Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th December 2019, 15.34:39   #10-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @

Default Re: Brilliabt summary of the Board's failings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose jones View Post
I’ve tried. But I’m morphined up and it really melted my brain.

I honestly don’t have some mega-retort that is going to kill the argument. Jaded makes some good points, it’s my personal belief that the board have made too many mistakes and we need a change.

It’s also my belief that this site is full of drama queens, that it stopped being a place for debate a while back.

I was a lurker who enjoyed reading this forum a lot, I used to laugh at posts, have my mind changed, get insight into football. Now it’s just relentless moaning and histrionics over everything the board do.

Yeah we’re shit. Yeah it’s no fun at all. But it’s much better than being dead.
I feel I have to answer two of your comments. When has RP stopped being a platform for debate? Even the many posts that 'slag off the board' are still producing debate. Otherwise it would be a pretty short thread.
And Drama Queens is a bit extreme. The majority of posters (admittedly there are some who take it too far) are rightly concerned about the current situation and are using this platform to voice it, as is the whole purpose of RP.
Yes, they should probably take the issues through the proper channels but when so many are rebuffed or ignored, you can see the frustration.

And for the second point. Do you think there may be any reasons WHY there are so many posts moaning about the Board and their decisions? There is never usually any smoke without fire.

Poor decision making by the Board as a collective (because that is effectively what they should be) has resulted in a decline on the playing side that may yet turn out to be irreversible. I for one am concerned about our current plight and although the players and management must also take responsibility, the ultimate buck stops with the Board.
Old 5th December 2019, 15.35:43   #11-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:

I honestly don’t have some mega-retort that is going to kill the argument. Jaded makes some good points, it’s my personal belief that the board have made too many mistakes and we need a change.

It’s also my belief that this site is full of drama queens, that it stopped being a place for debate a while back.

I was a lurker who enjoyed reading this forum a lot, I used to laugh at posts, have my mind changed, get insight into football. Now it’s just relentless moaning and histrionics over everything the board do.

And I thought lowering our expectations to merely avoiding relegation was bad enough!
Old 5th December 2019, 16.10:04   #12-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Default Re: Brilliant summary of the Board's failings.

In all fairness , the post Jaded was answering , was aimed at the ones who might protest noisily ,early on Saturday , disrupting the teams concentration !!

And I fully agreed with that sentiment !

As to Jaded's response , Cant argue with much of that ,so eloquently put !!
Old 5th December 2019, 16.29:29   #13-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

A good, concise summing up.
Old 5th December 2019, 16.49:01   #14-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

The morphine might explain some of the brain farts in here. I hope so. You started well but faded badly, a lot like the Strikers we sign here.
Your last sentence is straight out of the WST/Pete coaches one liners handbook.

Last edited by Phils-an-alki; 5th December 2019 at 16.50:09..
Old 5th December 2019, 16.50:58   #15-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
I

If anyone wants to discuss any of the points in the original post then we could HAVE a debate. As someone who’s been loudly pro fan-ownership for many years, believe me, I would love to have my mind changed about the competency levels of our current board!
Old 5th December 2019, 17.35:56   #16-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

I would say anyone who's still blinded by the community ownership bollocks are not supporters of Wrexham football club anymore, sorry you're not, just look at the football over the last seven years and look where we are now. Times up, and if you cared about the football club you'd get your head out of your ideological arses and realise what's important, move aside for god sake so we can all concentrate on the football club.

Last edited by dixienormous; 5th December 2019 at 17.38:21..
Old 5th December 2019, 18.06:52   #17-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
I would say anyone who's still blinded by the community ownership bollocks are not supporters of Wrexham football club anymore, sorry you're not, just look at the football over the last seven years and look where we are now. Times up, and if you cared about the football club you'd get your head out of your ideological arses and realise what's important, move aside for god sake so we can all concentrate on the football club.
good post
Old 5th December 2019, 18.50:38   #18-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
I don't think most folk are 'blinded' by it.

Personally I would love a rich benefactor(s) to step in and buy the club and would be more than happy to sell it.

Until then fan ownership is the only show in town for us 'supporters'.

I am not 'sticking up' for any of the two boards by the way - in my humble opinion they have made a number of mistakes recently and the communication in particular has been extremely poor.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.51:38.