Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st December 2019, 22.21:05   #11-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
northwalian dragon's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Mentality Issue

Mentality at a football club comes from leadership

The appointment of Keates was mentally damaging for the pride of the football club. I can't think of a single example of a manager returning to a club following the way Keates left us.

The opportunity was there to get rid of Darlington, get a new management team in and push forward with the fans behind them. We knew Keates would get no honeymoon period, we knew fans would boycott because of Keates, we knew the football would be awful, we knew we wouldn't score many or excite fans.

The mentality of the club is piss poor and we need new faces on the board to kick Keates out of the club and get the fans back on board
Old 1st December 2019, 22.45:39   #12-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
dixienormous's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Mentality Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
Mentality at a football club comes from leadership

The appointment of Keates was mentally damaging for the pride of the football club. I can't think of a single example of a manager returning to a club following the way Keates left us.

The opportunity was there to get rid of Darlington, get a new management team in and push forward with the fans behind them. We knew Keates would get no honeymoon period, we knew fans would boycott because of Keates, we knew the football would be awful, we knew we wouldn't score many or excite fans.

The mentality of the club is piss poor and we need new faces on the board to kick Keates out of the club and get the fans back on board
Good post.
__________________
"We talk about it for twenty minutes and then we decide I was right." -Brian Clough
Old 1st December 2019, 23.19:45   #13-0 (permalink)
"It's Only A Game!"
 
draigwrecsam's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Chris
Twitter: @





Default Re: Mentality Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricey View Post
Pearson, yes. I find it hard to criticise him, as hes lost form due to carrying the team for 3 years. He needs some more leaders around him.

Sadly, Pearson is soldiering on while carrying an injury. I fully understand him "giving up" at times. Kennedy played well at Ebbsfleet so maybe it's time to rest Pearson and let him get fully fit for the Christmas/New Year period.
__________________
If your glass is half full, top it off; if it's half empty, get a smaller glass!

http://www.troubador.co.uk/book_info.asp?bookid=4920
Old 2nd December 2019, 11.55:00   #14-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Prodigal Dragon's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Mentality Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by draigwrecsam View Post
Sadly, Pearson is soldiering on while carrying an injury. I fully understand him "giving up" at times. Kennedy played well at Ebbsfleet so maybe it's time to rest Pearson and let him get fully fit for the Christmas/New Year period.
Agree. He will do himself a permanent injury, and is too slow whilst carrying it.

Give Pearson a break.

But we need a bully up front, and someone who can kick arse and play football in the woeful midfield.
__________________
UP THE TOWN! Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.... well, I have others. GROUCHO MARX
Old 2nd December 2019, 12.01:15   #15-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Mentality Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by draigwrecsam View Post
Sadly, Pearson is soldiering on while carrying an injury.
Is this fact or what you think he is doing?
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 2nd December 2019, 12.35:25   #16-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Is this fact or what you think he is doing?
Itís fact. Heís having injections to play.
Old 2nd December 2019, 12.37:34   #17-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Mentality Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Itís fact. Heís having injections to play.
Well that explains his form then. Not convinced we should be doing this with him, play Kennedy and Lawlor until he's fit again. Its not like his form means we can't do without him.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 2nd December 2019, 13.15:44   #18-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
northwalian dragon's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Mentality Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Agree. He will do himself a permanent injury, and is too slow whilst carrying it.

Give Pearson a break.

But we need a bully up front, and someone who can kick arse and play football in the woeful midfield.
Where's the injury? Is it in his throat? Seemed to have been carrying that injury for a while under Davies, Hughes and Barrow
Old 3rd December 2019, 03.27:18   #19-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: Ian Darlington
Twitter: @





Default Re: Mentality Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Itís fact. Heís having injections to play.
So we have an abundance of centre backs but use one who s injured and can only, supposedly, play with injections. Good management again if true.
Old 3rd December 2019, 07.59:25   #20-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Mentality Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Jennings is all mouth he would shit himself in a fight. Pearson is pretty hard but has clearly downed tools this season. All Hughes signing are lightweight, poor footballers or have attitude issues. What a gross waste of our money.
I disagree about Jennings. However he is on the decline like summerfield. Two years ago, they would have been amongst the conference best in their positions, but they are struggling now.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.31:21.
Powered by vBulletinģ & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12