RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Perspective (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115212-perspective.html)

Big One 4th January 2020 17.50:01

Perspective

Enough of the bulls##t. In 32 years of watching Wrexham that was up there with the worst I have seen in that time.
The players don't care. They are a generation of player that don't give a shit. Whether that be the money they are being paid or they cant bare being off instagram for 90 mins I dont know. No one cares anymore apart from the hardcore supporters who have been around for years. I wont be coming back until I feel everyone gives a shit like me, my family and every other hardcore wrexham fan..

WrexSi 4th January 2020 18.00:46

Re: Perspective

In 42 years of watching Wrexham, that was one of the absolute worst performances I’ve seen.

I feel that this squad has been many things this season... inconsistent, unlucky, under rated, not given the right tactics, promising, etc etc, it’s been up and down like that, around those feelings, depending on which game it was..

But today was the first time I really felt the team simply wasn’t putting the effort in!

That was an idle, lazy, gutless, clueless performance from every player aside from Young and Carra (and a Lainton in goal).

I can excuse bad luck or being outplayed, in some games, but I can’t accept the lack of effort and commitment shown today.

Today was the first time for me at a Wrexham game where I felt I was totally losing control, I felt compelled to run on the pitch and bollock the players, which would have meant a lifetime ban etc.

So, best to leave early, before I made a tw@t of myself.

How DARE those players amble around and hide, like they did today?! It beggars belief.

At least part of the reason they dared to do it was, a disinterested looking Keates, no one driving them or shaking them up.

phil 4th January 2020 18.55:08

agree about keates he just stood there motionless no passion nothing he just seemed to accept the situation and davies just rumbled over to him had a word in his ear then he faded into the background this just cant carry on the whole set up is a shambles

Outertowner 5th January 2020 15.41:37

[QUOTE=phil;2333007]agree about keates he just stood there motionless no passion nothing he just seemed to accept the situation and davies just rumbled over to him had a word in his ear then he faded into the background this just cant carry on the whole set up is a shambles[/QUOTE]

Davies was probably asking if he wanted the half time oranges cut up in quarters or eighths.

SammyMac 5th January 2020 15.56:37

[QUOTE=WrexSi;2332965]In 42 years of watching Wrexham, that was one of the absolute worst performances I’ve seen.

I feel that this squad has been many things this season... inconsistent, unlucky, under rated, not given the right tactics, promising, etc etc, it’s been up and down like that, around those feelings, depending on which game it was..

But today was the first time I really felt the team simply wasn’t putting the effort in!

That was an idle, lazy, gutless, clueless performance from every player aside from Young and Carra (and a Lainton in goal).

I can excuse bad luck or being outplayed, in some games, but I can’t accept the lack of effort and commitment shown today.

Today was the first time for me at a Wrexham game where I felt I was totally losing control, I felt compelled to run on the pitch and bollock the players, which would have meant a lifetime ban etc.

So, best to leave early, before I made a tw@t of myself.

How DARE those players amble around and hide, like they did today?! It beggars belief.

At least part of the reason they dared to do it was, a disinterested looking Keates, no one driving them or shaking them up.[/QUOTE]

Have been a supporter for over 55 years sadly I have to agree with you, I didn't leave early but was disgusted by the effort put in (again other than Lainton, Young and Carrington) Hoping Keates can bring in some quality to brighten things up but must admit I'm feeling the worst at the moment. Will still be continuing to support though!!

WrexSi 5th January 2020 16.34:15

[QUOTE=SammyMac;2333296]Have been a supporter for over 55 years sadly I have to agree with you, I didn't leave early but was disgusted by the effort put in (again other than Lainton, Young and Carrington) Hoping Keates can bring in some quality to brighten things up but must admit I'm feeling the worst at the moment. Will still be continuing to support though!![/QUOTE]

I feel the same as you, for sure. I will keep supporting, hoping that this erratic squad will surprise us with a better performance in a fortnights time, when we expect nothing, they might shock us and deliver.
If Keates makes a few additions to the team too, it might help.

I didn’t leave mega early. Think it was on the ninety, but it just felt weird going when the board was just being put up for time added on.

If there’s one thing I’ve seen consistently in the last 24 hours, it’s that everyone seems to be naming Lainton, Carrington and Young as the only ones trying or producing, yesterday.

If we can see it, surely Keates can.

I’m not entirely sure I could say Jennings wasn’t trying, but he wasn’t getting forward as much as usual, and every single thing he tried went wrong. It’s a weird thing to say but I wonder if he needs his eyes testing! Seems to misjudge the ball so often.

Hooper seemed to be going through the motions, but equally he was given absolutely nothing to work with, up front.

Redmond looks lazy and casual, never puts a tackle in, and no drive to create anything.

The biggest frustration was (allegedly) our highest wage earner, Grant. He just seems to fvck everything up that was given to him, and all too often looked to be hiding behind defenders, wrong side of them, a pretence of ‘trying’.

I’ve calmed down since yesterday, and I still think we have a fair chance of staying up, but we can’t have many more horror shows like that one, where we didn’t look up for it. Aldershot were everything that we should have been but weren’t.

I look forward to a much improved performance a week on Saturday.

BloodRed 5th January 2020 21.23:32

I am not sure about staying up Si any more to be honest. We've all watched Wrexham for years and we've given up on expecting quality so the bare minimum required is effort and bar 3 of the players the rest of our professional players could not even do that yesterday and that is shameful.

The performance smacks to me of something deeper wrong at the club. Maybe the players hate Keates and/or Darlo. That said when you have got players at Macc giving their all when their wages are late it is massively disrespectful of the fans and the shirt they wear not to give even 50% effort in a game.

A really sad state of affairs!

WrexSi 6th January 2020 06.39:32

[QUOTE=BloodRed;2333358]I am not sure about staying up Si any more to be honest. We've all watched Wrexham for years and we've given up on expecting quality so the bare minimum required is effort and bar 3 of the players the rest of our professional players could not even do that yesterday and that is shameful.

The performance smacks to me of something deeper wrong at the club. Maybe the players hate Keates and/or Darlo. That said when you have got players at Macc giving their all when their wages are late it is massively disrespectful of the fans and the shirt they wear not to give even 50% effort in a game.

A really sad state of affairs![/QUOTE]

Agree with all you say mate. I just think there is the ability there to keep us up, with some of the squad, and with some additions to it. But we can’t afford many more performances like that. As you say the least we expect is 100% effort, even if a game is lost through bad luck or being outclassed. But to not even be giving their all, is unforgivable. Cheers mate.

dragonspark 6th January 2020 06.58:01

been a town fan since the sixties though was too young to remember, from about 1970 onwards i do remember, and Wales, i have no affiliation with any premiership club so thats it, i cant come back, love this club but its gone to far i can not put hard earned money into the current regime , i have felt like this for years but continued to attend now i can not justify my earnings being given to a group of people who continually totally waste any resources given to them, were going down, its there and attending games just prolongs the agony in more ways than one

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.32:44.