RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Sutton United (A) thoughts, predictions, match info (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115121-sutton-united-thoughts-predictions-match-info.html)

Red Light 19th December 2019 08.19:53

Sutton United (A) thoughts, predictions, match info

As a diversion from questions and answers there is a truly 'massive' match coming up on Saturday - a real 6 pointer from which we really could do with extending our recent upturn in form.

On Tuesday night Sutton went out of the FA Trophy following a replay that went to extra time eventually going out 3 - 2 to Dagenham.

Their manager could only name 4 subs - their squad is depleted through both injury and illness.

So which team will be best suited to take the points ?

A team who has effectively been rested since we beat Solihull and perhaps ring rusty and lacking that regular match fitness OR

A host team who have put out their best team possible and played together twice in the same time period and given their squad problems may be feeling heavy legged and tired following their 120 minutes on Tuesday night.

Now we are playing 5 across the back and have Omari up front anything is possible but Sutton are no mugs and recently took a point at AFC Fylde.

Anyone going to this one ? traditionally the last Saturday before Christmas is known as 'Black Saturday' in certain quarters - the weekend that historically attracts the lowest attendances in stark contrast to boxing day.

I'm going to predict a 0 - 1 away win with the goal coming from either Patrick, Wright or Grant.
175 reds there with many exiles.
The pre match information suggests that there will be no segregation for this match so numbers attending might not become clear.
Good luck and safe journey to those making the long trip !

krux 19th December 2019 08.35:34

Re: Sutton United (A) thoughts, predictions, match info

If we can get out of there with a draw I'll be cock a hoop. Can't see it though, unless Patrick works his magic early on.

OneLoveWrexham 19th December 2019 08.48:13

Hopefully Dibble will be given the number 1 shirt as he’s been unlucky not to be given a chance, we’re still deep in the shite and every game against the team around us are must win to give ourselves breathing space and nothing else will do at this stage.

bristol redder 19th December 2019 09.03:30

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2328417]Hopefully Dibble will be given the number 1 shirt as he’s been unlucky not to be given a chance, we’re still deep in the shite and every game against the team around us are must win to give ourselves breathing space and nothing else will do at this stage.[/QUOTE]

Based on this quote is Boris Johnson a Wrexham fan??

michaelps 19th December 2019 09.13:42

Can see this as a draw; agree it's a huge game.
You are correct Red Light.
The game is not segregated.
This is helpful as it means we can use the club bar - always found Sutton to be a friendly enough lot though the bar is fairly small.
Also a plus as the pub opposite the ground the Plough closed down a couple of years ago; nearest pub to the ground is the Robin Hood about 10 minutes from the ground; most tend to go there. Usual Spoons, Yates's etc. in Sutton itself.
See you there.

Vambo 19th December 2019 09.23:54

[QUOTE=michaelps;2328425]Can see this as a draw; agree it's a huge game.
You are correct Red Light.
The game is not segregated.
This is helpful as it means we can use the club bar - always found Sutton to be a friendly enough lot though the bar is fairly small.
Also a plus as the pub opposite the ground the Plough closed down a couple of years ago; nearest pub to the ground is the Robin Hood about 10 minutes from the ground; most tend to go there. Usual Spoons, Yates's etc. in Sutton itself.
See you there.[/QUOTE]

Off the train and into Suttons club, I don't remember it being particularly small.
the pitch is our biggest problem, we must have played 40 or 50 games on plastic now, and it always seems like it's the first time.

michaelps 19th December 2019 09.40:35

Yes, the 4G pitch is always a concern with our record on plastic which really isn't good enough

Willywill 19th December 2019 09.54:14

The prospect of Dibble in goal fills me with more grief than the prospect of playing on plastic. It’s like giving your opponents a goal start. As for being ring rusty because we didn’t play our better guys last week - isn’t that an excuse in the making? Every game for us now is a scrap and every game is crucial. The manager has to show that he can motivate, and fire these primadona’s up.

Quay Red 19th December 2019 10.03:07

[QUOTE=Vambo;2328427]Off the train and into Suttons club, I don't remember it being particularly small.
the pitch is our biggest problem, we must have played 40 or 50 games on plastic now, and it always seems like it's the first time.[/QUOTE]

See you there. It'll be my first time at Sutton so I'm hoping I can park up within a reasonable walking distance.
Just hope Keates doesn't muck about with the formation.
Could see Hooper and Barton on the bench.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.33:39.