RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Do we deserve a statement? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115036-do-we-deserve-statement.html)

Hill st 1st December 2019 08.58:47

Statement

Isn’t it about time the board made a statement in reference to a positive way forward :31:.The silence is just making matters worse.

Wxm boy 1st December 2019 09.01:29

Re: Statement

What do you expect they are going to say??

Exciting times ahead.

Bugs 1st December 2019 09.01:48

They are totally useless, have been for years and fans have accepted it.

sparky 1st December 2019 09.02:58

Ffs.

joe 1st December 2019 09.03:49

All we’ll get is LOAN WATCH tomorrow.

LlayDragon 1st December 2019 09.12:50

No, as they can't be trusted.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 1st December 2019 09.26:52

Unless it contains offers of redignation
And absolute truth and transparency of alternatives.

There's not much point.

robiethered 1st December 2019 09.31:33

Statement.
WREXHAM AFC RIP

Phils-an-alki 1st December 2019 09.33:16

I think they should announce that they are going to arrange another flag day. It’s what’s we all want after all

Funny_Old_Game 1st December 2019 09.33:52

Stop creating threads. Please.

benwilliams 1st December 2019 09.37:48

As much as I think they are spineless and useless, any statement they would be likely to make would only make things worse so silence is golden in that regard.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Phils-an-alki 1st December 2019 09.38:44

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2323185]As much as I think they are spineless and useless, any statement they would be likely to make would only make things worse so silence is golden in that regard.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Not if they announce another flag day.

Halkynred 1st December 2019 09.41:04

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2323180]Stop creating threads. Please.[/QUOTE]

Why ?

Wenttoanderlechtin76 1st December 2019 09.45:43

Prats like John Mills are not capable of making a statement. What makes my piss boil is that he has sucked a lot of people on here in the past to thinking he was a big Wrexham fan and doing a great job. He should never have gotten on the board of Wrexham Fc because what's happening today was inevitable because him and the cereal bar kid have absolutely no idea on how a football team should be run or managed. Im afraid its too late now the damage is done and the club may never recover.

Red Light 1st December 2019 09.55:33

What statement do people think is going to be made ?
We lost again yesterday and went bottom of the league - nothing we don't all know.
Eastleigh's going to be interesting on Tuesday - the noose is getting tighter by the day for some.

Jenko 1st December 2019 09.59:17

Another thread started by Hill St ( Blues ??? ) and you lot fall for it ( Again ).

benwilliams 1st December 2019 10.00:51

The board of Wrexham AFC are as disappointed as anyone with our current league form which sees us sit bottom of the National League.

Dean, his coaching staff and the players are working hard to turn things around and can only do so with your full support.

#weareoneteam

ENDS

Would that make anyone feel better?

oswestryred 1st December 2019 10.10:58

Do we deserve a statement?

Sorry, already a thread

roy the rover 1st December 2019 10.14:31

What coaching staff.

Prodigal Dragon 1st December 2019 10.19:33

Re: Do we deserve a statement?

The WST and Club Boards should hold an emergency meeting tomorrow and agree an alternative approach to the one they have stuck to. They should then issue a statement indicating what those changes will be. That, IMHO, is essential.

If they merely issue an ‘it’ll all come good’ statement or no statement at all, then we WST members must force them out. Two of the directors need to stay in post to provide continuity, but the others must go, and we need a WST Chairman who has the support of the WST members, and who can rectify the damage done.

The WST and Club Board are supposed to be running a business professionally. It is not a ‘once a year charity bash’. They must be held accountable, and a statement should be part of that process.

LlayDragon 1st December 2019 10.22:57

Only if it's to state departures.

-luke 1st December 2019 10.30:49

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2323206]The board of Wrexham AFC are as disappointed as anyone with our current league form which sees us sit bottom of the National League.

Dean, his coaching staff and the players are working hard to turn things around and can only do so with your full support.

#weareoneteam

ENDS

Would that make anyone feel better?

Nope

Quay Red 1st December 2019 10.41:19

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2323213]The WST and Club Boards should hold an emergency meeting tomorrow and agree an alternative approach to the one they have stuck to. They should then issue a statement indicating what those changes will be. That, IMHO, is essential.

If they merely issue an ‘it’ll all come good’ statement or no statement at all, then we WST members must force them out. Two of the directors need to stay in post to provide continuity, but the others must go, and we need a WST Chairman who has the support of the WST members, and who can rectify the damage done.

The WST and Club Board are supposed to be running a business professionally. It is not a ‘once a year charity bash’. They must be held accountable, and a statement should be part of that process.[/QUOTE]

There is a danger of 1 out all out if the Trust board and Club board are as tightly aligned as some fans perceive.
We would then require an special meeting to appoint temporary replacements to organise the next phase.
Due process would have to follow with new applications for board positions, then a meeting organised to confirm elected members. The new board then to appoint a new club board who would have to learn from scratch and make instant pragmatic decisions.
Calls for heads to roll are understandable but the WST society / membership are still the club owners and I'm not sure we can afford a 2 month impasse before changes could be made.
Anyone willing to raise their heads above the parapet?

Wenttoanderlechtin76 1st December 2019 10.52:13

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2323224]There is a danger of 1 out all out if the Trust board and Club board are as tightly aligned as some fans perceive.
We would then require an special meeting to appoint temporary replacements to organise the next phase.
Due process would have to follow with new applications for board positions, then a meeting organised to confirm elected members. The new board then to appoint a new club board who would have to learn from scratch and make instant pragmatic decisions.
Calls for heads to roll are understandable but the WST society / membership are still the club owners and I'm not sure we can afford a 2 month impasse before changes could be made.
Anyone willing to raise their heads above the parapet?[/QUOTE]

We could put half a dozen mannequins around a table and things couldn't get any worse.

Haruki 1st December 2019 10.55:30

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2323224]There is a danger of 1 out all out if the Trust board and Club board are as tightly aligned as some fans perceive.
Anyone willing to raise their heads above the parapet?[/QUOTE]

Scaremongering right there Quay Red

Cartman 1st December 2019 10.56:26

They've had chance after chance but now it's too late.

The board's primary objective now should be to actively look for their replacements.

Quay Red 1st December 2019 11.00:45

[QUOTE=Haruki;2323230]Scaremongering right there Quay Red[/QUOTE]

I said, IF the boards are as tightly aligned as some make out. After all the trust board are accountable for electing the club board.
Might not be probable but certainly possible.
Even losing board members without having adequate and competent replacements could be problematic.

Birdy 1st December 2019 11.00:53

No because I don't believe a word they say and it would all be bs soundbites anyway, I just want them out of our club.

Quay Red 1st December 2019 11.03:37

[QUOTE=Cartman;2323231]They've had chance after chance but now it's too late.

The board's primary objective now should be to actively look for their replacements.[/QUOTE]

Which board?
Currently there's no one to replace as no one has stepped down.
The matter is not a simple one.

John Neals Dynasty 1st December 2019 11.08:56

Both boards are pretty much the same
QR get your head out of the sand if we go down and it is looking more likely every game then the club is finished

Keates should be gone with Davies and Darlington today

Striderman 1st December 2019 11.10:13

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2323236]Which board?
The matter is not a simple one.[/QUOTE]

Out of interest, do you think the point has been reached where 'Board' members should consider their positions and step down accordingly?

Woody 1st December 2019 11.16:58

I don't expect anything from the current board. The majority feel the current ownership model is not working. The problem is as fans we don't have access to information as to what other options are available. More than ever we need a respected voice to speak up and get everyone united. Someone such as Bryn Law

Quay Red 1st December 2019 11.18:01

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2323238]Both boards are pretty much the same
QR get your head out of the sand if we go down and it is looking more likely every game then the club is finished

Keates should be gone with Davies and Darlington today

Head not in sand JND. Just being realistic.
The club will never be finished, no matter what happens.
Saddens me to say that after the last few league games we are looking a lot worse than even I thought we would be under Keates and he should go.

Would be absolutely ridiculous to go down to NLN with £1 million plus sitting in the bank.
Get a decent manager!! Get some proper midfield players and a Striker in January.
Don't think DK is capable of that though.

Foxy 1st December 2019 11.21:25

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2323236]Which board?
The matter is not a simple one.[/QUOTE]

Some on the WST board could step down as they don’t need to be replaced in terms of running the club. Jones is a classic example of someone who has failed dismally and who has absolutely nothing to offer in his role. We would all be better off if he focussed solely on Wales.

Quay Red 1st December 2019 11.22:30

[QUOTE=Striderman;2323239]Out of interest, do you think the point has been reached where 'Board' members should consider their positions and step down accordingly?[/QUOTE]

Probably.
Appointing Keates was lazy and ill considered.
Hughes cut his own throat by not accepting the offer of a full time assistant.
We were actually starting to play better towards the end of his time and but for Dibble may have turned the corner at Fylde.
Flynn improved the side again a little but DK is a disaster. Board members should really think hard about their ability to rectify the situation.

sparky 1st December 2019 11.24:05

[QUOTE=Birdy;2323235]No because I don't believe a word they say and it would all be bs soundbites anyway, I just want them out of our club.[/QUOTE]

Basically this. They can't be trusted. I've no interest in anything they have to say. Actions needed now, not words.

Captain 1st December 2019 11.26:42

[QUOTE=Woody;2323243]I don't expect anything from the current board. The majority feel the current ownership model is not working. The problem is as fans we don't have access to information as to what other options are available. More than ever we need a respected voice to speak up and get everyone united. Someone such as Bryn Law[/QUOTE]

Bryn tweeted yesterday.....Great day at ER contrasts with the worst day in @Wrexham_AFC 150+ year history. So we chased all the rotten owners out just so we could do the job of killing the club ourselves

Woody 1st December 2019 11.31:33

[QUOTE=Captain;2323250]Bryn tweeted yesterday.....Great day at ER contrasts with the worst day in @Wrexham_AFC 150+ year history. So we chased all the rotten owners out just so we could do the job of killing the club ourselves[/QUOTE]

Well I guess he's got a point, I'm not on twitter but hopefully the guy will come up with a way forward, although until the current board does one nothings gonna change

Corner Flag 1st December 2019 11.49:36

[QUOTE=Bugs;2323156]They are totally useless, have been for years and fans have accepted it.[/QUOTE]

Managed decline my friend

Corner Flag 1st December 2019 11.51:35

[QUOTE=Foxy;2323246]Some on the WST board could step down as they don’t need to be replaced in terms of running the club. Jones is a classic example of someone who has failed dismally and who has absolutely nothing to offer in his role. We would all be better off if he focussed solely on Wales.[/QUOTE]

Apparently he does a good job of hosting the Bamfords pre dinner events .

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.42:56.