Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th December 2019, 11.10:42   #55-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @

Default Re: Can we gain promotion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexile View Post
From dead beats to dead certs in a week... only at Wrexham.

I applaud the change in formation and the upturn in form, it was refreshing to see that the team had discovered some fight and remembered how to do the basics required of them.

Patrick’s been a breath of fresh air.... a godsend for Keates and the board. Hopefully it may even inspire Hooper and Redmond etc to join the promotion party?

I’m guessing we’ll finish 12th and it will be seen as a sort of triumph to some.
At this point i'd be happy with 12th!
Shows how low we have sunk...
Old 9th December 2019, 11.28:19   #56-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Kop end of Yale stand
Twitter: @kensdavies

Firstly

It is extremely unlikely

The minimum points total to get in the playoffs since it moved to 7th place is 73

That would require 48 points from the last 21 games - bear in mind Barrow - three points clear at the top - have only managed 47 points from 24 games - we re getting better but we're not running away with the league quality

Secondly

Apologies but this is a personal bugbear of mine - it drives me made when people (sport broadcasters do it all the time) ask if "so and so" CAN (avoid relegation, catch Liverpool, make the playoffs etc) when the answer is purely mathematical - if its mathematically possible then they obviously "CAN"

The question is surely "WILL?" they do it- Is this just me??? It drives me mad!!

Last edited by stanvax; 9th December 2019 at 11.29:27..
Old 9th December 2019, 12.19:33   #57-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

To be honest, people talking about getting into the play offs at this point is driving me crazy!

Old 9th December 2019, 13.21:00   #58-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
To be honest, people talking about getting into the play offs at this point is driving me crazy!

Same here. When Chester fans call us deluded they may have a point here
Old 9th December 2019, 13.25:36   #59-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Same here. When Chester fans call us deluded they may have a point here
Agree its cringe. Couldn't blame any other fans for thinking we're deluded.

By the way, I'm not deluded about this team, I still think we're dog shit. Table doesn't lie. Two wins on the trot isn't anywhere near enough to pacify me.
Old 9th December 2019, 14.07:23   #60-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Agree its cringe. Couldn't blame any other fans for thinking we're deluded.

By the way, I'm not deluded about this team, I still think we're dog shit. Table doesn't lie. Two wins on the trot isn't anywhere near enough to pacify me.
Agree, compared to where we could/should be we are still pretty shite. It’s just a bit firmer and not so runny this week.
But it’s also a shit league this year and if we strengthen and Keates keeps taking the hint from fans... we could just end up in the top half. Happy days!
Old 9th December 2019, 14.24:11   #61-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexile View Post
Agree, compared to where we could/should be we are still pretty shite. It’s just a bit firmer and not so runny this week.
But it’s also a shit league this year and if we strengthen and Keates keeps taking the hint from fans... we could just end up in the top half. Happy days!
Win the next 5 (which we really should do if we want to avoid the drop) and I might relax a bit more...

Old 9th December 2019, 14.35:51   #62-0 (permalink)
Administrator

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

We are 12 points outside of the play offs. That, though, isn't what is really relevant; the number of teams between us and that 7th spot is. We have to better all those team's performances and hoping all those teams fail is a long shot, as there are 13 of them!

On the plus side, over the last five games, only four of those teams are outperforming us, Stockport, Boreham Wood, Barnet and Eastleigh.
Old 9th December 2019, 14.46:43   #63-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

It would be absolutely remarkable. I do hope the recent "run" does not paper over the cracks and that the people in power decide that no investment is needed in January. Clearly it is. Just as well we won those two games or we would be significantly adrift.

Looking at the table something dramatic has changed this season. If you'd pulled the teams randomly out of a hat at the start of the season you probably would have got a more predictable table than that.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.12:14.