Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th November 2019, 16.49:21   #1-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Ownership or Leadership?

I like everyone else am absolutely gutted about the current position we are in...

It is is truly depressing as I cant seem to see a way out of the current position....

I am however concerned about the fact that quite a bit of discussion on here is about selling the club and blaming the Trust ownership model as being the core of the problem....

Equally there are those that seem to want to blame the existing Board - effectively the current Leadership whom it is clear have lost the trust of a significant majority of the fans....

For me the first is about money and the second is about the capability of people......The two might be intertwined - but it would seem that the best solution to move forward would be to find any genuine Leaders (as some have suggested Don was in the past) that would be be happy to commit the necessary time, effort and energy to Lead the club under the existing model.

Of course this means working for no payment (as things stand) and that the existing incumbents would stand aside and let these individuals take over.

Is there anyone who could filll such a position? Any Local business people such as Don who have the time and desire to fill this role?

If not we are left in a position where we will need to take the risk of 'selling' our club to an individual or group who will do so motivated by profit - and that means they will want to sell it on after they have sorted it out to someone else - or else there is no other way to get a pay back.

The sell the club option seems fraught with massive risk to me - mind you having said that the way things are it feels like we have noting left to lose!
Old 30th November 2019, 17.04:18   #2-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Rd

Default Re: Ownership or Leadership?

What have we now got left to lose. Our only asset is a long lease on a piece of so called prime real estate. However this asset becomes a millstone if we can't pay for it when we are relegated.
Old 30th November 2019, 17.10:07   #3-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

CosmicCol, aren’t you an ex-board member and mates with the top table? Will you still defend them when we are relegated?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 30th November 2019, 17.15:36   #4-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Behind You.

go in the name of god go
Old 30th November 2019, 17.22:39   #5-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL11 2AH View Post
CosmicCol, aren’t you an ex-board member and mates with the top table? Will you still defend them when we are relegated?
Posted via mobile theme
I don't know how you can see my post as defending anyone - it is merely stating the dilemma that we have got ourselves into
Old 30th November 2019, 17.22:46   #6-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Club needs to be put up for sale.

Its no longer a discussion point. There is no dilemma.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 30th November 2019, 17.23:51   #7-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS

I agree with most of your comments but where the current board have succeeded is in managing our finances and see that as their main objective. What that they have not been able to do is manage the business , in this case a football club. To do so we need a business leader or leaders and football leaders both on and off the pitch. I also firmly believe no business can be run by committee and the business leader and any one else involved in management must be accountable to a Chairman. I believe local business leaders with the clubs interests at heart do exist but the current board are not either recognising the need or are being protective of their own positions. I also believe outside investment is available should we invite such action. As fans of this once great football club all fans need to unite and do whatever is necessary to at least maintain our presence in our current league and hopefully build a business/football model that can be built upon in seasons to come. This includes our current boards, both club and trust, who I believe are all supporters of our club. If they have cannot perform they need to change. This is not a time for mass resignations without alternatives being planned or in place.
Old 30th November 2019, 17.34:45   #8-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Not far from draigwrecsam but not too close.

There is a further issue to be considered regarding the board of a fans owned club, the directors have no personal financial exposure to the club's fortune unlike a club's owner. It's like playing monopoly as opposed to buying property in the real world, it's not their money, if the club fails they personally won't suffer. That has to have an influence on their decisions and is where the personalities of the board are an important factor.

Additionally, and this is a generalisation but a valid one, a club owner is driven by an , ambition for the club, success for the club reflects well on him/ her and his/ her ego. I don't believe that a board of fans can share this ambition to the same degree.

There can be boards of fans owned clubs who are geared for success but Wrexham do not have one at present.
Old 30th November 2019, 17.37:17   #9-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCol View Post
Of course this means working for no payment (as things stand) and that the existing incumbents would stand aside and let these individuals take over.
Col, why do you think there's any chance of this happening? It was stated by board members at the recent meeting that they had all the knowledge required and they didn't need any new blood. John Mills said on Twitter last week (although he seems to have now deleted it) that he was jealous of future fans who'd see Wrexham back in the league and more successful than they'd ever previously been.

Do these sound like people ready to step aside?!
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.55:27.