Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd December 2019, 15.51:27   #11-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
I believe it's been squandered by Hughes on rubbish but also that the board let this happen.
Who appointed Hughes though??

If he messed up, then it's on the board.

If you appoint the cleaning lady to do your accounts and she gets it wrong, then more fool you.
Old 2nd December 2019, 15.58:33   #12-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default Re: The 20% budget increase - True or False?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxm boy View Post
Who appointed Hughes though??

If he messed up, then it's on the board.

If you appoint the cleaning lady to do your accounts and she gets it wrong, then more fool you.
If you read my post I'm agreeing with you!
Old 2nd December 2019, 16.00:03   #13-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
If you read my post I'm agreeing with you!
Literally any post on here people presume you are sticking up for the board. They have long lost any supporters on here from what I can see.
Old 2nd December 2019, 16.23:45   #14-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
Literally any post on here people presume you are sticking up for the board. They have long lost any supporters on here from what I can see.
There's a bit of smoke and mirrors about the figures. Based on previous years
generally the budget was around £600k but because we were doing well under Rickets before Christmas 2018. additional funds were made available. Wasn't a figure of £100k quoted. (That in itself would mean an increase close to 17%)

It is not therefore unrealistic to increase the budget by 20% from a base of £600k to £720k given that the football fortune has been received.
Even if we were to apply the 20% to what we finally spent last season we are still going to be short of £1million.
Personally wouldn't trust DK with a Million pence.
Old 2nd December 2019, 16.39:57   #15-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
There's a bit of smoke and mirrors about the figures. Based on previous years
generally the budget was around £600k but because we were doing well under Rickets before Christmas 2018. additional funds were made available. Wasn't a figure of £100k quoted. (That in itself would mean an increase close to 17%)

It is not therefore unrealistic to increase the budget by 20% from a base of £600k to £720k given that the football fortune has been received.
Even if we were to apply the 20% to what we finally spent last season we are still going to be short of £1million.
Personally wouldn't trust DK with a Million pence.
So the rumoured £1.875million for Ward is mostly still stashed away for other purposes then?
Old 2nd December 2019, 17.26:39   #16-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
That one with the minnie mouse avatar called me a nobhead after assuming I'd made a pro board post!
Old 2nd December 2019, 17.31:22   #17-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
So the rumoured £1.875million for Ward is mostly still stashed away for other purposes then?
I would think a large proportion of the money is set aside for the future.
We are in the mire at present but can't afford to overspend as wherever we end up we need cashflow for the next couple of years.
Give a player an 18 month contract and 12 months of the money comes out of the second season budget. If it's a quality player, that can make a big hole in the budget before you start on the rest of the side.
Buy a player in January, Get relegated, player leaves as it's in his contract. Money down the drain.
Keates shouldn't be allowed near the money. He a poor one dimensional excuse for a manager.
Old 2nd December 2019, 17.42:29   #18-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
We are in the mire at present but can't afford to overspend as wherever we end up we need cashflow for the next couple of years.
Give a player an 18 month contract and 12 months of the money comes out of the second season budget. If it's a quality player, that can make a big hole in the budget before you start on the rest of the side.
Buy a player in January, Get relegated, player leaves as it's in his contract. Money down the drain.
Keates shouldn't be allowed near the money. He a poor one dimensional excuse for a manager.
But we will have overspent as actual attendance falls below break even - and it's getting worse.
And we've sacked Hughes and Flynn.
And we're overstaffed on the playing side.
And we're still recruiting.
And we'll be offloading (assuming anybody wants them).

This is going to be one very expensive season!!!
Old 2nd December 2019, 17.59:32   #19-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
I rather hope not - if we have the money we need to get players in that can keep us up and if that means breaking the bank then so be it.

We really can't afford to slip to the NLN.
Old 2nd December 2019, 18.55:19   #20-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Likely true, tried to make out they've done well to increase it 20%, while highlighting how they've allowed it to be p*ssed against the wall. We can supposedly trust them to ensure it won't happen again, but everyone throws they'll throw Keates under the bus.

Ricketts had us operating as a far more professional outfit and we find ourselves challenging. Then Hughes comes along, starts undoing it all, making us less professional and we're bottom, helped by someone not cut out to be a manager.

Mills did the exact same thing, good to see lessons have been learned.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 2nd December 2019 at 18.58:53..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.18:07.