Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th January 2020, 05.30:20   #55-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Training?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Long range thunderbolt shots into the top of the net - I recall a different one - we were trailing 0 - 1 at home to Fulham when he let fly from a long way out into the Tech End net to get us a draw in a 1 - 1.

I stand to be corrected but Graham W had a very short playing career due to a knee injury - finished well before the age of 30 - I also remember with great fondness his brother Alan playing for Everton back in the Championship winning team of 1970 when Everton were the big money club under John Moores - Alan was often named sub but similar to David Fairclough at Liverpool had the knack of changing a game - bright blonde hair which made him stand out in the days of West, Labone, Harvey, Ball, Kendall, Royle and Morrisey - think Alan later played for Crystal Palace. Wonder where both are now - seems a lifetime ago doesn't it ?
Yes you are right and maybe heresy to say it on here but Arfon did him no favours playing him at full back while already injured. I can also recall a goal against Middlesbrough in a friendly when he scored while sat on the pitch doing his laces ! And of course Carlisle away when he scored all 4 in a 4-1 thrashing.
As you say - a long time ago but still makes me smile.
Old 4th January 2020, 07.12:09   #56-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
I have not ripped apart the whole training progamme just stated what I saw over a 15 min period. I have watched the training a few times and Keates has taken some previous sessions but he appeared to take a back seat today. If you think all is well at our club well good luck with that . There is a consistancy in the club that is leading to continued and ever increasing failure on the pitch. Darlington I am sure means well but how on earth can a coach pop in for a few hours once a week and then expect the players to have a clue what to do when I expect others in Darlingtons absence give them alternate or opposings ideas ?

Its only my opinion for what its worth but you can clearly see that the tactics etc are often wrong with some players not having a clue what to do on match days and those that do get frustrated by being told one thing then another .

I really hope that the team , coaches, managers etc etc have turned a corner now and we get some consistency into our play and results ( winning not losing)

Finally why dont more of you that can spend the time pop down and watch the training ? pick up a nice bacon roll and a Costa from the Spar ( only £3 I think) and sit there and watch and decide for yourselves if all is well
My opinion for what its worth having done coaching/managing. I have watched them train a few times when visiting albeit mostly in pre season. All fine and well letting the coach take a training session but as above all I see is the manager standing by while Darlington took the sessions. Now I have no problem with him doing this now and again but is there one day a week and runs the show. Do the players respect him as he has done nothing football wise and seems to have his backside covered with the board. Would the players respect the managers more and understand what was required tactically if he was the one explaining and giving the orders at ALL sessions? Moyes took over at West Ham this week and first day he is on the training ground giving the orders and they gained a 4-0 win. The players know who is in charge from the start and respect that person. Maybe a bit like a relief teacher coming in you took the pi$$ as there was going to be no punishment.
Old 4th January 2020, 07.52:51   #57-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazwxm View Post
So someone watched 15 minutes of a training session and now it’s turned into a Keates/Darlington bashing thread, Ridiculous really, Keates is manager so would obviously delegate some sessions to his staff (Davies and Darlington) if they didn’t do anything then the same morons would be saying they don’t do anything. This place really is a case of the lunatics taking over the asylum
I would tend to agree. Storm in a teacup.
Old 4th January 2020, 08.11:41   #58-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
I would tend to agree. Storm in a teacup.
Yes you must be right , our results since Keates returned plus our performances under previous managers with Darlington as coach clearly show all is well !!
Old 4th January 2020, 08.24:18   #59-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
My opinion for what its worth having done coaching/managing. I have watched them train a few times when visiting albeit mostly in pre season. All fine and well letting the coach take a training session but as above all I see is the manager standing by while Darlington took the sessions. Now I have no problem with him doing this now and again but is there one day a week and runs the show. Do the players respect him as he has done nothing football wise and seems to have his backside covered with the board. Would the players respect the managers more and understand what was required tactically if he was the one explaining and giving the orders at ALL sessions? Moyes took over at West Ham this week and first day he is on the training ground giving the orders and they gained a 4-0 win. The players know who is in charge from the start and respect that person. Maybe a bit like a relief teacher coming in you took the pi$$ as there was going to be no punishment.
Very much this. Also, how many different systems have these players played under Darlington? One week it's four at the back, then it's three/five, before that it's a diamond etc. Yes he may well be carrying out orders but has there been too much tactical water that has gone under the bridge for for the players to be really buying into what he says anymore.
Old 4th January 2020, 08.42:14   #60-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
Yes you must be right , our results since Keates returned plus our performances under previous managers with Darlington as coach clearly show all is well !!
One thing does not prove the other as I’m sure you know. The point is that watching for 15 minutes hardly constitutes a comprehensive analysis.
Nobody says all is well but this is hardly proof positive.
Old 4th January 2020, 09.36:54   #61-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
One thing does not prove the other as I’m sure you know. The point is that watching for 15 minutes hardly constitutes a comprehensive analysis.
Nobody says all is well but this is hardly proof positive.
True, for me the bottom line is the manager instability over the last few seasons is the route cause of our issues. Regain some stability and we will progress.
Old 4th January 2020, 09.43:31   #62-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
True, for me the bottom line is the manager instability over the last few seasons is the route cause of our issues. Regain some stability and we will progress.
I agree and there are many reasons for that not least of which is poor manager selection by the board particularly in the case of Barrow and Hughes. The jury simply has to be out on Keates and I hope he keeps us up and then let’s see.
The supporters need to be able to believe in the board structure and that ,for me, means a considerably more professional approach. Corner Flag may well be right and there may be problems at coaching level but I am unconvinced by the evidence proffered to date.
Old 4th January 2020, 10.05:36   #63-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
I agree and there are many reasons for that not least of which is poor manager selection by the board particularly in the case of Barrow and Hughes. The jury simply has to be out on Keates and I hope he keeps us up and then let’s see.
The supporters need to be able to believe in the board structure and that ,for me, means a considerably more professional approach. Corner Flag may well be right and there may be problems at coaching level but I am unconvinced by the evidence proffered to date.
And if Darlington only gets involved in coaching for one day a week can he really do that much damage ? What happens in the other four days of the week between weekends ? There is almost an argument for asking the simple question 'why do we bother with him if his time input is so minimal - do we really need him ? Or is he really involved in training much more than one day a week ?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.17:15.