Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th December 2019, 18.18:39   #73-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Extra security drafted in for today

Quote:
Originally Posted by draigwrecsam View Post
Since the WST Board "appoints" the WAFC Board, voting people off the WST board will not guarantee that they will not be on the WAFC Board.

We need to bring back the motion, which failed last year, calling for WAFC Board members to be elected by the members!
I proposed a motion that wasn't passed three years ago where by the WST board nominate board members and WST membership vote to approve those nominations as a power of veto if you like.
The WST board opposed my resolution and urged the members to vote against it which was short sighted of them as the members approval would have given the FC board a mandate directly from the people they serve adding democracy.
Old 8th December 2019, 23.30:38   #74-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
As far as sorting the WST board out in the summer goes, which board members are up for re-election?
Didn't someone stay on the board despite not getting reelected
Old 9th December 2019, 02.55:17   #75-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: I wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraigoch View Post
Sammy, just thought I'd mention that we have been bottom of the league and could be there again come 5pm. We are in real danger of going into the Vanarama North and probably oblivion. I have never protested against anything and dont intend to start now but understand the frustration of fans who feel really passionately about the club. I wonder what bringing in the heavies will do? End up beating a 70 year old pensioner like happened previously.
How low do you want the club to stoop?
On this basis what protests are occurring at Chesterfield, Chorley and Ebbsfleet

Did York, Chester, Stockport, Torquay, Hereford and Darlington have similar issues when relegated?
Oh and those mentioned above are still in business despite being in the league below...some Wrexham fans seem to have a very low opinion of the clubs ability to survive an adverse season...surely we would not fold …. non of the above appear to have had a fatal experience …. need to toughen up!
Supporters will support their team in times of need. Voice opinions by all means, but RP appears to be a place for whingers and juvenile rhetoric who it seems after Saturdays non event are in the minority.
Old 9th December 2019, 09.56:08   #76-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
Sounds like a plan, we needs fans with management experience and with time to commit to the job.
Probably someone retired, recently retired so they are still have the work ethic and are up to date with current law and technology.
Possibly, but I also feel that younger heads may be worth a shout if they have the free time to commit to it. When I say younger I mean 30's 40's, those who have had a good experience in working and decision making.
We need people who are proactive, determined and confident..whatever their age.
Old 9th December 2019, 10.03:28   #77-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy red View Post
On this basis what protests are occurring at Chesterfield, Chorley and Ebbsfleet

Did York, Chester, Stockport, Torquay, Hereford and Darlington have similar issues when relegated?
Oh and those mentioned above are still in business despite being in the league below...some Wrexham fans seem to have a very low opinion of the clubs ability to survive an adverse season...surely we would not fold …. non of the above appear to have had a fatal experience …. need to toughen up!
Supporters will support their team in times of need. Voice opinions by all means, but RP appears to be a place for whingers and juvenile rhetoric who it seems after Saturdays non event are in the minority.
Maybe we have concerns about survival if we get relegated because of who will still be making the decisions.
Its pretty much as a result of several decisions over the past few years that has seen us slump to this low.
Hereford and Darlington started again when relegated so it was a clean sweep. And I would say going out of business was a pretty fatal experience.
Chester pretty much have the relegation/promotion yoyo down to a tee, so it is the status quo.
I would hope we would be similar to the others but I have no idea what their ownership model is. If they have'had private owners who were willing to keep putting money in they would stand a better chance of survival than us who effectively rely on football income, and I am sure our gates would suffer if we were to be relegated.

Of course, its all opinion and guesswork as we have never been in that situation before.
Old 9th December 2019, 10.07:28   #78-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:

we have survived a dozen such seasons in a row.
Old 9th December 2019, 10.59:29   #79-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
Maybe we have concerns about survival if we get relegated because of who will still be making the decisions.
Its pretty much as a result of several decisions over the past few years that has seen us slump to this low.
Hereford and Darlington started again when relegated so it was a clean sweep. And I would say going out of business was a pretty fatal experience.
Chester pretty much have the relegation/promotion yoyo down to a tee, so it is the status quo.
I would hope we would be similar to the others but I have no idea what their ownership model is. If they have'had private owners who were willing to keep putting money in they would stand a better chance of survival than us who effectively rely on football income, and I am sure our gates would suffer if we were to be relegated.

Of course, its all opinion and guesswork as we have never been in that situation before.
Yes, by OR’s examples, you could say we have a 1 in 3 chance of folding if we go down - not sure I want to risk those odds!

OR, your last sentence gave me a real feeling of deja vu - I’m sure I remember you saying similar things to those of us who criticised Moss!
Old 9th December 2019, 11.24:26   #80-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
Sounds like a plan, we needs fans with management experience and with time to commit to the job.
Probably someone retired, recently retired so they are still have the work ethic and are up to date with current law and technology.
Busted.
Old 9th December 2019, 12.23:13   #81-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

Couldn't care less what's happening at other clubs. Ebbsfleet and Chorley were among favourites for relegation at the start of the season so would have been preparing for a struggle. Do you honestly think we are comparable to these clubs?

And as for Chesterfield, in the last season and a half they've had fans invading the pitch during games, fans fighting among themselves, and fans fighting both their own players and players from the opposition. So yes they are in an even bigger meltdown than we are, and with good reason.

You seem to have very little grasp on reality, particularly when it comes to namedropping the likes of Hereford and Darlington which only render your point null and void.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.33:42.