RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Ebbsfleet Saturday (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115008-ebbsfleet-saturday.html)

NottsRed 28th November 2019 07.31:47

Ebbsfleet Saturday

Never thought id end up saying this but this is a massive game for the club. Loose this and we may end up bottom of the conference come 5 pm on Saturday. The psychological blow from that is going to be huge.

Ebbsfleet shipped in 5 against Barnet mid week but do look like they can score. Can we keep a clean sheet and do what we often can't and score especially with our predictable tactics of one upfront?

For me if he is cleared fit JJ Hooper has to start. If he won't play then they need to look at terminating his contract. Id also seriously consider dropping Pearson as his form is poor plus he is showing little appetite to lead.

Thoughts????

FieldtownRed 28th November 2019 07.37:51

Re: Ebbsfleet Saturday

Was going to go but can't be arsed.

wrexile 28th November 2019 07.46:44

Staying with friends near Reading at the weekend, I was also going to drive over for this but not now.
After Tuesday’s game I’ve had a belly full this week.

draigwrecsam 28th November 2019 09.34:58

I'll be there, but I won't be surprised at a repeat of last year's 4-2 defeat. With heavy heart in these critical times I will urge the team on as best I can.

joe 28th November 2019 09.48:14

Driving back when we lost 3-0 there was it for me, never again am I going there. Would imagine it being 10x worse coming back after we go bottom of the league.

davewilli 28th November 2019 09.48:51

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2321546]Never thought id end up saying this but this is a massive game for the club. Loose this and we may end up bottom of the conference come 5 pm on Saturday. The psychological blow from that is going to be huge.

Ebbsfleet shipped in 5 against Barnet mid week but do look like they can score. Can we keep a clean sheet and do what we often can't and score especially with our predictable tactics of one upfront?

For me if he is cleared fit JJ Hooper has to start. If he won't play then they need to look at terminating his contract. Id also seriously consider dropping Pearson as his form is poor plus he is showing little appetite to lead.

Thoughts????[/QUOTE]

As desperate for a central striker as we are it would be too much of a risk starting Hooper unless he has been back in full training for a week or more. Despite the rights and wrongs of his continued absence, he obviously feels he has an injury/concern and even if he didn't the length of time he has been out throwing him straight in will always risk further injuries. That said hopefully, he can make the bench and maybe get 15/20minutes. Having him back and fit will be a massive boost all round but there is a long way to go and unless we can bring in a replacement he is likely to be key over the last 4 months.

michaelps 28th November 2019 10.26:01

I just can't face this either and that's living in London 20 mins away by fast train.

Huffy 28th November 2019 10.30:40

[QUOTE=davewilli;2321565]As desperate for a central striker as we are it would be too much of a risk starting Hooper unless he has been back in full training for a week or more. Despite the rights and wrongs of his continued absence, he obviously feels he has an injury/concern and even if he didn't the length of time he has been out throwing him straight in will always risk further injuries. That said hopefully, he can make the bench and maybe get 15/20minutes. Having him back and fit will be a massive boost all round but there is a long way to go and unless we can bring in a replacement he is likely to be key over the last 4 months.[/QUOTE]
Yes.
Has he got the will and passion to come back in the team, or has that boat sunk with everything else?

Quay Red 28th November 2019 10.31:52

[QUOTE=michaelps;2321577]I just can't face this either and that's living in London 20 mins away by fast train.[/QUOTE]

Now is the time when support is really needed.
Didn't agree with Keates returning but will always support the team.
Surprisingly, a small loyal bunch of supporters can often make more noise than a large contingent. When the going gets tough -

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.09:17.