Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th November 2019, 12.36:32   #37-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: It’s Been Seven Weeks...

If this was a political debate between Baz and Phils-an Alki IMO it is a no contest. Baz you win hands down.
Old 13th November 2019, 12.41:29   #38-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Oh baz. Could you possibly be more condescending?

What is the heart of the issue? You saying a lot without saying anything. Cut to the point.

The timing would never be right. You could always find something to say the timing stinks. In the summer I'd guess you'd say it would take focus away from the board helping the manager to sign players or whatever else you can think of. The timing stick that you're using here won't wash.

This part about tantrums is purely a guess from you and totally baseless. I'm guessing its based on resignations from the WST board and the subsequent outings done on here. Besides your flawed guesswork, have you forgotten this is a football club?
Its ok to be not happy about the football you know and then try and do something about it? Why isn't that ok when you want the club to be successful or at least compete for success?
No harm in wanting to try and change things but don't you admit whoever is behind the call for the EGM is doing a pretty poor job? It just seems to be a few keyboard warriors moaning on social media. You can see by the number of people signing up to it that their efforts are hardly persuading the masses to sign up.

I've no issue with keyboard warriors moaning on social media by the way - each to their own.
Old 13th November 2019, 12.48:51   #39-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

there are a growing number of people in pubs, in work, in rp, in everywhere who are despondant with what our club has become, it is clear nothing is going to change, notb even with this holy land of an EGM, theres only one way to achieve change and that ,is with your feet, yes it will hurt the club short term, but will not hurt the club as much as is being done now almost on a daily basis, if we manage a couple of wins the insurrection of the last six months will be just brushed under the mat, ignore the plebs they will soon come round, thats what i see and i will not give hard earned money for that insult, the only thing this lot will react to is falling attendances and even then i expect them to change one or two faces and more brushing under the carpet, they have done a betterv job than hamilton
Old 13th November 2019, 13.09:07   #40-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

I am very disillusioned about how my club is run and organised. If I dare voice a criticism, a few of Spencer’s lads delight in rubbishing me on RP. Personally, I probably have a few skills that the board could use, but as I work full time, there’s really no way that I could help them out.
So, we either plot a soft revolution (and get portrayed as disloyal to the club) or we just watch the present board bumble their way along to the 6th tier of the football league.
There again, I should be grateful that we have a club at all! And oh yes, every potential investor is a swine, and will try and drive us into oblivion. I have nothing personal against the board members, but a few of these guys are intent on hogging the limelight. They are Wrexham fans at heart, and try their level best to get success, but they should remember that WAFC is not THEIR club, it’s OURS. The prospect of clothes shopping and garden centres actually seems more appealing than the Racecourse at 3pm on a Saturday. I cannot protest with my feet - I am saddled with a ST.
Old 13th November 2019, 13.09:48   #41-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post
No harm in wanting to try and change things but don't you admit whoever is behind the call for the EGM is doing a pretty poor job? It just seems to be a few keyboard warriors moaning on social media. You can see by the number of people signing up to it that their efforts are hardly persuading the masses to sign up.

I've no issue with keyboard warriors moaning on social media by the way - each to their own.
Surely a keyboard warrior wouldn't go to all that bother? This is the opposite surely?

The numbers in comparison to those who actually vote aren't that bad, do you beat the WST with the same stick and apply the same rules when votes on resolutions are always shockingly low and always have been?
I think apathy rules all here.

Enjoy the football lads, that's me done on the subject.
Old 13th November 2019, 13.12:26   #42-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelltown View Post
If this was a political debate between Baz and Phils-an Alki IMO it is a no contest. Baz you win hands down.
No one wins if the club continues to fail. Now I really am done on the subject.
Old 13th November 2019, 13.15:22   #43-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelltown View Post
Is it a political debate?

It really shouldn't be.

If the EGM can't be launched there is no debate. The club just continues to throw shit at the wall and hope that some sticks.
Old 13th November 2019, 13.33:52   #44-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Oh baz. Could you possibly be more condescending?

What is the heart of the issue? You saying a lot without saying anything. Cut to the point.

The timing would never be right. You could always find something to say the timing stinks. In the summer I'd guess you'd say it would take focus away from the board helping the manager to sign players or whatever else you can think of. The timing stick that you're using here won't wash.

This part about tantrums is purely a guess from you and totally baseless. I'm guessing its based on resignations from the WST board and the subsequent outings done on here. Besides your flawed guesswork, have you forgotten this is a football club?
Its ok to be not happy about the football you know and then try and do something about it? Why isn't that ok when you want the club to be successful or at least compete for success?
The heart of the issues is this... the vast majority of fans don't care how we're run - they just want successful football. Much of the reaction is like a toddler having a massive tantrum. We're rubbish so therefore we want the board out.

The truth of the matter is that the ownership model is not the issue. Most of us agree that new blood would be a good thing and that a change of certain procedures is also necessary but a whole new sweep achieves nothing. Changing the model, per se, achieves nothing.

The guys/gals behind the EGM account (I'm sure it's not just the one person mentioned on here) have made a number of mistakes in their approach which has meant that I, even though I know change is needed, haven't been able to get behind them.
Old 13th November 2019, 13.36:17   #45-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
Is it a political debate?

It really shouldn't be.

If the EGM can't be launched there is no debate. The club just continues to throw shit at the wall and hope that some sticks.
I just called it a political debate, maybe just debate would have been suffice. I believe that if our league position at this moment in time had been higher up the league,given what our expectations were before the season started. The call for some board members resignations may not have arisen.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.59:17.