Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd December 2019, 08.00:43   #73-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Players

Just get rid. Jesus there's plenty of other coaches out there he's got to go today
Old 2nd December 2019, 08.38:58   #74-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry52 View Post
Does anyone know why they aren’t keen on Darlington? Is it because he’s an awful coach who doesn’t know what he’s doing or is it because he’s a really good coach who has everything planned out and the players want someone they can manipulate? Not saying he’s either or, just wondering which side of it it could be. I’ve gone to clubs before and the players hated me because I made them actually train.

We had a good spike of results when he was in charge temporarily. He is the constant from the last few years so he should take responsibility for it. Just seems bizarre how he’s built up a reputation in Welsh football and he’s out of his depth at National League level. Somethings not right somewhere.

Theres a one to many relationship here... One carl darlington and a shit ton of players in his time. They cant all be wrong surely.
Old 2nd December 2019, 08.46:11   #75-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: The Kop

Quote:
If the board want to stay they cannot get rid of Keates, it’s that simple. If they realise they’ve screwed up majorly I imagine they’ll walk first and whatever happens to the club after will decides Keates fate.

If Keates goes we need a new manager, board and backroom staff. There’s not a backbone in 99% of the players either so it would be nailed on relegation. The players won’t get us through despite this either. Jennings and Grant are quick enough to open their mouths to referees and the fans, but won’t demand effort from the coaching staff, fellow players or the board. Not a leader in sight I’m afraid.

Best hope we got I think is either a miraculous turn around on the field, bringing someone with experience to assist on the field, board resign and Keates manages to pull the squad together or everyone leaves and we just get lucky.
lucky is a term I have never associated with us
Old 2nd December 2019, 08.46:31   #76-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Does anyone know why they aren’t keen on Darlington? Is it because he’s an awful coach who doesn’t know what he’s doing or is it because he’s a really good coach who has everything planned out and the players want someone they can manipulate? Not saying he’s either or, just wondering which side of it it could be. I’ve gone to clubs before and the players hated me because I made them actually train.

We had a good spike of results when he was in charge temporarily. He is the constant from the last few years so he should take responsibility for it. Just seems bizarre how he’s built up a reputation in Welsh football and he’s out of his depth at National League level. Somethings not right somewhere.
Is this reputation a myth or real. What exactly is this reputation ? Where in the Welsh coaching hierarchy does he fit in.
Old 2nd December 2019, 08.53:08   #77-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by redone View Post
Just get rid. Jesus there's plenty of other coaches out there he's got to go today
I’m not defending him, I won’t be bothered if he got the sack or ‘decided to step down’ but I think there could potentially be a greater issue that hasn’t be revealed yet. Wasn’t there rumours Pearson didn’t see eye to eye with Flynn? Could player power be out of control and they need to step in line.

If I was Harris I’d get everyone in separately and ask for an honest diagnoses of what everyone thinks, which direction do we need to go in for an instant improvement. Surely when he worked in Kellogg’s and the sales were down he wouldn’t put it down to bad luck and accept mistakes. I’d imagine there’d be an investigation, meetings, come to a conclusion and see that it’s actioned. If not disciplinary procedures are opened and potential loss of employment.

Is it Darlington? Is it Keates? Are the players being unprofessional? Tactics, preparation, training. Someone should be held accountable and if no one is going to be held accountable Harris must be held accountable because it’s happening on his watch. It’s far too easy to release statements saying we aren’t happy but we’re trying hard and we need your support now more than ever. Get off the phone to Lionel Richies agent and fulfil your role to the club. Volunteer or not he accepted the responsibility.
Old 2nd December 2019, 09.05:36   #78-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:

From what I'm led to believe CD is not particularly well liked by the players as his input is limited to 1 or sometimes 2 days a week. It's interference.
He is apparently well respected in the Welsh Football system.
My thoughts are that at the level we are at, there is too much emphasis on the opposition and how to deal with them rather than setting up to cause them problems.
Keates has a plan A. For plan B refer to plan A but try harder.
This is a Keates philosophy and is confirmed in the clubs statement. Hard to beat is good but it's also difficult to win and puts undue pressure on the back 4 or 7.
Old 2nd December 2019, 16.35:27   #79-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Were the players training today? I have been passed the nine acre three times today and not seen anybody in attendance.
Old 2nd December 2019, 16.37:45   #80-0 (permalink)
WV1
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelltown View Post
Were the players training today? I have been passed the nine acre three times today and not seen anybody in attendance.
Gone down to Eastleigh today?
Old 2nd December 2019, 16.38:38   #81-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV1 View Post
Gone down to Eastleigh today?
Probably
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.55:26.