Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28th November 2019, 13.40:19   #21-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ebbsfleet Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
we had a few but we put virtually all of them into the stand.
I honestly do not remember one clear cut chance other than the disallowed goal.
Old 28th November 2019, 13.47:18   #22-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

The header for Pearson from a Young free kick was by his standards a sitter, free header 10 yards out, an in form Pearson would have buried it.
Old 28th November 2019, 13.54:18   #23-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
For all Jennings failings, all Jennings was shouting at the forwards was to 'move', I don't think you can blame him for that. All he wanted was a few options for him to pass the ball into, he didn't get that for the majority.

Grant had given up, probably suffering after being effectively beaten up by their CB's all game, him and the others were static. Most players body language screamed 'don't give me the ball'.

I wouldn't put any blame on Lainton, on a personal level he may well feel he could have saved it but the defence and midfield were at fault for that goal for me.
I think Carra is just on the wane as a player, is he 32 now? Unfortunately his best days are behind him. Still our best RB though by some distance. I personally didn't notice him too much, not sure if that's good or bad.
I didn't blame Lainton. Overall - I think he is still giving it his all and is possible captain material. As said he may have been disappointed with being beaten from such a distance.
What happened to the Tollit that many of us saw at Boreham wood last season ? He was almost unplayable at this level - scored a brace and should have scored 4. Just look at the team from that night :

Lainton
Jennings
Carrington (Capt)
Kennedy
Lawlor

Walker
Wright
Young
Rutherford

Oswell
Tollit

8/11 that started on Tuesday in a side that went top of the league with a 2-0 win.

Now - both you and I wanted Oswell in the side on tuesday and most were baffled as to why Kennedy was omitted. That would have meant only Walker missing ! Top with 12 games to go and now look
Old 28th November 2019, 13.59:53   #24-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Thought that was what Keepers were paid for. We had a few chances ourselves.
Would Dibble have made those saves? Also he would have give his customary blunder goal away as well so it may well have been 0-4 with him in goal.

If Leighton does get injured then we are well and truly fliped.
Old 28th November 2019, 14.04:26   #25-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

We will see how strong we are psychologically on Saturday. If we can somehow score first I think we should go on to win it. However, if we go a goal down then heads will drop and sure as eggs are eggs.... defeat looms.

I do not think we are where we are due to lack of effort. Rather it’s a lack of ability and playing with one non-striker. DK should know that we cannot start with Tuesday’s team. If he does, he deserves all the criticisms he will get.

Anything other than a win will be a disaster.
Old 28th November 2019, 15.20:17   #26-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
I didn't blame Lainton. Overall - I think he is still giving it his all and is possible captain material. As said he may have been disappointed with being beaten from such a distance.
What happened to the Tollit that many of us saw at Boreham wood last season ? He was almost unplayable at this level - scored a brace and should have scored 4. Just look at the team from that night :

Lainton
Jennings
Carrington (Capt)
Kennedy
Lawlor

Walker
Wright
Young
Rutherford

Oswell
Tollit

8/11 that started on Tuesday in a side that went top of the league with a 2-0 win.

Now - both you and I wanted Oswell in the side on tuesday and most were baffled as to why Kennedy was omitted. That would have meant only Walker missing ! Top with 12 games to go and now look
No I know you weren't blaming Lainton, was agreeing with you.

Its startling how so many players form has crashed this season. That team says it all and how much Walker is missed. Too many managerial changes will not have done anything to reverse this.
Old 28th November 2019, 15.36:34   #27-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

There was a time when we were playing the likes of Chelsea at home. Now we’re talking about Ebbsfleet. Where’d it all go wrong, eh?
Old 28th November 2019, 15.55:46   #28-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

I know this is a trivial question with everything that's happening now but, who is contracted to us for next season?
Old 28th November 2019, 15.58:53   #29-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: on a seat

bloody big headed egos people thats where it all went wrong, i said if you can t go up it s the law of averages that eventually you will go down simple. but the powers that be have tried to get us back up on a shoestring, thick bastards the lot of them. every fan that watches wxm knew we needed 2 strikers and a midfielder to get us up bar the managers and the back slapping board
Old 28th November 2019, 16.31:39   #30-0 (permalink)
"It's Only A Game!"

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpensioner View Post
I know this is a trivial question with everything that's happening now but, who is contracted to us for next season?

Barton, Lainton, Pearson and Redmond. Plus Keates and it seems Darlington has a lifetime contract.

http://www.troubador.co.uk/book_info.asp?bookid=4920
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.21:30.