Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th November 2019, 10.18:40   #46-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ebbsfleet Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
This team don't deserve the fantastic support Wrexham fans give nor do they provide much to shout about even in terms of pure running and effort, especially away from home. Fck em is my attitude at the moment.

When the club captain downs tools as and when he feels like it, it only further shows the piss poor attitude that's running throughout the players. So they can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Keates is getting pelters and rightly so for a number of reasons, but he and the board are getting all the flack however yet again the players get off lightly with nothing more than a few boos at HT and FT.

Do they give a flying fck? Its hard to make a case that they do.

Out of present squad members I'd say Young and Jennings were the only ones who looked like they cared on Tuesday night.
What a load of bollocks !
Old 29th November 2019, 13.48:37   #47-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Have the board prepared a budget for National League North? it would be foolish of them not to be preparing for what is a very feasible possibility. There may be decision that need to be made now with that future possibility in mind.
If come the end of January we are still in the relegation zone then they are going to have to make some very difficult decisions. Saying that it will probably be around that time they decide to jump ship.
Old 29th November 2019, 14.07:42   #48-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
If come the end of January we are still in the relegation zone then they are going to have to make some very difficult decisions. Saying that it will probably be around that time they decide to jump ship.
You wouldn't put it past some of them. Oh it wasn't us who took the club down, we weren't in post!

Old 29th November 2019, 14.41:33   #49-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
You wouldn't put it past some of them. Oh it wasn't us who took the club down, we weren't in post!

As everyone knows it started with the Barrow and Hughes appointments however if you don’t want the responsibility of taking us down someone needs to be in place by 1st of January to take control and get the mistakes put right and the funds to correct them. The next 4-8 weeks will shape the next 5-10 years or maybe even longer for Wrexham FC.

We now need leaders more then ever, it’s not heart or belief that’s going to turn things around the same that it was never going to get us promoted.
Old 29th November 2019, 15.14:04   #50-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Dont panic, Dont panic, Its not even Christmas yet. Time for a change in fortunes and a bit of luck. Maybe starting on Saturday.
Old 29th November 2019, 15.17:39   #51-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by standman View Post
As everyone knows it started with the Barrow and Hughes appointments however if you don’t want the responsibility of taking us down someone needs to be in place by 1st of January to take control and get the mistakes put right and the funds to correct them. The next 4-8 weeks will shape the next 5-10 years or maybe even longer for Wrexham FC.

We now need leaders more then ever, it’s not heart or belief that’s going to turn things around the same that it was never going to get us promoted.
Saving Wrexham AFC from the damage done by some reckless decisions made by the Club Board and WST Board on behalf of its members is a bit like the Green Campaign and saving the planet. Has Wrexham AFC already passed its 'tipping point' or can it be rescued and turned around in the summer for next season?

I think many WST members are in denial along with the Club Board and WST Board. Many think the problem is not the fault of those who represent us, whilst others -- myself included -- don't think they own the many issues they have created. Poor decision making and a seemingly lack of money are the issues that won't go away, and the finances will tank unless those issues are acknowledged and then dealt with.

However, all the off-field mismanagement will be forgotten if DK begins to win games. There can be absolutely no excuses for yet another defeat at Ebbsfleet Utd on Saturday. The manager, coaches and team must respond positively. Get to 50 points and then review the entire squad in the summer.

As for the Board's status: I personally think the Fans' Direct model has failed; individuals have made very poor decisions; and we need to introduce new blood to the Wrexham AFC Board. The biggest requirement is for the WST Chairman to take a more active role in running the football club, and being accountable to the WST members. They are there to represent us; we are not members to keep them in place if they cannot produce the goods.

Ultimately, we are in danger of losing sight of what we are about. The Board is there to make the club successful. But it is the football that is pivotal to the business model and, without doubt, that quality is missing through our own acts over an extended period and under numerous managers.
Old 30th November 2019, 00.15:29   #52-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

if ever we needed a win away from home - today is the day.

An absolute 9 pointer.

A defeat will make our trip to Eastleigh on Tuesday evening even more daunting - two defeats and we could cave in big style at home to Solihull Moors next Saturday.

Our season hinges on the next 3 matches - otherwise we could be cast adrift and unable to get back above the trap door.
Old 30th November 2019, 00.58:10   #53-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
[/COLOR]

We started well on Tuesday but my concern is the way we failed to respond to going a goal down.
Too many players let their heads drop. Personally thought Jennings was poor and slows play down as he has no ability to go past a defender. Gets in one decent cross a game if he's lucky.
Young played well but started slowly, Summerfield and Wright were non existent for most of the game. Pearson looked about 80% fit. Carra was average. Grant isolated, Rutherford did OK. Patrick looked like a decent acquisition but unless we start to link play up better he'll be no use to us.
Hoofball does not work with the players we've got.
Hughes got more out of the team than Keates is doing and Flynn playing 3 at the back was building a more entertaining and fluent side. Should have been given 'till the end of the season to see if he could complete the job.

Hey Q.R we agree a good post
Posted via mobile theme
Old 30th November 2019, 09.18:32   #54-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: tec end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
if ever we needed a win away from home - today is the day.

An absolute 9 pointer.

A defeat will make our trip to Eastleigh on Tuesday evening even more daunting - two defeats and we could cave in big style at home to Solihull Moors next Saturday.

Our season hinges on the next 3 matches - otherwise we could be cast adrift and unable to get back above the trap door.
Exactly.

I haven't made many matches this season but I am going today - and should get to Eastleigh tuesday.

I so want to believe that there is more to this team and that we can pull out of the relegation zone.

Did not want Keats and it is beyond depressing that after all that has happened to us recently (Keats Mk1, Ricketts, Barrow, Yosser) we are back with Deano .

Barrow (the match) gaVe me some hope and I liked immediate change at RB and with Lainton fit and Hooper coming back (*?????) I had a stirring of hope. Furthermore (based on listening on radio) were it not for Grant missing a last minute sitter we would be celebrating a 4-3 win against Yeovil and talking about how a team that can't score had scored 4 and how a team, that never comes back behind - did.

But he missed the sitter

But Fylde ( based on radio and what has been posted on here) sounded proper shite. Awful -most players not caring and no fight and many fans staying away

So today is absolutely crucial - we MUST get something out of this match and these players MUST play like they give a flip
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.17:39.