Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th November 2019, 08.53:46   #37-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: J J Hooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejackoinsaudi View Post
Is Hooper in breach of the contract he signed? If yes get rid now and take him to court to recover the money spent on him.
Following track record, he's more likely to get a sympathy contract out of our board....

I doubt we'll see him in a Wrexham shirt again from what I'm reading / hearing.

Last edited by Answer Release; 26th November 2019 at 08.54:51..
Old 26th November 2019, 08.57:31   #38-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Who would of thought a rookie manager would make these sort of mistakes eh?

Going by recent form we'll release Hooper next month then resign him in the summer.
He'll leave us and score 25 goals for Boreham Wood next season.
Old 26th November 2019, 08.59:55   #39-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWREX View Post
I think the question should be,why doesn't he want to play for us. If he's home sick ok but surely he'd been told Wrexham is not bright lights and glitter. More likely sick of playing and watching the tactics dished out. Playing on your own isolated and waiting for the rest of the team to catch up.
I think some of it may stem from the Dagenham match when he was injured. He was asked to try and run it off.

His brother apparently was in with the Wrexham fans and was unhappy that he was asked to try to run it off and got into an altercation with a couple of fans who slagged JJ for not trying. Police lead his brother away from the two guys but he was clearly unhappy and if your fans are having a go at your family I guess that doesn't put you in the best frame of mind.

Just surmising that may be a contributing factor for him dragging his heels/not wanting to play or whatever it is going on.

Seem to remember Klopp saying something similar about Sturridge having to play through a bit of pain.

Last edited by basdragon; 26th November 2019 at 09.01:47..
Old 26th November 2019, 09.03:28   #40-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
He'll leave us and score 25 goals for Boreham Wood next season.
On a serious note I'd like to hear the players side to this. A lot quick to condemn him based on a coded message from Keates.
Old 26th November 2019, 09.07:10   #41-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
Got to be Akil Wright!
Quote:
Originally Posted by awill View Post
I don’t think so !
I don’t think so either.

I didn’t think Percy watched us anymore, too involved with Weatherfield F C
Old 26th November 2019, 09.07:41   #42-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
On a serious note I'd like to hear the players side to this. A lot quick to condemn him based on a coded message from Keates.
Same. I'm sure he's not refusing to play, unless he's got good reason. And when he has played its not as if he hasn't bothered.

It does seem strange for Keates to make the statement. I'd prefer to keep this sort of thing in house, but I suppose people are questioning. People were slagging off Hooper all over social media the other week.
Old 26th November 2019, 09.16:06   #43-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Same. I'm sure he's not refusing to play, unless he's got good reason. And when he has played its not as if he hasn't bothered.

It does seem strange for Keates to make the statement. I'd prefer to keep this sort of thing in house, but I suppose people are questioning. People were slagging off Hooper all over social media the other week.
I'd hold off the slagging personally because he's the best striker we've got at the club and we need him. Put him in that team that played on Saturday and we probably win.
Old 26th November 2019, 09.16:29   #44-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

I didnt believe this at the time but I was told weeks ago by someone from the club that when he did the initial injury he went to Gobowen and when they scanned him he told them the wrong leg! seriously! The guy in question swore it was true, whether by accident or not I don't know. The guy was adamant it was true though.
Old 26th November 2019, 09.25:51   #45-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

Lets be fair would you trust our medical team to judge if a player was fit or not given their track record
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.22:38.