Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th January 2020, 23.09:52   #64-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default Re: Second Disabled Platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
Thanks Quay Red.

I suggested to the club that Brian Lloyd as our ex goalkeeper and later career as a talented architect could be a great person to help give advice to the focus group.

I spoke to Brian who I have known for over 40 years and he said he would be willing to help.

But a club director wrote to me and said it was all under control and under the stewardship of Phil. He also suggested I was interfering, had no authority to make such suggestions and my actions had created a potential embarrassment for the club. All of which fairly stunned me.

So I just left it there.

I spoke to Welsh Kiwi just after this and I know how much it upset him.
I was (and still am) really angry about the treatment of one of the kindest people I have ever met by the director of our club.
It's simply disgraceful.
Old 15th January 2020, 23.52:41   #65-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
I spoke to Welsh Kiwi just after this and I know how much it upset him.
I was (and still am) really angry about the treatment of one of the kindest people I have ever met by the director of our club.
It's simply disgraceful.
Totally understand where you are coming from. Don't know Welsh Kiwi that well but had unique connections with his Dad Bob Clark. Worked with Bob in the same Wrexham Accountancy practice in the late 1960's . He then moved on to become a Partner in another local firm . Well remember the fabulous job he did as Treasurer of the Centenary Club group which raised so much money for our Club in the 1970's and were pivotal in building the Yale Stand. By 1974 I had ceased being a lone fan wolf , writing to the Leader etc , and joined the Supporters Association committee . Must be honest , there were sometimes issues between those on the CC side ( Professional/ Business ) and SA people ( jumped up peasants! ) but we worked it out ! By the middle 1970's I was working for another Wrexham Accountancy firm who audited the Centenary Club accounts . Remember Bob asking my boss Michael Coxey if I could be Treasurer for Mickey Evans' Testimonial. Was not impressed that I wasn't personally consulted !! Turned out great ....with Gareth , Graham , Dixie ...following the list and leading me to where I am now with the FPA ... so thanks Bob !
Moving on 20 years. My wife , also an Accountant , is involved in a Wrexham office merger. Guess who is Senior Partner in her new firm and shows her great kindness and support? None other than my old colleague , WAFC Chairman , passionate Reds' fan , and great mate Bob Clark! Lovely man , and much missed.
Old 16th January 2020, 09.15:09   #66-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Am not wishing to create any more problems for the club (they have enough to deal with already) so do not want to share in public which club director it was who sent the email.

But I did feel incredibly upset by it. Bearing in mind it was the same director who had happily accepted the £5,000 that my family donated to the club just a few years earlier to set up a club youth award in my fathers name.
We all know who it is. He's already been mentioned.
Old 16th January 2020, 19.18:57   #67-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Thanks Quay Red.

I suggested to the club that Brian Lloyd as our ex goalkeeper and later career as a talented architect could be a great person to help give advice to the focus group.

I spoke to Brian who I have known for over 40 years and he said he would be willing to help.

But a club director wrote to me and said it was all under control and under the stewardship of Phil. He also suggested I was interfering, had no authority to make such suggestions and my actions had created a potential embarrassment for the club. All of which fairly stunned me.

So I just left it there.
Use this as ammo to out them at the next AGM. It's arseholes like this who hide behind Spencer (who takes all of the flack as he's the only one who puts his head above water) who really get to me.
Old 16th January 2020, 20.25:04   #68-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Excellent Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
You are seeing that literally, my point was wider, Hamilton and Moss were custodians of the club.

It is like librarians, some will want to dish out 10p late fines and shush you at any point. Others will point you towards an unknown good book and help out.
Others can see the limitations of libraries who carry on the way they’ve always done and just loan books. They move with the times and adapt to the modern world.
Old 17th January 2020, 00.12:57   #69-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Really sorry to hear that.

It isn't his club, nor mine, it is yours and ours and everyone is a custodian of it.
Thanks Rob.

Those are certainly the ideals and philosophy that I signed up to and supported when I became a member of the WST some 15 years or more ago.

But sadly and in reality it has never felt like that in my own experience. The times I have offered practical help or offered my services to fill designated roles have all been turned down for one legitimate reason or another.

The £5,000 donation was accepted and I was truly grateful the WST and Club were happy to name a youth award after my father (considering what he had done for Wrexham AFC throughout his lifetime) but I sensed the money was also very welcome.

I was very humbled to receive from the WST their Extra Mile award some years back for the efforts I put into help protect the Racecourse from property developers (aka Hamilton types) in the Welsh Government's Local Development Plan. This was mainly achieved through Red Passion and was a true community effort that reached about 13,500 signatures a capacity Racecourse at that time.

I now feel very alienated by the club which I find incredibly sad. And that pains me when I consider what the fans ownership could have achieved if everyone was on board and pulling all together in the same direction.

The one organisation who has welcomed me with open arms was the DSA. I felt very privileged to have been a committee member for a few years, before I simply became too busy with my other projects and had to step down.

Am 50 now, so am no longer the young kid who first fell in love with Wrexham Football Club during the incredible years of 1976/77/78.

I still love the club unconditionally but I don't love the way its being run.

And I do fear for its future.
Old 17th January 2020, 09.28:10   #70-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Thanks Rob.

Those are certainly the ideals and philosophy that I signed up to and supported when I became a member of the WST some 15 years or more ago.

But sadly and in reality it has never felt like that in my own experience. The times I have offered practical help or offered my services to fill designated roles have all been turned down for one legitimate reason or another.

The £5,000 donation was accepted and I was truly grateful the WST and Club were happy to name a youth award after my father (considering what he had done for Wrexham AFC throughout his lifetime) but I sensed the money was also very welcome.

I was very humbled to receive from the WST their Extra Mile award some years back for the efforts I put into help protect the Racecourse from property developers (aka Hamilton types) in the Welsh Government's Local Development Plan. This was mainly achieved through Red Passion and was a true community effort that reached about 13,500 signatures a capacity Racecourse at that time.

I now feel very alienated by the club which I find incredibly sad. And that pains me when I consider what the fans ownership could have achieved if everyone was on board and pulling all together in the same direction.

The one organisation who has welcomed me with open arms was the DSA. I felt very privileged to have been a committee member for a few years, before I simply became too busy with my other projects and had to step down.

Am 50 now, so am no longer the young kid who first fell in love with Wrexham Football Club during the incredible years of 1976/77/78.

I still love the club unconditionally but I don't love the way its being run.

And I do fear for its future.
A sad post from so many angles. Remember the Local Development Plan petition well . Red Passion was crucial in that fantastic effort but can't recall the Trust being involved?? Do, however , remember who was extremely honoured to be asked to present the Petition to the Mayor of Wrexham at a special Council meeting.
Old 7th February 2020, 11.33:57   #71-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

It now seems that, largely in relation to this summer's concert, Platform 2 will be ready for, best case scenario, the start of next season.

Please, please, someone try to defend this latest slice of the cake which is, a sandwich of abject failure, filled with the bitter cream of disgrace.
Old 7th February 2020, 11.42:10   #72-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrwrexham View Post
It now seems that, largely in relation to this summer's concert, Platform 2 will be ready for, best case scenario, the start of next season.

Please, please, someone try to defend this latest slice of the cake which is, a sandwich of abject failure, filled with the bitter cream of disgrace.
Hang around and I'm sure stalybridge sheepshagger and that fluffysheepsupporter character will be along shorty to defend this. After all both think its fine for someone within the club to try and get fans sacked.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.30:46.