Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th November 2019, 08.09:06   #46-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sign the petition....

The anonymity of the people proposing the EGM probably put some off. We're always being advised by experts not to hand over details like the ones asked for (email/user name, membership number and date of birth) to random strangers on the internet. Useful info for hackers.
Or maybe some just worried we'd be swapping one clique for another.
Also a lot of people I've spoken to hadn't even heard of the EGM thing.

An online petition at change.org is possibly seen as a less problematic way of making your feelings known even if deep down there's no real expectation that it will do the trick.

I can't think of any other business where a customer's only way of getting improved service is to become involved with the organisation's internal politics. A few people I know have just voted with their feet instead (and feel sorry for the likes of me who keep attending).
All this is happening when there's a lot of mistrust towards politicians generally and a fair bit of election fatigue around.

It's not fair to say fans are apathetic. People just don't know how to to about getting genuine change. And there's a lot of toxicity around in general. Football used to be an escape from it. Now vitriol seems to be embedded in the club. It's just no fun anymore.
Old 30th November 2019, 08.30:12   #47-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dread View Post
The anonymity of the people proposing the EGM probably put some off. We're always being advised by experts not to hand over details like the ones asked for (email/user name, membership number and date of birth) to random strangers on the internet. Useful info for hackers.
Or maybe some just worried we'd be swapping one clique for another.
Also a lot of people I've spoken to hadn't even heard of the EGM thing.

An online petition at change.org is possibly seen as a less problematic way of making your feelings known even if deep down there's no real expectation that it will do the trick.

I can't think of any other business where a customer's only way of getting improved service is to become involved with the organisation's internal politics. A few people I know have just voted with their feet instead (and feel sorry for the likes of me who keep attending).
All this is happening when there's a lot of mistrust towards politicians generally and a fair bit of election fatigue around.

It's not fair to say fans are apathetic. People just don't know how to to about getting genuine change. And there's a lot of toxicity around in general. Football used to be an escape from it. Now vitriol seems to be embedded in the club. It's just no fun anymore.
You're right, fans aren't happy, they are not apathetic, and are desperate for something to turn around the fortunes of the club.

When someone stands up, and proposes an alternative way forward fans will have something to consider and maybe get behind.

Until that happens few will support removing the current set up with no realistic and workable alternatives prepared to take over.
Old 30th November 2019, 08.32:59   #48-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Signed
Old 30th November 2019, 08.43:37   #49-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

re. egm i can only vouch for myself and the people i know quite well who have made their feelings known, all people i know are dissatisfied with the trust run model, all of them myself included have decided to abstain from matches, only a couple knew about the egm, the majority did not even know that the trust/board have instigated stipulations or rules etc making it difficult to remove them without the bollocks of attending meetings and voting etc out of all these many people only two are trust members.
no one i know is prepared to stand up in a crowded room and denounce the board/trust with all eyes directed towards them, no one i know wants to be a member or to vote etc, they do all want to support Wrexham fc though.
We the fans have been stitched up, we supplied a group of people with the funds to, as we thought, save Wrexham fc, i know directors have put some personal money in and i dont know how much but i do know the bulk of the funds supplied to ensure the clubs survival came from ordinary football fans who trusted these people.
The powers that be have held a coup, they have taken control of the club and made a whole host of rules and regulations and made them legal making it nigh on impossible to remove them, they are no less than the bolsheviks in russia or castro in cuba and they have treated us supporters with contempt, they have thought that they could pull the wool over everyones eyes but there has been dissent and there are many who saw the cracks and problems developing and who voiced their concerns, only to be shot down and ridiculed, those of you supporters who have blindly given support to the board when bad decisions have been made are just as much to blame for our current predicament for it is you that gave the board the self belief of being all powerful,and those of you who shot down the dissenters and used emotional blackmail to silence the complainers you are as much to blame for our situation.
now look at us, everyone i talk to thinks we are down and out and unless something happens we are going down but you, the ones who have supported the inadequate board, where are you now, are you too embarrassed to admit you were wrong, for it is you who should be voting for an egm, you have assisted in the demise
Old 30th November 2019, 09.06:37   #50-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: M.R.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
So who is putting the money into Barrow,Solihull,Bromley,Harrogate,Dover,Boreham wood,Flyde to name a few.
you should do your research, most of the clubs mentioned above have assets attractive to an investor.... our club has nothing except its name. One could consider the fan base as an asset but it is deeply divided with some advocating not going to games... christ if supporters arn't prepared to pay £19 to see their club play and survive who on the outside is going to GIVE millions to the club for no financial return. if there was someone out there willing to put money into a football club any club they will do their research and know clubs like ourselves will welcome them with open arms, it doesn't need begging letter sending out!

the club is trying to attract outside investment and there have been a number of sponsorship deals recently, but sadly they haven't found a money tree...

sign the petition or not it a personal choice, in reality its not going to make a difference but may make the ones signing feel good about them selves, when in reality they can't be bothered to turn up at meetings, pose questions and put proper pressure on the elected officials....
Old 30th November 2019, 09.13:42   #51-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz Wxm View Post
you should do your research, most of the clubs mentioned above have assets attractive to an investor.... our club has nothing except its name. One could consider the fan base as an asset but it is deeply divided with some advocating not going to games... christ if supporters arn't prepared to pay £19 to see their club play and survive who on the outside is going to GIVE millions to the club for no financial return. if there was someone out there willing to put money into a football club any club they will do their research and know clubs like ourselves will welcome them with open arms, it doesn't need begging letter sending out!

the club is trying to attract outside investment and there have been a number of sponsorship deals recently, but sadly they haven't found a money tree...

sign the petition or not it a personal choice, in reality its not going to make a difference but may make the ones signing feel good about them selves, when in reality they can't be bothered to turn up at meetings, pose questions and put proper pressure on the elected officials....
A long term lease is an asset.

One's posed the question a few time s and more recently, still a noisey few vehemently against an investment or in this case a full sale.

Somebody has been touch with the WST looking into the mechanics of a buyout, I wonder why that hasn't leaked like everything else? No firm proposal as far as I'm aware has been put forward so far, so it can't be the NDA.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 30th November 2019 at 09.17:51..
Old 30th November 2019, 09.15:20   #52-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
You're right, fans aren't happy, they are not apathetic, and are desperate for something to turn around the fortunes of the club.

When someone stands up, and proposes an alternative way forward fans will have something to consider and maybe get behind.

Until that happens few will support removing the current set up with no realistic and workable alternatives prepared to take over.
How many people are suggesting ‘removing the current set up’? The EGM specifically WASN’T aimed at that. The call for ‘organisational change at board level’ (which again clearly stated they WEREN’T suggesting a complete replacement of board members) could have led to the people from the WST board currently shadowing club board members to take over their roles. I would assume these people are ‘realistic and workable alternatives’, otherwise it makes me wonder what the point of them shadowing is!!
Old 30th November 2019, 10.22:34   #53-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

to gaz-wxm i do not intend to insult or agravate anyone but the problems we are facing is the result of some points you have raised, for example; fans, as you say can not be bothered to pay £19, you are right, myself included, my own reasoning is that to attend matches is to endorse the trust/board which i feel i can not do but i also agree with other abstainers that the standard of football has steadily dropped and entertainment value is very low add to that our poor results and hence people are not going to part with money.
There is certainly no indication that the board/trust are welcoming investment quite the reverse in fact, if any business wants to attract investment it does not deliberately put obstacles in place or even ignore offers, the board/trust may very well attempt to attract sponsorship but it seems to me they are actively opposing anyn other form of investment that would decrease their power base.
The sponsorship deals that have already been attained, while very very welcome, clearly are insufficient to keep a football club afloat especially if you consider the input of those not being paid for their services which other clubs have to pay for.
and then on to meetings, posing questions and elected officials, the average fan is not interested in meetings and voting and elected officials and here lies the real reasons behind our demise it is the elected officials who have orchestrated the gradual decline of Wrexham fc, it is the dependance upon ridiculous political protocol that is the real reason of decline, this club needs outward investment, it requires a ruthless business person overseing paid employees who if not good enough are dispensed with
Old 30th November 2019, 10.46:29   #54-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Maybe an option would be for a mass walkout during a home game. Buy your ticket so club doesn’t suffer financially but at an agreed time, anyone who wants to, walk out of the stadium. If board refuse to engage THEN stop paying to watch.
A mass walk out with media coverage........... grab the attention wouldn’t it?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.57:47.