RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Serious Question Guys (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115214-serious-question-guys.html)

Windsor Mike 4th January 2020 18.44:42

Serious Question Guys

Just how bad do you think it has to get, before we see resignations, or do people think it will just be allowed to slowly collapse, with relegation or a narrow escape occurring

GoJohnnyGoGoGoGo 4th January 2020 18.48:24

Re: Serious Question Guys

it will always be someone else's fault, they are delusional. maybe if there was a financial cost to them as individuals they would walk but it is always some one else's money they are spending

Hightown Brymbo Red 4th January 2020 18.49:49

[QUOTE=Windsor Mike;2332996]Just how bad do you think it has to get, before we see resignations, or do people think it will just be allowed to slowly collapse, with relegation or a narrow escape occurring[/QUOTE]

The only way we will have board resignations will be if we protest and not attend matches
Hit the board in their pockets.. If that doesnt work then we vote them out next Summer..

rob_1072 4th January 2020 18.51:04

The board reminds me of the band on the titanic. Carrying on as normal as we sink.

spuderz123 4th January 2020 18.51:36

Whenever it suits them. They don't give a fvck about the position the club is in on the pitch

John Neals Dynasty 4th January 2020 18.51:37

We will have to be double relegated before they take the hint that they are clueless.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

LlayDragon 4th January 2020 18.53:01

[QUOTE=Windsor Mike;2332996]Just how bad do you think it has to get, before we see resignations, or do people think it will just be allowed to slowly collapse, with relegation or a narrow escape occurring[/QUOTE]

I'll go for option B.

mattw 4th January 2020 18.55:01

Not often I post anything remotely serious but pretty down today. My gut feeling WM is that if we go down there will be a rallying of the board that they are the people to steer us back as they know the club inside out. I also wouldn’t be surprised if someone came in to buy the trust out but leave a token member on the board for goodwill.

For real change the trust and club boards need clearly splitting and the trust board needs the hold the club board to real account. I now work as Sales Director for the company I’m with and with that comes absolute clear black and white expectations of the numbers me and my guys need to deliver along with the other kpi’s.

What struck me from the board q and a was they seemed to have boxed off their own areas of expertise but I just couldn’t see what the markers for success were for us stakeholders to judge them on. We appear to get a few grand project targets but nothing broken down or fed back to the membership.. which makes me really question do they hold each other to account on the club board?

There’s a lot of people on this message board, with much more knowledge in business than I’ve got, but I’m sure every single one would agree - a club of Wrexham’s size needs an independent, full accountable, professional, full time board.

Liverpool Red 4th January 2020 18.55:34

These people won’t leave voluntarily. Everyone except themselves can see the damage they are doing.

dixienormous 4th January 2020 18.57:47

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2332999]The only way we will have board resignations will be if we protest and not attend matches
Hit the board in their pockets.. If that doesnt work then we vote them out next Summer..[/QUOTE]

I don't agree. Not attending matches gives them a safety net, because any struggling team will see andecline in attendances. We need the majorly pissed off supporters to come back to show how they feel, during games.

scampi 4th January 2020 18.58:10

Haven’t been for a while . Paid £20 some of the football was shocking , no point Wrexham players squaring up to the opposition when they can’t pass the ball . Good attendance but I could feel a sense of apathy around the whole place . Only costs slightly more to watch premier league games . Let’s look for a decent backer with money if possible

-luke 4th January 2020 18.58:20

[QUOTE=mattw;2333006]Not often I post anything remotely serious but pretty down today. My gut feeling WM is that if we go down there will be a rallying of the board that they are the people to steer us back as they know the club inside out. I also wouldn’t be surprised if someone came in to buy the trust out but leave a token member on the board for goodwill.

For real change the trust and club boards need clearly splitting and the trust board needs the hold the club board to real account. I now work as Sales Director for the company I’m with and with that comes absolute clear black and white expectations of the numbers me and my guys need to deliver along with the other kpi’s.

What struck me from the board q and a was they seemed to have boxed off their own areas of expertise but I just couldn’t see what the markers for success were for us stakeholders to judge them on. We appear to get a few grand project targets but nothing broken down or fed back to the membership.. which makes me really question do they hold each other to account on the club board?

There’s a lot of people on this message board, with much more knowledge in business than I’ve got, but I’m sure every single one would agree - a club of Wrexham’s size needs an independent, full accountable, professional, full time board.[/QUOTE]

Just look again at the smart goals they did... They are not measuring themselves, they are not working to any clear targets. Its ridiculous how little accountability there is.

scampi 4th January 2020 18.59:54

[QUOTE=scampi;2333010]Haven’t been for a while . Paid £20 some of the football was shocking , no point Wrexham players squaring up to the opposition when they can’t pass the ball . Good attendance but I could feel a sense of apathy around the whole place . Only costs slightly more to watch premier league games . Let’s look for a decent backer with money if possible[/QUOTE]

Mel Sutton was underrated

Back of the Kop 4th January 2020 19.08:10

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2333009]I don't agree. Not attending matches gives them a safety net, because any struggling team will see andecline in attendances. We need the majorly pissed off supporters to come back to show how they feel, during games.[/QUOTE]

I don't agree.An empty ground will attract huge media attention.Turning up chanting shit is just not cutting the mustard.

Prodigal Dragon 4th January 2020 19.19:50

[QUOTE=mattw;2333006]Not often I post anything remotely serious but pretty down today. My gut feeling WM is that if we go down there will be a rallying of the board that they are the people to steer us back as they know the club inside out. I also wouldn’t be surprised if someone came in to buy the trust out but leave a token member on the board for goodwill.

There’s a lot of people on this message board, with much more knowledge in business than I’ve got, but I’m sure every single one would agree - a club of Wrexham’s size needs an independent, full accountable, professional, full time board.[/QUOTE]

Some interesting observations, albeit I disagree on how the WST board structure should be restructured.

In an ideal world, someone or some party would come along and buy the club lock, stock and barrel, but that seems unlikely.

We therefore must reboot the WST model and bring in fresh faces with fresh ideas. That, IMHO, includes sacking Keates and bringing in someone with the ability to reasonably guarantee we avoid the drop. It cannot be guaranteed, but there are sufficient games left if we have a leader and some new bodies in midfield.

Our inability to raise enough interest for an EGM dismayed me, but I fear their proposals would just tinker at the edges, and not address the issues.

My solution would be as follows:

Make the WST Chairman the accountable manager to the WST members. The Chairman should be voted directly by the members.

The Wrexham AFC Board should have primacy, not the current WST Operating Committee -- or whatever they call themselves these days. They have an important role to play but cannot be held responsible for the football side because they are not directly involved with its supervision.

Alas, whether by design or default, the current set-up merely maintains the status quo; made worse by the apathy amongst WST members to hold these folk to account.

Of the current Board, only 2 are worth keeping: Phil Salmon and Mark Williams for his financial continuity. The other 3 are not pulling their weight and will not accept responsibility for their string of poor decisions.

Our club is on the brink of extinction; unless radical change is done soon we will run out of games and face the drop. If we go any lower we will run out of cash, and the Racecourse will be more unaffordable than it is now.

I had wrongly thought we would have recovered by now, but it was as clear as daylight that there is no fight in most of the players because they have lost faith in the club, manager and his assistants.

The buck should always stop with Board. But all they seem capable of doing is passing it on and hoping the problem will go away. It won't!:31::(

Back of the Kop 4th January 2020 19.24:43

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2333021]Some interesting observations, albeit I disagree on how the WST board structure should be restructured.

In an ideal world, someone or some party would come along and buy the club lock, stock and barrel, but that seems unlikely.

We therefore must reboot the WST model and bring in fresh faces with fresh ideas. That, IMHO, includes sacking Keates and bringing in someone with the ability to reasonably guarantee we avoid the drop. It cannot be guaranteed, but there are sufficient games left if we have a leader and some new bodies in midfield.

Our inability to raise enough interest for an EGM dismayed me, but I fear their proposals would just tinker at the edges, and not address the issues.

My solution would be as follows:

Make the WST Chairman the accountable manager to the WST members. The Chairman should be voted directly by the members.

The Wrexham AFC Board should have primacy, not the current WST Operating Committee -- or whatever they call themselves these days. They have an important role to play but cannot be held responsible for the football side because they are not directly involved with its supervision.

Alas, whether by design or default, the current set-up merely maintains the status quo; made worse by the apathy amongst WST members to hold these folk to account.

Of the current Board, only 2 are worth keeping: Phil Salmon and Mark Williams for his financial continuity. The other 3 are not pulling their weight and will not accept responsibility for their string of poor decisions.

Our club is on the brink of extinction; unless radical change is done soon we will run out of games and face the drop. If we go any lower we will run out of cash, and the Racecourse will be more unaffordable than it is now.

I had wrongly thought we would have recovered by now, but it was as clear as daylight that there is no fight in most of the players because they have lost faith in the club, manager and his assistants.

The buck should always stop with Board. But all they seem capable of doing is passing it on and hoping the problem will go away. It won't!:31::([/QUOTE]

It's like being on a roundabout.It's making me feel sick, I keep seeing the same things as I go around but I just can't seem to get off.

Prodigal Dragon 4th January 2020 19.29:10

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2333023]It's like being on a roundabout.It's making me feel sick, I keep seeing the same things as I go around but I just can't seem to get off.[/QUOTE]

It is nauseating but we need to fight the WST smoke-screen to ensure the club survives and then goes in a different direction.

If we give up, it's well and truly ENDEX!:(

sparky 4th January 2020 19.41:56

They ain't going anywhere, they have far too much support from the likes of SO78, JCP and all those that fought the good fight back in the day and who happily support this bizarre ideology at all costs and have lost all focus on what a football club should actually be about.

Keates and Darlington should be dragged in on Monday by their ears and given the mother of all bollockings for that today. Can you imagine that happening here, not a chance. We're still here, at least we're not Bury etc etc. Sickening.

scampi 4th January 2020 19.53:27

Prodigal dragon spot on . Not the managers fault barely been at the club. No pride in the place haven’t been for 12 months and thought my £20 was wasted . Sadly I am the type of supporter you need on board . I won’t be going back in a hurry but out of love for the club always attend at least twice a year. I don’t want to see the club fold or go into the Welsh league but it’s heading one of those two ways . Rhyl v Wrexham or Prestatyn v Wrexham forget Shrewsbury or Tranmere . Yes we are not doing a Bury on the positive but for how long ?

KLH77 4th January 2020 19.55:04

There a too many people at the club that WILL NOT resign no matter what, as either their personal careers benefit from being on the board (those that use the club networks to promote their own business), or their personal careers will be ruined if they admit they have failed (this includes board members, keates and darlo).

They will have to be removed from their positions as they won't go by choice.

As for relegation, it won't happen, as we will be switched into the WPL, which is what a number of the board have always wanted...bringing back the glory years of European football...If you could define being knocked out in qualifiers before August as glory. I wouldn't be surprised if someone at the club has already approached the WPL.

If the club and season is to be saved, those at the top need to be driven out ASAP. I'm now at point where I think they have caused more damage than hamilton, gutterman and moss.

mitchelltown 4th January 2020 19.55:19

It has now come down to the wire when decisions have to be made. Unfortunately those decisions are in the hands of only three people Spencer, Mills & Jones. We need change, lets hope they make those changes for the future of our club.

chef1 4th January 2020 20.00:16

Protests and lots of them they’ve done more damage than any previous owner

Gordav 4th January 2020 20.13:09

The only way I can see us staying up this season is if we end up fourth from bottom and they only relegate three as a result of the Bury expulsion!

the sleeping giant dies 4th January 2020 20.17:18

Yeah we survive this season only to go down next year becsuse nothing will change

Part Timer 4th January 2020 20.21:58

[QUOTE=rob_1072;2333001]The board reminds me of the band on the titanic. Carrying on as normal as we sink.[/QUOTE]

It’s a bit like the dinner scene from Carry on up the Khyber.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 4th January 2020 21.34:19

[QUOTE=rob_1072;2333001]The board reminds me of the band on the titanic. Carrying on as normal as we sink.[/QUOTE]

But playing out of tune.

noisy1 5th January 2020 16.36:29

Your forgetting that there is no-one who is better qualified to run this club. :rolleyes:

Willywill 5th January 2020 16.42:58

Who is then?

Wiltshire_Red 5th January 2020 17.12:40

Sadly, I can just hear the current board saying at the start of next season “Our goal is to bounce back to the NL at the first attempt, we are a financially stable club and have a competitive budget for the NLN.....exciting times ahead”

Wreck Sam 5th January 2020 17.29:23

This is the worry... they will cling on regardless of how far we fall until they find an abysmal level somewhere that suits their skill sets.... and they will back slap their way all the way down with Pete Jones still telling people to sit down and keep quiet.

Corner Flag 5th January 2020 17.51:18

[QUOTE=Wreck Sam;2333324]This is the worry... they will cling on regardless of how far we fall until they find an abysmal level somewhere that suits their skill sets.... and they will back slap their way all the way down with Pete Jones still telling people to sit down and keep quiet.[/QUOTE]

Not me he wont as I have no intention of ever attending anymore meetings with these clowns in charge.

dlrwrexham 5th January 2020 20.06:29

Mugabe Syndrome has infected the whole damned lot of them. They really will sink the ship, before they admit that they're not capable of sailing it!.:(

mold road trendy 5th January 2020 21.39:58

Agree

dragonspark 6th January 2020 07.10:51

maybe the wrong thread but i have heard the name Neil Cooke, being mentioned and also seen his name in rp, can anybody tell me who he is please

Sussex Red 6th January 2020 07.20:44

Can't agree. The band on the Titanic were brave guys, who played on for the benefits of those around them. They weren't clueless, spineless cowards..
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Foxy 6th January 2020 07.24:33

[QUOTE=Sussex Red;2333385]Can't agree. The band on the Titanic were brave guys, who played on for the benefits of those around them. They weren't clueless, spineless cowards..
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

They were also in tune, in time with each other, well conducted, open and transparent.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.57:42.