Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th January 2020, 13.09:12   #775-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: January Transfer Window

We had two decent players in Tollit and Harris if played in the right formation. Obviously our coaching staff not capable of adaptation. It would seem we are now in the position of not being able to attract players as good as? We have no hope, at least I'll be spending more time and money with loved ones this coming year and onwards, very sad OAP.
Old 15th January 2020, 13.18:08   #776-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
In your opinion, but for me keep changing manager and we will, well Conference North at least. Regardless of what has gone on or who is to blame we have become a basket case with managers and until we buck that trend we will continue going backwards. If we go down I have no doubt Keates will be sacked but for now we need to get behind him.
But that's the issue, the board in full knowledge brought back a bloke that half the fanbase wouldn't get behind even if we were doing excellently. They brought back a bloke who used to get booed when we'd win such was the terrible style of play and zero entertainment football that he likes to play. They brought back someone whos managerial record is awful, that stops teams from scoring goals and has an awful record for signings.

There was never, and there will never be, the full support of the fanbase behind Dean Keates. He'd be lucky to even get half of the fans supporting him.

Your idea is right in prinicple, however this is yet another wrong appointment with the wrong coach and the wrong assistant. If we'd have started fresh and cleared out Darlington and brought in a new management team we'd all be much more united, the Racecourse wouldn't be a library and I'd bet a lot of money we'd be higher up in the league with a half decent manager
Old 15th January 2020, 13.19:40   #777-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
But that's the issue, the board in full knowledge brought back a bloke that half the fanbase wouldn't get behind even if we were doing excellently. They brought back a bloke who used to get booed when we'd win such was the terrible style of play and zero entertainment football that he likes to play. They brought back someone whos managerial record is awful, that stops teams from scoring goals and has an awful record for signings.

There was never, and there will never be, the full support of the fanbase behind Dean Keates. He'd be lucky to even get half of the fans supporting him.

Your idea is right in prinicple, however this is yet another wrong appointment with the wrong coach and the wrong assistant. If we'd have started fresh and cleared out Darlington and brought in a new management team we'd all be much more united, the Racecourse wouldn't be a library and I'd bet a lot of money we'd be higher up in the league with a half decent manager
Pretty much what I was going to type!
Old 15th January 2020, 13.33:04   #778-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

Nail hit firmly on head.

As an exile I normally attend 5-10 games per season. I haven't been to a match thus far and struggle to get through the 'highlights' given the football we play.

If we are this angry given how Keates jumped ship imagine how the players feel having to work with him every day. Explains a lot.

And who is to blame for this? Harris of course, who fielded Dixie as a patsy to take the heat for reappointing Keates.
Old 15th January 2020, 13.35:51   #779-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

In general, I agree we need to give a manager a decent amount of time. In this specific case, it’s hard to argue with anything NWD said above!
Old 15th January 2020, 13.40:24   #780-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
I dont think sacking keates is the answer. Stability not so much of an issue for me, the club is volatile right now anyway and the players are not getting behind him.

I think keeping keates is the right thing because i dont trust the people responsible for finding his replacement to do a good job.
I agree with this, if a new manager comes in now it’ll buy the board at least another 6 months, this farce needs to end now, Harris, Jones, mills need to go, new owners should decide on the manager
Old 15th January 2020, 13.40:24   #781-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

It's a bit like a stuck record and I suppose nothing will change until we see an upturn in form. We have never a manager appointment that had the full backing of all the support, but results change opinions. Remember Dennis Smith took us down first season and we had a few months of 'Flynn out, Flynn out' chanting but at least we were spared the daily social media.
Old 15th January 2020, 13.41:28   #782-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
�� DK | I’m still hopeful that we’ll add some new faces. We’re close with one player in particular and a few other are on the burner. #WxmAFC

There we have it. It only took 15 days to go down to “hopeful”. Soon enough he’ll be mentioning the loan window as an alternative.
Jesus he sounds like andy morrell when he didnt have a clue who to sign
Posted via mobile theme
Old 15th January 2020, 13.50:57   #783-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
It's a bit like a stuck record and I suppose nothing will change until we see an upturn in form. We have never a manager appointment that had the full backing of all the support, but results change opinions. Remember Dennis Smith took us down first season and we had a few months of 'Flynn out, Flynn out' chanting but at least we were spared the daily social media.
There was a lot of very open and visible hostility to Keates coming back, for a number of reasons.

Trying to paint that as 'not everyone supports management appointments' doesn't wash with me.

As for results change people's minds, I think he'll also need to change how his teams play for this to happen. He's shown precious little evidence of this.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.00:21.