RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Board Votes (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115095-board-votes.html)

-luke 9th December 2019 21.04:28

Board Votes

Got buried a little bit, genuine questions though.

In the thread about the board vote it states that Carl Hogan was present at the meeting to discuss retention or sacking vote for Hughes.

Am I right in thinking he was co-opted to the club board?
Is he also a member of the wst board?
Does he have a voting right on either board?

Being balanced, in his media role I can understand being present in meetings to be able to produce press releases etc even if no voting rights.

Being dubious I counter my own comment above with, why should he be present on these meetings. Any press releases could be written from talking points provided by the chair.

If he has a vote, then unclear why he is allowed one.

If he doesn't have a vote then he either sits without uttering a word in the meetings in which case he doesnt need to be there. Secretary surely takes minutes, he can get anything he needs from those. Or alternatively is an active participant in those meetings and therefore in a position to influence the discussion and voting outcomes.

Not trying to be a dick, but can anyone explain it to me factually?

Prodigal Dragon 9th December 2019 21.28:24

Re: Board Votes

My understanding is he is there solely to improve comms, and is not part of the executive. There are pros and cons to this, but I would be both surprised and angry if he had a vote.

eosceiriog 9th December 2019 21.51:11

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2326457]My understanding is he is there solely to improve comms, and is not part of the executive. There are pros and cons to this, but I would be both surprised and angry if he had a vote.[/QUOTE]

If it was after he was co-opted and appointed as a director then he had a legal right to vote.

Whether we yet needed another board member is another matter as also is his performance in that role. He can't even get a kick off time right.

-luke 9th December 2019 21.57:21

[QUOTE=eosceiriog;2326464]If it was after he was co-opted and appointed as a director then he had a legal right to vote.

Whether we yet needed another board member is another matter as also is his performance in that role. He can't even get a kick off time right.[/QUOTE]

A vote on football ops sure

But sacking BH is a trust vote.

Bustas Nads 9th December 2019 22.06:27

Looking at the WST aug mins it states he joined the board in a non voting capacity.

Like PD said earlier from what was said at the wst meeting in October he's there to help improve communications and advise the both boards on these matters?

eosceiriog 9th December 2019 22.06:50

[QUOTE=-luke;2326467]A vote on football ops sure

But sacking BH is a trust vote.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is he is a Trust Director. If I'm wrong on this I apologise.

If he is acting in an advisory capacity only then he would have no right to vote as he is not actually a director. As usual very confusing and nothing is clear cut.

Do we have any club directors who are not WST directors as well?

eosceiriog 9th December 2019 22.09:13

[QUOTE=Bustas Nads;2326468]Looking at the WST aug mins it states he joined the board in a non voting capacity.

Like PD said earlier from what was said at the wst meeting in October he's there to help improve communications and advise the both boards on these matters?[/QUOTE]

Totally confusing. I cannot see how he can be a director but not director (=no vote). I know I should have left the pub earlier!!!!

-luke 9th December 2019 22.30:03

[QUOTE=Bustas Nads;2326468]Looking at the WST aug mins it states he joined the board in a non voting capacity.

Like PD said earlier from what was said at the wst meeting in October he's there to help improve communications and advise the both boards on these matters?[/QUOTE]

So not a director but sits on the board?

Just seems an odd structure, a non voting member of one board, present in a meeting to discuss the employment status of a management team member in a room of elected individuals. Required to be there to write a press release which is a fairly standard boilerplate text when firing a football manager.

Rob 9th December 2019 22.43:42

Just become the 67th download of those minutes so seems they are not widely read...
[I]"Completed – CH had accepted the invitation to join the board in a non- voting capacity as set out in SHs post on the forum".
[/I]

As per my post on [url]http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115072-wst-board-majority-vote-fire-hughes-club-board-not-involved.html[/url] it is unclear if previous policies etc were in force in that meeting, as the policy on how to fire a manager appears to have differed from what has been historically published.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.34:50.