to look at voting on resolutions to see that. Why aren't the same rules and stick beating applied to the WST when the AGM comes around and the numbers voting are equally low?

Seems to me the club and trust get carte blanche to do what the hell they want from a minority of fans whereas when other fans speak out or are critical all hell breaks loose because how dare you criticise those who 'saved our club'. Well I'm sorry but saving the club was not just down to those in positions on the club or trust board it was many others and now we're well past that it simply isn't enough anymore. You can't dine out on what happened after the Moss era for ever.
Excellent post you have my full support.
Old 13th November 2019, 12.32:06   #36-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz View Post
Oh Phil. The reason I’m sticking the knife into this EGM is because it’s crap. It’s led by shadowy figures, its aims don’t get to the heart of the issue and it isn’t getting through to people. There’s no personal agenda - I’d have to know who the people were doing this (or have any relationship with those under threat) for that to be the case. I’m not going to launch my own EGM because I don’t want one; the timing absolutely stinks and is based on tantrums about football results rather than its stated issues. The club itself has not changed since the summer so there was a window to do this honestly then. That nobody did tells you everything. We need debate, we could do with some new blood too, but if the methods of getting those are crap it has to be said. It actually harms possible change and me saying so plays no part in it being true. The easiest way to stop the EGM is to let it die on its arse, as it is currently doing. If you want success from it you should be annoyed with them, not me.

You can grumble all you like at the suggestion that if people want change they have to drive it but it’s true isn’t it? As it stands there are a lot of internet gobs who just want Spencer Harris to wake up in the morning and just perform a 180 on how he sees the club. It’s not going to cut it. And even if you think that sucks that is just the way it is and you have to operate within those parameters.
Oh baz. Could you possibly be more condescending?

What is the heart of the issue? You saying a lot without saying anything. Cut to the point.

The timing would never be right. You could always find something to say the timing stinks. In the summer I'd guess you'd say it would take focus away from the board helping the manager to sign players or whatever else you can think of. The timing stick that you're using here won't wash.

This part about tantrums is purely a guess from you and totally baseless. I'm guessing its based on resignations from the WST board and the subsequent outings done on here. Besides your flawed guesswork, have you forgotten this is a football club?
Its ok to be not happy about the football you know and then try and do something about it? Why isn't that ok when you want the club to be successful or at least compete for success?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.24:14.