RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The Players (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115215-players.html)

Greasby Red 4th January 2020 21.26:22

The Players

As much as I love to see everyone vent their spleen at our hopeless manager, inept coaches and incompetent Board members, I do feel that in all of this shambolic capitulation of the club we love, our players seem to have been getting an easy ride. They are the ones who have got us into this mess as much as anyone else. Am I wrong here? Apart from some criticism of Pearson and Grant lately, everyone else gets off scot free apart from the odd comment.

We have the worst squad of players in 150 years.

If you played for Wrexham now and actually gave a shit then you’d want to do something about it.

Of the squad we have now, I couldn’t see more than two or three getting a contract in the National League if, and probably when, we go down.

They are all an utter embarrassment to our club, our badge and our history.

stevewxm 4th January 2020 21.30:21

Re: The Players

[QUOTE=Greasby Red;2333065]As much as I love to see everyone vent their spleen at our hopeless manager, inept coaches and incompetent Board members, I do feel that in all of this shambolic capitulation of the club we love, our players seem to have been getting an easy ride. They are the ones who have got us into this mess as much as anyone else. Am I wrong here? Apart from some criticism of Pearson and Grant lately, everyone else gets off scot free apart from the odd comment.

We have the worst squad of players in 150 years.

If you played for Wrexham now and actually gave a shit then you’d want to do something about it.

Of the squad we have now, I couldn’t see more than two or three getting a contract in the National League if, and probably when, we go down.

They are all an utter embarrassment to our club, our badge and our history.[/QUOTE]

Bang on no effort or passion for our club

Greasby Red 4th January 2020 21.46:08

And while we have this bunch of 20 odd crap players on the books, does anyone know if we’re training twice a day or doing anything else to make them better?

sionwxm 4th January 2020 21.48:50

I felt for Luke Young today, he was the only one bursting a gut and trying to make things happen.

joe 4th January 2020 21.56:43

[QUOTE=sionwxm;2333076]I felt for Luke Young today, he was the only one bursting a gut and trying to make things happen.[/QUOTE]

Didn’t go today but sounds about right. The only one who can take any sort of credibility from the season.

NottsRed 4th January 2020 22.04:08

Id say its pretty obvious all is not well between the players. There is obviously deep divisions in the squad over id imagine a lot of issues including our current manager, Keates coming back when he walked, Darlington, Tactics, Training and probably other stuff including personalities like Grant.

If the board had any sense they would be at the training ground Monday to speak to the players and somehow try and clear the air.. What happend today was unacceptable by any standard.

northwalian dragon 4th January 2020 22.44:00

As bad as they’ve been it’s not that different from the squad Ricketts had challenging for the title

At this level consistency, motivating players and playing a system that suits them goes a long long long way

angleseyred 4th January 2020 23.06:34

How many of the players have a family to support?because the way they are playing they have none.It's their livelyhood ffs ,I would of been sacked if my work performance was as bad as theirs.They say a football player's career is short,this lot's career will be even shorter.Many employers select prospective employees on the criteria that the have families to support which makes them more reliable and have better work ethics.Maybe we should sign players that have a wife and child to support.Rant over.

ruthinred 5th January 2020 08.05:34

Simply too many players with ability but no heart,, add to that drastic loss of form by the likes of Jennings and Pearson

Redmond would probably shine in a team of grafters

Too few characters, and leaders has led to weak team ethic and camaraderie

It really was naive and poor recruitment from the novice that was Bryan Hughes

It will probably cost us tbh

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.07:09.