Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th December 2019, 08.31:39   #28-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Brilliant summary of the Board's failings.

The structure we have is keeping the very people who have brought us to the brink of relegation to 6th tier (ffs) in power to continue wasting our revenue. Its easy to strut around and tell people to shut up in meetings when you are kept there by other peoples money.
Old 7th December 2019, 08.32:51   #29-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamandy View Post
Can we vote them out? (Which we wouldn’t be able to do in private ownership)

Interesting points made re better management if someone is protecting their own investment. I’m not so sure that would be the case in practice, mistakes will still be made, although I take the point if you have skin in the game the stakes will be higher on your decisions, though also conversely you just end up adding another area of risk there of decisions being made to protect the investment and not for the long term good of the football club.

Just my views. At least we all agree the management should change
We can vote them out, but there are two issues here for me - can it be done in time? And is there anything to stop them immediately being co-opted back onto the board? (I know people have said they’re sure this wouldn’t happen; at one point I believed this. However, I also believed motions passed at AGMs would be adhered to promptly, so I currently have trust issues!)
Old 7th December 2019, 08.52:23   #30-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
Nobody using their own money would of let the mistakes happen year on year FACT!
So it's a FACT, that nobody has lost a load of own or their company's money, trying to run a football club, with a number of unsuccessful managerial appointments.
Old 7th December 2019, 08.53:00   #31-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

I just want a decent football team to support, a team to get us out of this league to where we belong. Generally, under this current structure it hasn't worked and it's time for a change. It shouldn't be personal, but the boards reluctance to even acknowledge mistakes never mind changing anything is creating the toxic atmosphere we find ourselves in.

Most just want a football team to be proud of, and it hasnt happened and certainly doesn't look like happening under this regime.

It feels like a certain few are playing with the passion of thousands.

Last edited by dixienormous; 7th December 2019 at 08.54:42..
Old 7th December 2019, 09.22:59   #32-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Theirs only 2 possible ways that the boards would do what should of happened last January is (1) be relegated (2) A similar thing to what happened with FC United the courts.

Protests won't achieve anything the boards and their worshippers (clappers) have skin like Rhinos

A 3r option of course is to stay away from the club, but that would probably be the final nail if it continues to drop.

The begging bowls will be out next Summer for Keates the man who misspent our last build the budget and walked out on the club who gave him his opportunity to bore us to death at a vital end of season.

Home club or not he showed his lack of loyalty and since taking them down he hung around our club like a bad smell.

No other club in any league would of took a manager who did this back with relegation his only managerial achievement.

It's took him how many games to realise we need two forwards upfront and not a lone striker who is outmuscled and an attacking midfielder with no pace?

Still during the game I will get behind the team protesting during the game is pointless unless being thrashed which is a small possibility.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 7th December 2019, 09.33:17   #33-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Theirs only 2 possible ways that the boards would do what should of happened last January is (1) be relegated (2) A similar thing to what happened with FC United the courts.

Protests won't achieve anything the boards and their worshippers (clappers) have skin like Rhinos

A 3r option of course is to stay away from the club, but that would probably be the final nail if it continues to drop.

The begging bowls will be out next Summer for Keates the man who misspent our last build the budget and walked out on the club who gave him his opportunity to bore us to death at a vital end of season.

Home club or not he showed his lack of loyalty and since taking them down he hung around our club like a bad smell.

No other club in any league would of took a manager who did this back with relegation his only managerial achievement.

It's took him how many games to realise we need two forwards upfront and not a lone striker who is outmuscled and an attacking midfielder with no pace?

Still during the game I will get behind the team protesting during the game is pointless unless being thrashed which is a small possibility.
Posted via mobile theme
I'm not sure many supporters 'worship' the board. I'm sure many like me are just supportive of fan ownership for our club in the absence of a rich benefactor(s).

I agree that significant mistakes have been made both on and off the pitch, particularly around communication with the fans. I also believe that, perhaps, it is time that a managed change over of board leadership should be considered.
Old 7th December 2019, 09.54:01   #34-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorporix View Post
I'm not sure many supporters 'worship' the board. I'm sure many like me are just supportive of fan ownership for our club in the absence of a rich benefactor(s).

I agree that significant mistakes have been made both on and off the pitch, particularly around communication with the fans. I also believe that, perhaps, it is time that a managed change over of board leadership should be considered.
I don’t think that many ‘worship’ the board but there are a significant number of people who are vocal in their attacks on anyone who criticises them, yet far quieter when they’re asked actual questions about the current situation.
Old 7th December 2019, 10.37:12   #35-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorporix View Post

I don’t disagree with what you say I was OTT with the word worship what I really meant was it don't matter how many continual mistakes are made some fans think their is no better alternative than them, which is sad as they have wasted a lot of the club's money with bad decisions after bad decisions, in any other business they would of got P45 in a paid position.

I also agree with Jaded again those individuals go quiet when things are bad, but one win against a midtable side and out they pop with their board support.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 7th December 2019 at 10.40:03..
Old 7th December 2019, 11.45:00   #36-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
We can vote them out, but there are two issues here for me - can it be done in time? And is there anything to stop them immediately being co-opted back onto the board? (I know people have said they’re sure this wouldn’t happen; at one point I believed this. However, I also believed motions passed at AGMs would be adhered to promptly, so I currently have trust issues!)
Those 2 issues have been at the heart of my posts for some weeks.

Meaningful changes to the board, constitution or selling up are currently not runners for these reasons.

The only immediate recourse is to hit he pocket but even that will not produce a satisfactory end result.

We keep going round in circles because the ownership vehicle allegedly created to involve fans has cemented a small minority of fans into a position where effectively they can ignore the rest of us.

Many fans, even, those saying they want a sale, could probably be prepared live with a well run properly democratic fans owned club but the supporters direct model has been tried and failed.

The "lock" on the club they advised is very effective and might well prove more deadly than anything the asset strippers have done to us.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.40:49.