Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th November 2019, 22.47:57   #31-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by draigwrecsam View Post
Is it possible that each manager(?) we've appointed has favoured a different style of play and inherited a squad who don't fit that style. They then recruit their own players while we struggle to play an unfamiliar formation with square pegs in round holes. Just as he gets a squad he likes, he quits or is fired. New manager different tactics, wrong squad and her we go again.
No. They have all played 433 and I would guess it’s Harris’ mate Darliola who is behind that nonsense.
Old 1st December 2019, 01.42:05   #32-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
red under the bed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Players

Youth policy is appalling....We haven't brought a youngster through and break into the first team for years....We need to be planning all this now for the drop into Vanarama North
Old 1st December 2019, 01.46:16   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
LlayDragon's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by red under the bed View Post
Youth policy is appalling....We haven't brought a youngster through and break into the first team for years....We need to be planning all this now for the drop into Vanarama North
Keates isn't interested in the youth, never has been.
__________________
All hail the mad banana!
Old 1st December 2019, 02.05:42   #34-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Paddock
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Players

I agree with the first post. The players need to stand and be counted. It is shocking and the position we found ourselves in is inexcusable
Old 1st December 2019, 08.00:31   #35-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Players

It’s been pointed out before with players laughing and joking on the way to the warm up. Especially at home we need those aggression levels through the roof. If we treat it like a kick about with mates we’ll continually get rolled over. I’m not saying don’t enjoy Wrexham but be professional, we need a Roy Keane mentality in there but seem like we’re closer to having Pogba’s.

Keates saying we’ve got no strikers, why aren’t Oswell and Mcintosh knocking Keates door down each Monday showing desire to play, challenging him? Which one of the senior players have pulled Hooper aside and berated him for taking the club for a ride.

We’ve got no structure off the pitch and no structure on it. I can accept off games and bad performances but to see an acceptance of failure I can’t. You don’t get to bottom of the league on bad luck and not taking chances.
Old 1st December 2019, 08.04:02   #36-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry52 View Post
It’s been pointed out before with players laughing and joking on the way to the warm up. Especially at home we need those aggression levels through the roof. If we treat it like a kick about with mates we’ll continually get rolled over. I’m not saying don’t enjoy Wrexham but be professional, we need a Roy Keane mentality in there but seem like we’re closer to having Pogba’s.

Keates saying we’ve got no strikers, why aren’t Oswell and Mcintosh knocking Keates door down each Monday showing desire to play, challenging him? Which one of the senior players have pulled Hooper aside and berated him for taking the club for a ride.

We’ve got no structure off the pitch and no structure on it. I can accept off games and bad performances but to see an acceptance of failure I can’t. You don’t get to bottom of the league on bad luck and not taking chances.

Brilliant post- agreed!
Old 1st December 2019, 08.37:02   #37-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre
Real Name: Paul Edwards
Twitter: @





Default Re: Players

Agree completely, players have got off lightly, notwithstanding the coaching must be appalling given our position, it’s no coincidence that since Keates /Davies arrived we’ve nose dived into the deep brown stuff.
I keep hearing we have talented players that should be turning our season, this hasn’t happened and not likely to happen.

For me to save his job Keates needs to sack his coaching staff and get some real footy coaches in ASAP.
Old 1st December 2019, 08.53:02   #38-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Prodigal Dragon's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Pearson is playing with an injury at the moment and it shows.

However, he’s downed tools under previous managers so you have to question him.
That is my opinion, too.

I am not privy to the internal politics at the Racecourse but the dynamics between Board, management and players is clearly unhealthy and not working.

Is Keates failing because the problems are too big to resolve with the budget available? Or is it because he lacks the necessary skills? I personally think it is a combination of both, and I am now sure we cannot improve our lot under Keates and the WST.

Regardless of this, we still have the slight issue of avoiding the drop. Without ridding ourselves of some of the dross we have brought in and kept, and replacing them with better quality players, it seems unlikely we will be able to muster the minimum of 30 points from the second-half of the season.

That is depressing and would be terminal. The WST Chairman must release a statement explaining how the WST will react to this totally unacceptable position that they have created. Put the club first!
__________________
UP THE TOWN! Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.... well, I have others. GROUCHO MARX

Last edited by Prodigal Dragon; 1st December 2019 at 08.54:56..
Old 1st December 2019, 09.17:41   #39-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub
 
sparky's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored
Real Name: It's not rocket science
Twitter: @





Default Re: Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post

That is depressing and would be terminal. The WST Chairman must release a statement explaining how the WST will react to this totally unacceptable position that they have created. Put the club first!
Again I ask, why? I wouldn't trust a single word any of the three wise men have to say. We've had a belly full of rhetoric, personally I wouldn't want my intelligence insulted and more, I imagine your the same.

As for the players, well what can you say? Although in fairness, it's been proven what they think of Davies and they must be sick to death of Darlington.
__________________
There are no tools you can use out there. You've just got to go with what you have in your pants.
Old 1st December 2019, 09.20:32   #40-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Quay Red's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
That is my opinion, too.

I am not privy to the internal politics at the Racecourse but the dynamics between Board, management and players is clearly unhealthy and not working.

Is Keates failing because the problems are too big to resolve with the budget available? Or is it because he lacks the necessary skills? I personally think it is a combination of both, and I am now sure we cannot improve our lot under Keates and the WST.

Regardless of this, we still have the slight issue of avoiding the drop. Without ridding ourselves of some of the dross we have brought in and kept, and replacing them with better quality players, it seems unlikely we will be able to muster the minimum of 30 points from the second-half of the season.

That is depressing and would be terminal. The WST Chairman must release a statement explaining how the WST will react to this totally unacceptable position that they have created. Put the club first!
Personally think the biggest mistake made was the return of Keates.
You can't get a new manager bounce with an Old manager, especially when he brought some of them in.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.10:07.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12