Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th December 2019, 09.45:27   #46-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sack the protestors

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz View Post
Au contraire, I’ve spent enough time on various online communities about the club to know how hard it is to get to talk about community issues when some want to talk about first team issues only. I can only spend so much time talking about how the platform issue has got extra traction while the team’s form has been bad, because it’s obvious. The platform has been an issue for about two years that I’ve been aware of. And that’s not to belittle the issue; if you’d read my “propaganda piece” then you’ll know that I actually criticise the club for this, its desertion of the Inclusion FC, the lack of a meaningful football policy and a lack of openness over the Ricketts/Barrow/Hughes turnaround. And with no comment on Scottish football, which I have absolutely no interest in. Now don’t be a silly sod and concentrate on what people are saying rather than what you think is behind their words, it’s clearly not your strong point.
So again, you're wrong as we've had threads on the issue with DSA members giving what info they can, including in threads with little relation to the matter. The search functions your friend.

How come you haven't penned previously on the matter then, as you says it's a two year long issue?

Also care to answer my question, it's not about scottish football per se, try and do it with out being so patronising.

Yet all you do on RP is conveniently forget those issues while taking dig after dig at people.
Old 8th December 2019, 09.46:09   #47-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
I m not getting into a detailed argument over this, because I don't have sufficient knowledge, but I do think it is unreasonably being used as a stick to beat the board.
Thanks Vambo. I probably also don't have sufficient knowledge, but am confident in the trustworthiness of those who do. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect motions to be acted on to their fullest, but I do appreciate that issues can arise - however, if this is the case, better communications than we seem to be getting would help.

Quote:
Stuff like the issue over the platform is a stain on the club but you weren’t hearing people talking about it when the team was in the playoffs.
Agree with Baz here to an extent - there's certainly a lot more noise now than there was when the team were flying high. I genuinely think that's partly because the issues with the platform have become more talked about, partly as a result of the other problems between the DSA and the board. However, I appreciate that a low league position amplifies people's concerns about the club in general, and that some (clearly not all people) are potentially talking about things like this while they're actually more concerned about our league position.

Baz, is that Shag Mag piece online anywhere? Or if it's a paper fanzine only (sorry, I've only vaguely heard of it!) do you know if there'll be a way of getting hold of it at the Boxing Day game? Sounds like an interesting read!
Old 8th December 2019, 10.07:48   #48-0 (permalink)
baz
Legend

Racecourse Spot: In your seat, five minutes before you turn up and tell me to move

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
So again, you're wrong as we've had threads on the issue with DSA members giving what info they can, including in threads with little relation to the matter. The search functions your friend.

How come you haven't penned previously on the matter then, as you says it's a two year long issue?

Also care to answer my question, it's not about scottish football per se, try and do it with out being so patronising.

Yet all you do on RP is conveniently forget those issues while taking dig after dig at people.
There is more traction about this now, even as recently as the summer there was no mention of this at the AGM via any motions, but has been used in the EGM process. Outside the hard working DSA there may have been some discussion but only now is there action. I think I know why this is; feel free to disagree but I think it’s obvious. I haven’t penned on here about it because I wasn’t on here. I’m not sure what I have “conveniently forgotten” about - I’ve written rather a lot of words over this struggle lately.

The Celtic thing is an irrelevance to me. I don’t follow them, or any team up there. People who do follow them must do what they like but they don’t speak for me. I didn’t go to Ibrox so I don’t know what it was like or who was in the middle of it. This is very much a side issue; I have zero interest in it and no knowledge of why it’s a small part of Wrexham FC.

Now that I’ve responded to your (actually quite patronising) request to a rather pointless question about Celtic, perhaps you can deal with my request - play the ball and not the man and deal with my points about the lack of focus in those protesting or just let it slide.
Old 8th December 2019, 10.09:40   #49-0 (permalink)
baz
Legend

Racecourse Spot: In your seat, five minutes before you turn up and tell me to move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Thanks Vambo. I probably also don't have sufficient knowledge, but am confident in the trustworthiness of those who do. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect motions to be acted on to their fullest, but I do appreciate that issues can arise - however, if this is the case, better communications than we seem to be getting would help.

Agree with Baz here to an extent - there's certainly a lot more noise now than there was when the team were flying high. I genuinely think that's partly because the issues with the platform have become more talked about, partly as a result of the other problems between the DSA and the board. However, I appreciate that a low league position amplifies people's concerns about the club in general, and that some (clearly not all people) are potentially talking about things like this while they're actually more concerned about our league position.

Baz, is that Shag Mag piece online anywhere? Or if it's a paper fanzine only (sorry, I've only vaguely heard of it!) do you know if there'll be a way of getting hold of it at the Boxing Day game? Sounds like an interesting read!
I think it’s paper only. I got mine at the spot near the programme seller by the speed camera. I believe he’ll send them in the post too.
Old 8th December 2019, 10.13:39   #50-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
There is more traction about this now, even as recently as the summer there was no mention of this at the AGM via any motions, but has been used in the EGM process. Outside the hard working DSA there may have been some discussion but only now is there action. I think I know why this is; feel free to disagree but I think it’s obvious. I haven’t penned on here about it because I wasn’t on here. I’m not sure what I have “conveniently forgotten” about - I’ve written rather a lot of words over this struggle lately.

The Celtic thing is an irrelevance to me. I don’t follow them, or any team up there. People who do follow them must do what they like but they don’t speak for me. I didn’t go to Ibrox so I don’t know what it was like or who was in the middle of it. This is very much a side issue; I have zero interest in it and no knowledge of why it’s a small part of Wrexham FC.

Now that I’ve responded to your (actually quite patronising) request to a rather pointless question about Celtic, perhaps you can deal with my request - play the ball and not the man and deal with my points about the lack of focus in those protesting or just let it slide.
You haven't answered my question at all. Interesting you've been patting yourself on the back about a peice you've penned for shag mag. Its editor labelled what happened that day as 'magic', yet you speak out against it. I'm surprised you'd want to be associated, the irony is being missed by yourself right their. It points to me as being another propaganda piece by a staunch WST supporter, who doesn't really care where his words are published as long as they are.

By penning I mean in a fanzine, plus action was taken as people wrote to the boards to ask what was going on.

You've forgotten, welcoming Moss & Duckens with open arms, backing the splitting of assets and then the building of flats on a premise of all profits being invested into the club. This without it actually being written on paper, but as you keep saying, they're trying their best. Will you be writting anything on the above?

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 8th December 2019 at 10.18:22..
Old 8th December 2019, 10.17:23   #51-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
I think it’s paper only. I got mine at the spot near the programme seller by the speed camera. I believe he’ll send them in the post too.
Cheers Baz, will keep an eye out!
Old 8th December 2019, 10.23:14   #52-0 (permalink)
baz
Legend

Quote:
You haven't answered my question at all.

By penning I mean in a fanzine, plus action was taken as people wrote to the boards to ask what was going on.

You've forgotten, welcoming Moss & Duckens with open arms, backing the splitting of assets and then the building of flats on a premise of all profits being invested into the club. This without it actually being written on paper, but as you keep saying, they're trying their best. Will you be writting anything on the above?
There hasn’t been a paper fanzine to write in for years that I’ve been aware of. I’d like to respond to your last paragraph but I don’t know what you’re talking about, other than it looks like some classic whataboutery. If it’s a criticism of the Trust board (in which case I’d say it’s a touch misguided to throw the actions of Moss on them) then I’d say I’ve already written about the actions they’ve got wrong, literally in an article published yesterday.
Old 8th December 2019, 10.31:09   #53-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
There hasn’t been a paper fanzine to write in for years that I’ve been aware of. I’d like to respond to your last paragraph but I don’t know what you’re talking about, other than it looks like some classic whataboutery. If it’s a criticism of the Trust board (in which case I’d say it’s a touch misguided to throw the actions of Moss on them) then I’d say I’ve already written about the actions they’ve got wrong, literally in an article published yesterday.
Again you won't answer, how can you back the splitting of assets on the premise of investing all profits into the club on a verbal agreement? Nothing was written on paper and a shrewd businessmen like Moss wouldn't have believed he luck. This is why we got nothing, pointless the WST whinging when they've been accidentally complicit.

Then again we can blame it as being ' a learning process'.
Old 8th December 2019, 10.35:36   #54-0 (permalink)
baz
Legend

Quote:
Again you won't answer, how can you back the splitting of assets on the premise of investing all profits into the club on a verbal agreement? Nothing was written on paper and a shrewd businessmen like Moss wouldn't have believed he luck. This is why we got nothing, pointless the WST whinging when they've been accidentally complicit.

Then again we can blame it as being ' a learning process'.
I haven’t backed this anywhere. Are you confusing me with someone else? I appreciate I didn’t talk about this in the fanzine article but bloody hell it was long enough without adding actions that took place before WST even owned the club.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.45:10.