Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th January 2020, 15.39:12   #28-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: We need a change EGM part 2.

Spencer Harris makes decisions as if he owns the club and doesn't feel he has to be accountable to anyone. The other board members and Pete Jones must be exceptionally weak or they are complicit in the diabolical decision making that has trashed our club.
Old 5th January 2020, 15.56:07   #29-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by draigwrecsam View Post
To be eligible to be voted onto the board you have to have been a member in good standing for at least 90 days. The AGM will be in June and so, if you want to elect a current non-member, then he or she had better join by the end of February.

Apart from new board members, the first task will be to amend Rule 27 so that it does not bar members from amending Rule 28 (which lists all the powers of the Board). We need that change made first. My research shows that approximately 1,000 members vote in the election ballots but only 300 - 400 vote on amendments and resolutions. You must give 30 days notice of a call for an EGM and the agenda and resolutions must be included in the call. Even now, we can't call an EGM to take place before DK has spent his new found warchest.

We can only hope that we survive this season and can find the support to make changes at the AGM in June.

There will be a meaningless Club AGM earlier, but there are no elections or motions from the floor, so hardly worth attending.
I would point out that it's only the 300 - 400 voting members who care to vote for both the resolutions and in the election ballots.
The maximum vote for a candidate is around the 300 mark.
Old 5th January 2020, 16.16:12   #30-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
I would point out that it's only the 300 - 400 voting members who care to vote for both the resolutions and in the election ballots.
The maximum vote for a candidate is around the 300 mark.
The 4 people successful in 2019 got 405,322,321 and 303 votes each.
Old 5th January 2020, 16.26:05   #31-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy buckley View Post
The 4 people successful in 2019 got 405,322,321 and 303 votes each.
How many people can you vote for?
Old 5th January 2020, 16.33:36   #32-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
How many people can you vote for?
There were 7 candidates for 4 vacancies so you got to vote 4 times for different candidates, assume you could vote for less if you didn't think candidates were good enough.
Old 5th January 2020, 16.35:32   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
There were 7 candidates for 4 vacancies so you got to vote 4 times for different candidates, assume you could vote for less if you didn't think candidates were good enough.
Thanks!
Old 5th January 2020, 16.36:37   #34-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

If there’s four vacancies then you can vote for a maximum of four people, you can vote for less than the maximum though if you wish. Therefore approximately 405 members voted at the last election.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by LL11 2AH; 5th January 2020 at 16.37:49..
Old 5th January 2020, 16.42:06   #35-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Yes as I voted for less than the maximum the last two years. If candidates statements don't outline a clear understanding of their transferable skills and their vision of what they want to achieve on the board then I won't vote for them. In my opinion, candidates who can do no more than tell a story of their first game and favourite player will be yes men where as we need agents of change.
Old 5th January 2020, 17.04:45   #36-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

for me personally... im happy with the board in general.. as they HAVE done a sterling job in sorting out our finances and elping create more income ,,, (sure there maybe scoope for more.. but every club in the world could improve)

what i would like to see is an extension of the board... by that i mean keep the current people and allow them to keep sorting our finances etc..... BUT... appoint 2-3 FOOTBALL orientated people who control the football side of it...

let them control signing of managers..and help set up and manage other footballing aspects of the club...that way it eases workload on thhe current board and will also help the Footballing side of the board concentrate on the football.. and they wont have to worryn about the financial side.

i know a lot may disagree with my opinion there.. some will slate it (lol) . but end of the day thats my opinion and just because mine may differ from yours .. doesnt mean anybody is right or wrong.

as i do think nobody can disagree that the current board have done agreat job managing our finances (awaits people to mention contracts and personel signings and claiming they are/was bad financial management).

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.08:11.