Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd December 2019, 22.12:11   #221-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Club issue statement (Sunday eve)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
Thats interesting can you say who is the pre opposition scout these days ?
Andykidby that you asked (page 19) was judging by his twitter though his profile has now changed and removed reference to Wrexham
Old 3rd December 2019, 10.35:13   #222-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKidby View Post
Instead of making claims left right and centre let's look at facts.
Brian Hughes got the club to the play offs, lost 1 0 from a worldy outside the box. He could not have hit that any better....
With the above in mind, why wouldn't a board back that Manager for forth coming season? His reasons for what he did with regards to scouting is a decision he made and for me what he felt where the right reasons. He backed himself, nothing wrong with that. I have the utmost respect for Brian and the decisions he made irrespective of the outcome.

My views are my own and like all are subjective but born out of facts as I have seen them.
The facts are that Hughes managed to finish 4th in a 3 horse title race!

We then bottled the play offs. Nobody with half a brain would have ever appointed him. It's one of the most bizarre decisions in the clubs history, and I struggle to think of a more bizarre appointment by any club.

How anyone can still defend it is beyond parody.
Old 3rd December 2019, 11.39:50   #223-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: On my backside usually
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Club issue statement (Sunday eve)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKidby View Post
Instead of making claims left right and centre let's look at facts.
Brian Hughes got the club to the play offs, lost 1 0 from a worldy outside the box. He could not have hit that any better....
With the above in mind, why wouldn't a board back that Manager for forth coming season? His reasons for what he did with regards to scouting is a decision he made and for me what he felt where the right reasons. He backed himself, nothing wrong with that. I have the utmost respect for Brian and the decisions he made irrespective of the outcome.

My views are my own and like all are subjective but born out of facts as I have seen them.
I will not knock you back if you are genuine poster, not a plant, and that is truly your opinion. We need all shades. I am always suspicious of a scenario where everyone totally agrees with everything.

My take is completely different. Not everyone agree with me but today a lot more do than when I first posted some years ago.
Old 3rd December 2019, 11.52:42   #224-0 (permalink)
Moderator
 
KingBuxton_Forever red's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)
Real Name: Stu
Twitter: @





Default Re: Club issue statement (Sunday eve)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxm boy View Post
The facts are that Hughes managed to finish 4th in a 3 horse title race!

We then bottled the play offs. Nobody with half a brain would have ever appointed him. It's one of the most bizarre decisions in the clubs history, and I struggle to think of a more bizarre appointment by any club.

How anyone can still defend it is beyond parody.
I dunno, Mike Newall was pretty odd.
Old 3rd December 2019, 12.14:20   #225-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Club issue statement (Sunday eve)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
I dunno, Mike Newall was pretty odd.
I'm not having a go here or bragging but unless my memory is playing tricks on me his appointment was generally well received on here, apart from me of course.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 3rd December 2019, 12.33:01   #226-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero
 
Wrexham's Patrick Bateman's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Club issue statement (Sunday eve)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
I dunno, Mike Newall was pretty odd.
They're obviously no more qualified to make football decisions than many on here. But they really seem to have lost the plot after, first being dazzled by Mills, with his I am this, I am that. Did I mention I used to play for Brian Clough.. Before he took them to the cleaners...
Then they started giving 3 year contracts to never been managers before,which has eventually got us to where we are today.
__________________
Always right... FACT
Old 3rd December 2019, 12.35:44   #227-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
John Neals Dynasty's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I'm not having a go here or bragging but unless my memory is playing tricks on me his appointment was generally well received on here, apart from me of course.
It wasn't by me I got attacked on here for saying he looked spaced out on the pre game kickabout, some by me said he looked drunk
Posted via mobile theme
Old 3rd December 2019, 12.43:11   #228-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Jaded's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Club issue statement (Sunday eve)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
I dunno, Mike Newall was pretty odd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I'm not having a go here or bragging but unless my memory is playing tricks on me his appointment was generally well received on here, apart from me of course.
Generally well received may be pushing it. He did have his fans, for some reason, but a LOT of people were expressing concern (in fairness, probably you loudest of all) in the below thread from p12 onwards.

New Assistant Manager - Mike Newell confirmed
Old 3rd December 2019, 12.46:55   #229-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale centre
Real Name: Chris Allen
Twitter: @





Lightbulb Re: Club issue statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
Never known anything like it. The manager changing constantly but the coach does not regardless.
Because we were all told at the last WST meeting by SH that all previous managers want him!!
Old 3rd December 2019, 12.50:07   #230-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I'm not having a go here or bragging but unless my memory is playing tricks on me his appointment was generally well received on here, apart from me of course.
His cv was better than Hughes'
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.31:10.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12