Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th January 2020, 07.16:33   #1-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default We need a change EGM part 2.

The time has come there seems to be many people on red passion and social media all claiming to be fed up but the last EGM call didn’t work. I understand most don’t buy into the club, it’s members do not vote in a high proportion but this has allowed motions present to be passed by a minority dictating the future of Wrexham football club to its current demise.

I’m not going to just say sack the board, but what is needed now are replacements for current board members ready to take the helm if we can force enough support for an EGM. I have been open and critical of the WST regime for years and I cannot believe anyone has faith in this model, from the beginning the team of the previous regime led us to the fa trophy and the playoffs then from that season the team produced by the board, it’s many football managers and players have been terrible.

I do not believe that after new players or a full team was the answer every year or two years, also changing the management didn’t work and I do not believe changing the directors will stop the rot of Wrexham football club any further those who have managed our decline for 8 years probably have no intention on quitting.

I will rejoin the trust just to be able to have an EGM if we can gather the support with others doing the same, we need to remove the board with replacements ready entering the club into a transitional period where it should be placed up for sale and see who or if anyone comes forward. The board could be right and there is no interest I accept that.

If anyone is actually interested in making this happen, Is there even the support to push through an EGM?

Last edited by crazywelsh; 5th January 2020 at 07.18:33..
Old 5th January 2020, 07.25:53   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Default Re: We need a change EGM part 2.

Your penultimate paragraph is correct if you want to have change then go through the proper channels
If apathy dictates there will be no changes then disgruntled supporters will vote with their feet.
Old 5th January 2020, 08.09:08   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

This thread is like repeatedly hammering high balls forward and not realising it doesn't work.
Old 5th January 2020, 08.34:01   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
This thread is like repeatedly hammering high balls forward and not realising it doesn't work.
Considering you are here maybe you could cast your vote and help bring the EGM or are you just here to snipe at anyone who states facts against the board?
Old 5th January 2020, 08.36:03   #5-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel D View Post
Your penultimate paragraph is correct if you want to have change then go through the proper channels
If apathy dictates there will be no changes then disgruntled supporters will vote with their feet.
It’s what I’m trying to prevent happening.

The board members pockets are not impacted by people not turning up, the budget will be and they couldn’t manage the one with excess people than they budgeted for.
Old 5th January 2020, 08.52:25   #6-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
Agree; but why would an EGM proposing change not work?

What, in your opinion, would work?

Do you think the current leadership is working?

If so, why so?
Old 5th January 2020, 08.52:46   #7-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Stop funding this cr@p and vote with your feet.

You only have to look at the disabled platform issue to see that this board don't give a toss about ignoring resolutions tabled by fans. Just like they were happy to ignore the massive groundswell of opinion against both Hughes and Keates appointments.

This is there club now, and while decent numbers of people continue to fund the project, nothing will change.
Old 5th January 2020, 08.57:19   #8-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
The time has come there seems to be many people on red passion and social media all claiming to be fed up but the last EGM call didn’t work. I understand most don’t buy into the club, it’s members do not vote in a high proportion but this has allowed motions present to be passed by a minority dictating the future of Wrexham football club to its current demise.

I’m not going to just say sack the board, but what is needed now are replacements for current board members ready to take the helm if we can force enough support for an EGM. I have been open and critical of the WST regime for years and I cannot believe anyone has faith in this model, from the beginning the team of the previous regime led us to the fa trophy and the playoffs then from that season the team produced by the board, it’s many football managers and players have been terrible.

I do not believe that after new players or a full team was the answer every year or two years, also changing the management didn’t work and I do not believe changing the directors will stop the rot of Wrexham football club any further those who have managed our decline for 8 years probably have no intention on quitting.

I will rejoin the trust just to be able to have an EGM if we can gather the support with others doing the same, we need to remove the board with replacements ready entering the club into a transitional period where it should be placed up for sale and see who or if anyone comes forward. The board could be right and there is no interest I accept that.

If anyone is actually interested in making this happen, Is there even the support to push through an EGM?
Even if you got your EGM you boys on Red Passion wouldn't turn up so what's the point.
You don't need an EGM just turn up at a regular WST meeting and make reasoned and credible points/questions, if people who were dissatisfied with the boards performance were to continually make points/questions throughout the meeting as to why the board should resign we could make it happen
An EGM would take too long to set up and by then we'll be relegated
Old 5th January 2020, 09.25:17   #9-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

There needs to be a meeting outside of the WST so that the clique cannot direct the business of that meeting. We need a figurehead who enough can rally around to then organise some sort of block vote to take to the WST to play them at their own game.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.39:58.