Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27th December 2019, 08.49:15   #28-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Points to stay up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
All things being equal and add the fact we've played one more game than most teams above us and less than 40% of the season to play we are starting at relegation.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is sleepwalking to the Conference North which is a big worry
Who is suggesting we are not in a relegation fight ? We are looking for trends and suggesting that current form is a positive trend. We all realise we have a fight on our hands.
As for people congratulating themselves after a hard fought victory - why not ? We won which may or may not please all on here so let’s hopefully move on to another win tomorrow.
Old 27th December 2019, 09.18:23   #29-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
‘String wins together’ - 3 in 4 is a start don’t you think ?
Those wins give us hope. Still need a decent midfielder if we are to confidently pull away from the drop.
Old 27th December 2019, 09.20:01   #30-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Who is suggesting we are not in a relegation fight ? We are looking for trends and suggesting that current form is a positive trend. We all realise we have a fight on our hands.
As for people congratulating themselves after a hard fought victory - why not ? We won which may or may not please all on here so let’s hopefully move on to another win tomorrow.
Exactly. Yesterday was far from perfect but there are glimmers of hope, and we banked another invaluable 3 points.
Old 27th December 2019, 09.32:50   #31-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

It's 10 points out of 21 since Dean's new signings - Reid, Kennedy and Patrick arrived. That's just over a third of our points total for the season. If we can keep all 3 to the end of the season the signs are promising. And if we can keep JJ on the pitch that would be an added bonus.

Looking forward to Maidenhead tomorrow. We won easily on our previous two visits so lets hope for a third and that Chris Dunn does not choose to put on a worldie display against his old team.
Old 27th December 2019, 09.47:58   #32-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Well we aren't by any measure: https://www.soccerstats.com/formtabl...eague=england5

Even if you take the whole season we aren't in a space that will be a relegation space at the end of the season.

We definitely need to improve though to make sure.

I've not seen anyone say we are too big to go down. You'd have to have not been paying attention for the last 12 years to think that.
'relegation space' ha ha

By my reckoning our form over the season so far if continued would put us on 49 points. Relegation bandwidth certainty!
Posted via mobile theme
Old 27th December 2019, 09.58:18   #33-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
Judging over season so far.

I want to be wrong... But the signs are all there in terms of our general ability to string wins together. I was of the view in October that if at Christmas we were still down the bottom we should be at panic stations... People still seem to have the too big to go down mentality
I dont think anyone thinks we are too big to go down, but what this season has proved if we didnt appreciate it before there are fine margins between top and bottom of this league and every team are capable of beating every other team.

It's all about consistency 3 out of 4 is a start, even if too early to say DK has turned things around, but with some luck with injuries, confidence should be returning. We now have a shape and formation that is making us more competitive, a keeper in form, a solid back 3, wing backs who can get forward, midfielders who can put a shift in and goal scoring strikers. Add a bit more quality in January and we should find that consistency needed to go on a decent run.

Last edited by davewilli; 27th December 2019 at 09.59:29..
Old 27th December 2019, 10.23:12   #34-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

PS Having said the above, the next 2 games are potentially our hardest, away to 2 teams fighting for their survival. The players need to turn up and more than match Maidenhead and Chorley for effort and nullify every thing they will throw at us
Old 27th December 2019, 10.43:11   #35-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
'relegation space' ha ha

By my reckoning our form over the season so far if continued would put us on 49 points. Relegation bandwidth certainty!
Posted via mobile theme
Relegation Place whatever. I'm a single parent who has been dealing with an overly excited 4 year old for the the last few days my mind is a little burnt out!

Since when has a teams form been consistent over the entire season? If we play like we did for the first half of the season then yes we will go down. Our results and performance over the last month have been an improvement. That gives me a cautious sense of optimism.

It could yet all go wrong but we appear to be on the right track.
Old 27th December 2019, 10.46:01   #36-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
PS Having said the above, the next 2 games are potentially our hardest, away to 2 teams fighting for their survival. The players need to turn up and more than match Maidenhead and Chorley for effort and nullify every thing they will throw at us
Speaking to the Notts County fans in work they said Maidehead were woeful. Country were 3-0 up at half time and just coasted the second half but if they had gone for it they reckon they could have put 6 or 7 past them.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.06:57.