Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th November 2019, 05.58:05   #10-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Any EGM update?

i admire your thoughts ruthin red you have shown you care about the club and want change, the problem is most Wrexham fans are not members and are not interested in societies, or meetings or voting, all most fans want is to support their team, i understand it can be argued that by being a member and attending meetings and voting is supporting the club but that is supporting the board etc on their terms, when we all clubbed together to save our club we did not do so for the end result to be what it is, personally i do not think an egm will change anything short term or long term, it may ruffle a few feathers but the plain fact is, fans are giving up, fans do not want to stand up in a meeting and criticise those failing the club, to be then castigated by the "cult" board/wst supporters, people dont want that embarrassment, they just want their football club, none of this dogma and [political protocol, we just want a football club and we did not give up our personal income to satisfy a minorities ideals, well i did not anyway, but the average fan does not want meetings, votes etc, they want a REAL football club
Old 26th November 2019, 06.41:04   #11-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
Claims that most RP posters want an EGM are at odds with the fact that fewer than 37 out of the entire WST membership don't seem to agree...

Everyone except those 30 odd: Get back in step!
Where are you getting those numbers from? If they were only 35 short, I thought we were talking significantly more than 37 people having signed up.

There’s also presumably some people who aren’t WST members who want change but aren’t willing to sign up for the Trust because of the well-documented issues.

Finally, as Baz has pointed out on other threads, there may be people who want AN EGM, just not THIS EGM - the anonymity of those proposing it appears to have put some people off, while others want a change in ownership model which isn’t being called for here.

Do you really think, looking at our attendances, there are only 30 odd people who are unhappy with the way things are going?
Old 26th November 2019, 06.51:05   #12-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

The anonymity may have put some off, but I still don't blame those taking part for wanting to stay anonymous. Not everyone can handle that level of abuse or threats to their job.
Old 26th November 2019, 07.38:32   #13-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
The anonymity may have put some off, but I still don't blame those taking part for wanting to stay anonymous. Not everyone can handle that level of abuse or threats to their job.
Yeah, I don’t blame them myself, but it’s a sign of how toxic things seem to be, with some vile behaviour from people on both sides of the divide. (Thinking about stuff like the ‘parody’ account of a teenage boy set up by someone who doesn’t seem to like Spencer.)
Old 26th November 2019, 07.50:00   #14-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Yeah, I don’t blame them myself, but it’s a sign of how toxic things seem to be, with some vile behaviour from people on both sides of the divide. (Thinking about stuff like the ‘parody’ account of a teenage boy set up by someone who doesn’t seem to like Spencer.)
Indeed, it's gone both ways. It's worrying as it makes it less likely that we'll see any change.
Old 26th November 2019, 12.23:42   #15-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Where are you getting those numbers from? If they were only 35 short, I thought we were talking significantly more than 37 people having signed up.

There’s also presumably some people who aren’t WST members who want change but aren’t willing to sign up for the Trust because of the well-documented issues.

Finally, as Baz has pointed out on other threads, there may be people who want AN EGM, just not THIS EGM - the anonymity of those proposing it appears to have put some people off, while others want a change in ownership model which isn’t being called for here.

Do you really think, looking at our attendances, there are only 30 odd people who are unhappy with the way things are going?
Yes - the figure quoted by me was misleading, up to a point. However, on 30th October, Pete Jones clarified that at least 5% of the ADULT membership (then standing at 2,640 plus the kids) would have to vote for an EGM before one could be called. 5% of 2,640 is 132. On 1st November, a further 35 Members were still required to reach that magical 5% figure indicating that only 97 people had actually put their names/membership numbers forward.

There may have been a few more since then, but nowhere near enough. Say about 100 people out of an adult membership of 2,640. Does that sound to you like an overwhelming vote for an EGM?

My point was that on RP, the same few posters repeatedly criticise what's happening at the club, without many replying, which creates the totally false picture that everybody wants the EGM.

I've said previously that there are obvious areas of weakness behind the scenes, and that a set of discussion points put before a meeting could result in sufficient sensible motions to be presented at a subsequent AGM, but chucking out a request for an EGM based on nothing more that complaints is the same as an opposition party at a General Election doing nothing more than complain about the Government without putting forward its own policies for the future in a clearly worded manifesto - i.e. it's a no-hope strategy!
Old 26th November 2019, 13.09:43   #16-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonspark View Post
i admire your thoughts ruthin red you have shown you care about the club and want change, the problem is most Wrexham fans are not members and are not interested in societies, or meetings or voting, all most fans want is to support their team, i understand it can be argued that by being a member and attending meetings and voting is supporting the club but that is supporting the board etc on their terms, when we all clubbed together to save our club we did not do so for the end result to be what it is, personally i do not think an egm will change anything short term or long term, it may ruffle a few feathers but the plain fact is, fans are giving up, fans do not want to stand up in a meeting and criticise those failing the club, to be then castigated by the "cult" board/wst supporters, people dont want that embarrassment, they just want their football club, none of this dogma and [political protocol, we just want a football club and we did not give up our personal income to satisfy a minorities ideals, well i did not anyway, but the average fan does not want meetings, votes etc, they want a REAL football club
Good post.
Old 26th November 2019, 14.13:49   #17-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post

There may have been a few more since then, but nowhere near enough. Say about 100 people out of an adult membership of 2,640. Does that sound to you like an overwhelming vote for an EGM?
Oh, completely agree that it’s not. I think the big issue is that a few thousand people are unhappy enough to just stop going, as we’ve seen from the massive drop in attendances. Yes, we always lose some fans through the season, but this is much worse than normal.

In response to your earlier ‘get back in step’ comment, I think people would be more likely to do so if stuff like the DSA bad-mouthing, constant poor communication, lack of willingness to quickly follow motions voted for at an AGM, the board’s overconfidence in themselves as having all necessary skills, and the seeming want to shut down criticism (as shown by John Mills banning a fan from SO78 for being critical, and Pete Jones not requesting that people heckling critical questioners ar the recent meeting) showed any sign of being dealt with.
Old 26th November 2019, 16.46:41   #18-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

It does seem that the EGM is dead

Hopefully though the board will have read the proposals and take onboard a counter viewpoint with some suggestions on how to improve
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.31:24.