Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd December 2019, 07.15:16   #100-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Club issue statement (Sunday eve)

The statement makes it sound that the problem only lies with the players and new players will be brought in in January to sort it out, but the team that has been picked for the last few games is almost the same team that made the payoffs, the only factor that is different is Keates yet the board still sound as if they believe if they give him more money he'll sort it out.
As much as I don't want to see three managers every season I think the only way out of this is for Keates to go and bring in someone who has a proven record of signing competent players or at least playing a system that will improve results.
Playing the same team every week and blindly expecting improvement smells of incompetence.
Even without signings surely playing someone like Kennedy in front of the back four, as Walker did last year, instead of Wright and playing Oswell up front who can compete with big defenders as got to be worth a try.
Old 2nd December 2019, 07.20:25   #101-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose jones View Post
Do you have a link to where they said that? I’m not saying they didn’t just interested in the context.
Definitely said by Spencer Harris in a recent radio interview.
Old 2nd December 2019, 07.24:51   #102-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Mac View Post
The statement makes it sound that the problem only lies with the players and new players will be brought in in January to sort it out, but the team that has been picked for the last few games is almost the same team that made the payoffs, the only factor that is different is Keates yet the board still sound as if they believe if they give him more money he'll sort it out.
As much as I don't want to see three managers every season I think the only way out of this is for Keates to go and bring in someone who has a proven record of signing competent players or at least playing a system that will improve results.
Playing the same team every week and blindly expecting improvement smells of incompetence.
Even without signings surely playing someone like Kennedy in front of the back four, as Walker did last year, instead of Wright and playing Oswell up front who can compete with big defenders as got to be worth a try.
I strongly agree with this as I believe that this was the original idea for Kennedy when he was first brought here, to cover an injured Walker but unfortunately at that time, we also lost our RB through injury and Kennedy had to be used there.

Agree with giving Oswell a run up front too, alongside Grant or A N Other as two upfront has to be the way to go.
Old 2nd December 2019, 07.25:30   #103-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

It’s a very worrying and desperate statement if they are just going to give more money to Keates to throw at it. I would have more confidence if they immeditEly dispensed with the services of Darliola and Andy Davies , and replaced them with an experienced assistant manager - Eddie Niedzwiecki would be a dream. Or failing that, if they merely promised an overhaul of the training regime - the players are clearly not sufficiently trained in systems, structures and fitness.

Perhaps the leader of the WST would like to comment on their statement and hold them to account , or then again perhaps not.
Old 2nd December 2019, 07.31:27   #104-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: i stand

Pointless statement. Basically panicking about protests or any threats so send message to try calm the situation down. So getting more players in will fix it. This is relying on keates tempting players to come to a team rooted to bottom of the league. No blame, request for help or mention of investment at board level.
Old 2nd December 2019, 07.34:28   #105-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

A 20% increase in playing budget is what, maybe £250K?

Against the backdrop of £1.875 million received from the Danny Ward money that's not a huge investment in getting promoted.
Old 2nd December 2019, 07.37:22   #106-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
This.

By the time January rolls around we will have, what 19 games left? 20? and we will need 30 + points.

How much will it cost to put a team together to be that good, that quickly, in January?
We need one decent target man and two decent midfielders. If I was Keates I would be trying to get Jay Harris here this week. Given the mess at Macclsfield that might be possible. Still dosne't solve the issue up front

Given that 20% rise in player budget do we have to wait till next year to see the actual accounts? I can't believe with whats on the pitch that's even possible.
Old 2nd December 2019, 07.43:01   #107-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

These are the board members who deserted our FA CUP replay with rochdale, and are asking for us to back the squad? Jokers
Old 2nd December 2019, 07.43:19   #108-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
We need one decent target man and two decent midfielders. If I was Keates I would be trying to get Jay Harris here this week. Given the mess at Macclsfield that might be possible. Still dosne't solve the issue up front

Given that 20% rise in player budget do we have to wait till next year to see the actual accounts? I can't believe with whats on the pitch that's even possible.
We need
1 CF
2 wingers
2 CM
2 full backs

All of whom must be good enough to play for a conference winning team. And be amazing from 1st january.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.18:58.