Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th November 2019, 09.13:42   #51-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sign the petition....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz Wxm View Post
you should do your research, most of the clubs mentioned above have assets attractive to an investor.... our club has nothing except its name. One could consider the fan base as an asset but it is deeply divided with some advocating not going to games... christ if supporters arn't prepared to pay £19 to see their club play and survive who on the outside is going to GIVE millions to the club for no financial return. if there was someone out there willing to put money into a football club any club they will do their research and know clubs like ourselves will welcome them with open arms, it doesn't need begging letter sending out!

the club is trying to attract outside investment and there have been a number of sponsorship deals recently, but sadly they haven't found a money tree...

sign the petition or not it a personal choice, in reality its not going to make a difference but may make the ones signing feel good about them selves, when in reality they can't be bothered to turn up at meetings, pose questions and put proper pressure on the elected officials....
A long term lease is an asset.

One's posed the question a few time s and more recently, still a noisey few vehemently against an investment or in this case a full sale.

Somebody has been touch with the WST looking into the mechanics of a buyout, I wonder why that hasn't leaked like everything else? No firm proposal as far as I'm aware has been put forward so far, so it can't be the NDA.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 30th November 2019 at 09.17:51..
Old 30th November 2019, 09.15:20   #52-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
You're right, fans aren't happy, they are not apathetic, and are desperate for something to turn around the fortunes of the club.

When someone stands up, and proposes an alternative way forward fans will have something to consider and maybe get behind.

Until that happens few will support removing the current set up with no realistic and workable alternatives prepared to take over.
How many people are suggesting ‘removing the current set up’? The EGM specifically WASN’T aimed at that. The call for ‘organisational change at board level’ (which again clearly stated they WEREN’T suggesting a complete replacement of board members) could have led to the people from the WST board currently shadowing club board members to take over their roles. I would assume these people are ‘realistic and workable alternatives’, otherwise it makes me wonder what the point of them shadowing is!!
Old 30th November 2019, 10.22:34   #53-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

to gaz-wxm i do not intend to insult or agravate anyone but the problems we are facing is the result of some points you have raised, for example; fans, as you say can not be bothered to pay £19, you are right, myself included, my own reasoning is that to attend matches is to endorse the trust/board which i feel i can not do but i also agree with other abstainers that the standard of football has steadily dropped and entertainment value is very low add to that our poor results and hence people are not going to part with money.
There is certainly no indication that the board/trust are welcoming investment quite the reverse in fact, if any business wants to attract investment it does not deliberately put obstacles in place or even ignore offers, the board/trust may very well attempt to attract sponsorship but it seems to me they are actively opposing anyn other form of investment that would decrease their power base.
The sponsorship deals that have already been attained, while very very welcome, clearly are insufficient to keep a football club afloat especially if you consider the input of those not being paid for their services which other clubs have to pay for.
and then on to meetings, posing questions and elected officials, the average fan is not interested in meetings and voting and elected officials and here lies the real reasons behind our demise it is the elected officials who have orchestrated the gradual decline of Wrexham fc, it is the dependance upon ridiculous political protocol that is the real reason of decline, this club needs outward investment, it requires a ruthless business person overseing paid employees who if not good enough are dispensed with
Old 30th November 2019, 10.46:29   #54-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Maybe an option would be for a mass walkout during a home game. Buy your ticket so club doesn’t suffer financially but at an agreed time, anyone who wants to, walk out of the stadium. If board refuse to engage THEN stop paying to watch.
A mass walk out with media coverage........... grab the attention wouldn’t it?
Old 30th November 2019, 10.53:46   #55-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teifi Red View Post
Maybe an option would be for a mass walkout during a home game. Buy your ticket so club doesn’t suffer financially but at an agreed time, anyone who wants to, walk out of the stadium. If board refuse to engage THEN stop paying to watch.
A mass walk out with media coverage........... grab the attention wouldn’t it?
like it
Old 30th November 2019, 10.58:16   #56-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

well done teifi red, i would go for that
Old 30th November 2019, 11.06:39   #57-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Signed.
Old 30th November 2019, 17.09:02   #58-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Bump.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.08:29.