RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Brilliant summary of the Board's failings. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115060-brilliant-summary-boards-failings.html)

TomWFC 4th December 2019 22.11:33

Brilliant summary of the Board's failings.

I'll probably get stick for starting a thread like this, but I felt this message from Jaded was just too brilliantly put to not get a larger audience and get lost within another thread:

By ‘drama queens’ do you mean people who want us to survive in this league? People who are fed up of the abysmal way the DSA have been treated? People who’d like the WST to be democratic in practice as well as in theory, and think that motions passed should be acted on quickly? People who’d like the club to be run by those who accepted the seriousness of our situation quickly, rather than boast as one director did 2 weeks ago that they were jealous of the future fans who’d see Wrexham be more successful in the league than ever before?

Do you mean people who want communications to be fixed so that we’re told news as and when it happens rather than having things saved for when the board need a ‘good news day’? And, related, people who want things that should be confidential to ACTUALLY be confidential rather than leaking like a sieve.

How about people wanting a board who would question the ability of a coach who’s been here for several years without ever actually improving a player? Or a board who wouldn’t let a rookie manager completely shut down our scouting of players? Or a board who would listen to and take on board constructive criticism, rather than ban fans from message boards, let people heckling questioners at meetings go unchallenged, and completely ignore an email from the Trust’s founding chairman with some excellent advice and questions in?

Do you mean people who are concerned about the thousands lost from the attendance since the start of the season, in far greater numbers than any recent previous season? Are all of these people with their concerns ‘drama queens’?

Hope Jaded doesn't mind me doing this, but the whole situation has made me so frustrated and this post perfectly reflects what I'm thinking and feeling.

So come on then, to all those supporting the board or to those who ridicule fans' legitimate concerns - what's your response to this? Where's your defence of the board now? Any points to counter the above?

I'm intrigued to see what response this gets, because to me it's a proper *mic drop* moment which puts those defending the club firmly in their place.

Colonel D 5th December 2019 06.39:21

Re: Brilliabt summary of the Board's failings.

I’d put this wish list in your letter to Santa and see what happens !

sparky 5th December 2019 06.49:00

One of many quality posts from Jaded recently, the lad is on fire and is tearing the villagers to pieces.

Haruki 5th December 2019 07.13:22

[QUOTE=sparky;2324857]One of many quality posts from Jaded recently, the lad is on fire and is tearing the villagers to pieces.[/QUOTE]

Jaded and Northwalian Dragon have head and shoulders been the best posters on here recently

eastsussexred 5th December 2019 09.40:33

[QUOTE=TomWFC;2324846]I'll probably get stick for starting a thread like this, but I felt this message from Jaded was just too brilliantly put to not get a larger audience and get lost within another thread:

By ‘drama queens’ do you mean people who want us to survive in this league? People who are fed up of the abysmal way the DSA have been treated? People who’d like the WST to be democratic in practice as well as in theory, and think that motions passed should be acted on quickly? People who’d like the club to be run by those who accepted the seriousness of our situation quickly, rather than boast as one director did 2 weeks ago that they were jealous of the future fans who’d see Wrexham be more successful in the league than ever before?

Do you mean people who want communications to be fixed so that we’re told news as and when it happens rather than having things saved for when the board need a ‘good news day’? And, related, people who want things that should be confidential to ACTUALLY be confidential rather than leaking like a sieve.

How about people wanting a board who would question the ability of a coach who’s been here for several years without ever actually improving a player? Or a board who wouldn’t let a rookie manager completely shut down our scouting of players? Or a board who would listen to and take on board constructive criticism, rather than ban fans from message boards, let people heckling questioners at meetings go unchallenged, and completely ignore an email from the Trust’s founding chairman with some excellent advice and questions in?

Do you mean people who are concerned about the thousands lost from the attendance since the start of the season, in far greater numbers than any recent previous season? Are all of these people with their concerns ‘drama queens’?

Hope Jaded doesn't mind me doing this, but the whole situation has made me so frustrated and this post perfectly reflects what I'm thinking and feeling.

So come on then, to all those supporting the board or to those who ridicule fans' legitimate concerns - what's your response to this? Where's your defence of the board now? Any points to counter the above?

I'm intrigued to see what response this gets, because to me it's a proper *mic drop* moment which puts those defending the club firmly in their place.[/QUOTE]

I think that some people are just so ideologically driven by the idea of a community run club that they would never be able to accept its failings. It is not really surprising, and seems a common issue amongst fan owned clubs that the fan base often fractures. Sad times for WAFC

eosceiriog 5th December 2019 10.41:05

[QUOTE=eastsussexred;2324917]I think that some people are just so ideologically driven by the idea of a community run club that they would never be able to accept its failings. It is not really surprising, and seems a common issue amongst fan owned clubs that the fan base often fractures. Sad times for WAFC[/QUOTE]

The second best post this week!!! An excellent summary.

Phils-an-alki 5th December 2019 12.26:21

Still no answer to any of Jaded's post from the diehard villagers. I wonder why?

Ooh aah Paskin 5th December 2019 12.30:59

Can we have Jaded on the Board please?

jose jones 5th December 2019 14.21:00

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2324992]Still no answer to any of Jaded's post from the diehard villagers. I wonder why?[/QUOTE]

I’ve tried. But I’m morphined up and it really melted my brain.

I honestly don’t have some mega-retort that is going to kill the argument. Jaded makes some good points, it’s my personal belief that the board have made too many mistakes and we need a change.

It’s also my belief that this site is full of drama queens, that it stopped being a place for debate a while back.

I was a lurker who enjoyed reading this forum a lot, I used to laugh at posts, have my mind changed, get insight into football. Now it’s just relentless moaning and histrionics over everything the board do.

Yeah we’re shit. Yeah it’s no fun at all. But it’s much better than being dead.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.07:02.