RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   How safe is Keates? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115218-how-safe-keates.html)

redman2014 5th January 2020 12.48:58

How safe is Keates?

Dean Keates 18 games.

Many fans had to give him a chance.

Usually, you get a 'bounce' from a new manager but didn't record a first win in the league for a month.

I know he has to bring in new faces in the transfer window but this record is poor.

Matches W D L Goals Points Points Per Match
18 6 3 9 21:21 21 1,17

Only 5 wins in the league. Of which 2 wins were against bottom side Chorley.

I suppose the argument is what happens next.....you sack him and where are we?

I was positive - but I am now very nervous. I hope we aren't going to Edgeley Park on the final day needing points to stay up......

Gwersyllt-Robin 5th January 2020 12.50:21

Re: How safe is Keates?

He’s safe for as long as the board blame the players for our position, rather than accept they appointed the wrong man for the job.

Windsor Mike 5th January 2020 12.54:57

If the incompetent fools who appointed him can't get that right, then he's probably as safe as houses, it's looking increasingly likely I'm gonna have to make the most of our remaining games down south as there may be none for me next season

John Neals Dynasty 5th January 2020 12.56:51

He is safe because some blinkered fools think he's a good manager, the hoofball under him last time he was here was painful.

As clueless as those who employed him..he has lost the dressing room the players have given up under him.

At times of crisis you need intelligence and passion to manage not an idiot who stands on the sidelines like a dummy.

Chesterfield sack their manager and immediately win a game... We had no new manager bounce under the relegation expert.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

willyheckerslike 5th January 2020 13.00:07

[quote=gwersyllt-robin;2333229]he’s safe for as long as the board blame the players for our position, rather than accept they appointed the wrong man for the job.[/quote]

......again!

krux 5th January 2020 13.04:05

I don't think we'll go to edgeley park needing points.

We will be down long before then.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

OneLoveWrexham 5th January 2020 13.09:06

He’s bombproof but injuries are the reason why we’re down there...

Quay Red 5th January 2020 13.10:12

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2333231]He is safe because some blinkered fools think he's a good manager, the hoofball under him last time he was here was painful.

As clueless as those who employed him..he has lost the dressing room the players have given up under him.

At times of crisis you need intelligence and arrogance to manage not an idiot.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Don't think he's safe.
The vast majority of the crowd yesterday saw Keates ball for what it is, turgid, robotic crap.
Not sure if there was a plan A, certainly no options to change things.
When the crowd turn on the team it reverberates through the club and 3 wins out of 6 papers over the chasm.
Keates appointment was lazy, no new manager bounce 'cos he wasn't a new manager and he had baggage.
Football wise we are a basket case. I have no problem with off the field success but the clubs future hinges on the ability of the Manager and team to produce the effort and ability to win half the games we've got left. Not holding my breath.

Wenttoanderlechtin76 5th January 2020 13.15:27

Before Keates is removed the people who would remove him need removing. They can no more in any circumstances make another managerial appointment at this football club and if any of the board read this you are an absolute disgrace the damage you have done to this club.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.08:32.