Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th December 2019, 19.47:27   #127-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: To the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan16 View Post
This is the point I was trying to make if enough people turned up the the Board couldn't prevent everyone from asking questions, remember all people attending would be members,if they did stop taking questions they would be going against the spirit of The WST surely.
Attend the next meeting in numbers give it a go, posting on Red-Passion hasn't worked
The amount of Trust Board members who have resigned in the last 12 or so months show even elected people are not happy with the system.Unfortunately the constitution allows individuals to sit on the Trust and Club boards and certain individuals are exploiting this in reality 'weakness' in the system to create a closed shop e.g. PJ using casting vote to keep John Mills in his role.
The only way around this situation is to push disenchanted fans to join the Trust so that chosen candidates for the club board can be block voted in the next AGM.
The only alternative to shift the 'unmoveables' seems to be relegation (doing the 'right thing' for the club by resigning) or having to create a new club due to liquidation having spent couple of seasons in Conf North with gates less than 2k.
Old 30th December 2019, 19.51:03   #128-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Is there an investigation? I may be wrong, but was under the impression they said they couldn’t do anything about it.
Yup, I thought it came out of the last WST meeting that they didn't know how to investigate this? Didn't they ask a questioner how to do so?
Old 30th December 2019, 20.09:01   #129-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
I didn’t mean from yourself, a post above states Pete Jones actually told a person at a meeting that he had heard enough from him/her.

What is the point if that is the outcome?

I get what your saying but I’m not a member, yes I’m anti wst because they are finishing the job Hamilton started.

When did you ask them to resign?
With the greatest respect, but ‘what’s the point?’ is written a lot on here. Really does sound like a cop out. If all Pete needs to say is ‘let’s move on to the next question’ to stifle any discontent, then fans ownership is here for the foreseeable.
Old 30th December 2019, 20.13:05   #130-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
I didn’t mean from yourself, a post above states Pete Jones actually told a person at a meeting that he had heard enough from him/her.

What is the point if that is the outcome?

I get what your saying but I’m not a member, yes I’m anti wst because they are finishing the job Hamilton started.

When did you ask them to resign?
At the last WST meeting, they tried to stop me asking more questions but I persisted if there were other people asking similar questions we could have started something, they weren't really expecting my resignation question.
In the past I've been a big supporter of The WST but the Board need to resign they've made far too many mistakes one after another
The members need to appoint someone to find an investor
I personally think there's already been approaches there's just too many rumours of various people making offers
Old 30th December 2019, 20.13:35   #131-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
The amount of Trust Board members who have resigned in the last 12 or so months show even elected people are not happy with the system.Unfortunately the constitution allows individuals to sit on the Trust and Club boards and certain individuals are exploiting this in reality 'weakness' in the system to create a closed shop e.g. PJ using casting vote to keep John Mills in his role.
The only way around this situation is to push disenchanted fans to join the Trust so that chosen candidates for the club board can be block voted in the next AGM.
The only alternative to shift the 'unmoveables' seems to be relegation (doing the 'right thing' for the club by resigning) or having to create a new club due to liquidation having spent couple of seasons in Conf North with gates less than 2k.
Another alternative is start a new trust, with new members (with or without investors) and better rules (as proposed for the egm), then make a £1 bid for the club and vote it through via willing existing wst members. In theory the board can't stop this happening, and if they did that would be a breach of wst rules and that should be enough to have the board kicked out of their positions. Either way you get rid of the existing board....job done!
Old 30th December 2019, 20.24:08   #132-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
At the last WST meeting, they tried to stop me asking more questions but I persisted if there were other people asking similar questions we could have started something, they weren't really expecting my resignation question.
In the past I've been a big supporter of The WST but the Board need to resign they've made far too many mistakes one after another
I personally think there's already been approaches there's just too many rumours of various people making offers
Well put Juan.
Old 30th December 2019, 21.24:10   #133-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaidTom View Post
With the greatest respect, but ‘what’s the point?’ is written a lot on here. Really does sound like a cop out. If all Pete needs to say is ‘let’s move on to the next question’ to stifle any discontent, then fans ownership is here for the foreseeable.
I hate what we have become it’s been ran like a nationalised business that crumbles away mistake after mistake but no change to the ideology. It’s a committee for this or a board in this instance why didn’t the wst rather than have two board just essentially be the owner and manage from one seat. Is there a real need to have two boards with people on both boards, anyway it’s bureaucracy overall and people who shouldn’t have any involvement in business they are not upto it.

Truth is Tom I don’t want a constitutional change, I’d rather the club up for sale but we couldn’t keep the current board in place until a new owner was found as they just wouldn’t play game the ideology means everything and the remarks made are on par with corbyn the policies aren’t wrong ... the policies of Wrexham football have been wrong since the wst took over they wouldn’t accept they made mistakes even if we went down that is where we are at now.
Old 30th December 2019, 21.28:19   #134-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
I totally agree, there’s always an ounce of truth to a rumour.

One rumour is likely to be false but this many there must have been approaches blocked by just simply not responding. There’s a poster on here it will be in one of the threads of an Italian who the club never responded too, Bryn law who stood down then released a statement which inbetween the lines said it all.

Spencer’s own Facebook posts show a clear indication of no outsiders and those posting in the comments such as Lindsay Jones who once did a lot for Wrexham, don’t want private ownership but this is a terrible existence.
Old 30th December 2019, 21.36:26   #135-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
It depends on your narrative.

If we go down WST can 'save' the club again.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.50:21.