RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Current Player League Ability (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115222-current-player-league-ability.html)

redfronner 6th January 2020 11.42:25

Current Player League Ability

So after Saturday you look at that squad, what we need and who needs to go.

Honest opinion, from the squad listed below and what we have seen, what league do you believe is best for the current players?

Christian Dibble - NLN
Rob Lainton - NL
Dawid Szczepaniak - NLN / Welsh Prem

Jazzi - NLN / NLS (Maybe even Evo Stick)
Chambers - NLN / NLS
Reid - NLN / NLS
Jennings - NL
Pearson - NL
Tharme - Welsh Prem / NLN
Lawlor - NL
Kennedy - NL

Carrington - NL
Rutherford - NLN
Akil - NL
Young - NL / L2
Summerfield - NLN
Grant - NL
Devonte - NL
Barton - Welsh Prem

Oswell - Welsh Prem
Leighton Mc - Scotland Div 2
Hooper - FL

NL = National League
NLN = National league north
NLN - National league south
FL - Football league

Funny_Old_Game 6th January 2020 11.49:53

Re: Current Player League Ability

Can’t argue with too much.

Think Lainton is a FL keeper though. Could easily do a job in that league with better defenders in front who organise themselves at set pieces.

Akil Wright is Welsh Prem.

krux 6th January 2020 11.51:42

devonte ain't NL standard, he's in the same boat as Barton jazzi, chambers etc

He reminds me of Silvio Spann

NottsRed 6th January 2020 11.57:10

I wouldn't class Grant as a footballer just a wage thief

Leighton is L2 standard I would say.

sear 6th January 2020 12.13:03

your missing the point ,with shit manager and coaches they will all look poor

ugarte007 6th January 2020 12.25:12

[QUOTE=sear;2333462]your missing the point ,with shit manager and coaches they will all look poor[/QUOTE]

This is a valid point

KT12 Exile 6th January 2020 12.33:18

On the basis that they're good enough for league 2 or our league (basically only Lainton good enough for L2), I'd keep the following:

Lainton - first choice
Pearson - first choice if he's fully fit
Lawlor - backup
Kennedy - first choice
Carrington - backup
Young - first choice
Redmond - backup
Hooper - first choice if fully engaged and motivated

The last 2 only on the basis that their head is in the right place and they really want to be here. I'm convinced there's a good player in Redmond but our current management won't get it out of him.

Not good enough for this league are
Christian Dibble
Jazzi BB
Chambers
Jennings - good enough 2-3 years ago but not anymore.
Rutherford
Wright
Summerfield
Grant
Barton
Oswell
Leighton Mc

Not seen enough of Szczepaniak, Tharme or Reid to really comment.

If we were to survive this season, I'd only want to see the first 8 retained (absolute max) and only about 3-4 of them are good enough to be starting 11.

For now, seeing as we can't dump the rest all in one go, we just need to see what we can do. I'd look to lose JBB, Chambers, Barton and MacIntosh at the earliest opportunity. Dibble, Jennings, Rutherford, etc will have to do until the summer, painful though it may be.

sear is right though, with some of these players it's just impossible to tell with our current coaching staff. The amount of times I think a striker we have is rubbish and then they go on and score regularly elsewhere means I'm doubting everything.

sear 6th January 2020 12.45:08

it would be cheaper to bring in a good manager than replace 30 odd players

redfronner 6th January 2020 12.54:50

[QUOTE=sear;2333462]your missing the point ,with shit manager and coaches they will all look poor[/QUOTE]

I've not missed any point. I am simply looking at the players and how they are performing. Thats all we can do. Of course they would perform better with others training them.

NottsRed 6th January 2020 13.02:32

[QUOTE=sear;2333467]it would be cheaper to bring in a good manager than replace 30 odd players[/QUOTE]

That's way too much common sense your speaking there.

LlayDragon 6th January 2020 13.12:19

[QUOTE=redfronner;2333448]So after Saturday you look at that squad, what we need and who needs to go.

Honest opinion, from the squad listed below and what we have seen, what league do you believe is best for the current players?

Christian Dibble - NLN
Rob Lainton - NL

Chambers - NLN / NLS
Reid - NLN / NLS
Jennings - NL
Pearson - NL
Lawlor - NL
Kennedy - NL

Carrington - NL
Rutherford - NLN
Akil - NL
Young - NL / L2
Summerfield - NLN
Grant - NL
Devonte - NL
Barton - Welsh Prem

Oswell - Welsh Prem
Hooper - FL

NL = National League
FL - Football league[/QUOTE]

If Keates, Davies and Darlington were given the boot I predict that many of your ratings could be upgraded.

FieldtownRed 6th January 2020 13.14:01

Wrexham Ladies FC have put appeal out on twitter for new players. I've suggested the men's team should do similar. Anything would be an improvement on the current bunch wouldn't it?

Phils-an-alki 6th January 2020 13.20:01

Most of this squad came quite close to winning the league. They are much better than what we are seeing this season.

We do have some dross like Rutherford, Wright, McKintosh, Barton, Dibble, Bobb etc but ultimately we are where we are now because the club board decided to appoint another shit manager, along with his shit assistant and a fraud of a coach.

The Turf 6th January 2020 13.29:49

Lainton is a football league keeper no doubt. What the poor fliper is doing here only he knows.

Hooper would score goals in the footy league I’m convinced. If he had a midfielder capable of passing a ball forward unlike here.

The rest are non league players plain and simple. What’s level of non league is the debate!

Wreck Sam 6th January 2020 13.53:11

The managed decline on the field is taking us down to the level suited to the boards.

northwalian dragon 6th January 2020 14.00:28

[QUOTE=redfronner;2333448]
Christian Dibble - In the squad last year
Rob Lainton - In the squad last year
Dawid Szczepaniak

Jazzi
Chambers
Reid
Jennings - In the squad last year
Pearson - In the squad last year
Tharme - In the squad last year
Lawlor - In the squad last year
Kennedy - In the squad last year

Carrington - In the squad last year
Rutherford - In the squad last year
Akil - In the squad last year
Young - In the squad last year
Summerfield - In the squad last year
Grant - In the squad last year
Devonte
Barton

Oswell - In the squad last year
Leighton Mc
Hooper
Tollitt - In the squad last year
[/QUOTE]

Another way of looking at it was 15 of the 23 players in the squad were here last season and could have won the league under a decent manager

The shower of sh*t management team we have now can't even scrape results against Ebbsfleet with this squad

KingBuxton_Forever red 6th January 2020 14.37:23

I actually think some of this bunch will do alot better once they have left us.

Cole Stockton plays for Morecambe, on that logic alone I could see Grant & Lainton playing in the football league.

Prodigal Dragon 6th January 2020 15.01:56

Agree. At the moment we do not necessarily need players good enough to win the league or get into the POs — both are beyond us.

What we need is a squad good enough to escape the event horizon of relegation and hopefully get to mid-table. We need about 3 good players to do that ie midfield-general, target-man and LB. If we also had a better management team the task would be easier, even with what we currently have.

This lot are clueless: the fans know it, and so too do the players. Hence why morale is so poor and we are being beaten by equally poor teams.

Alas, the Board either disagree or refuse to act. Hey ho!

sparky 6th January 2020 15.09:26

This. There is more than enough there ( well there was before Keates got rid of Tollit and Harris) to get us out of this mess. I don't trust Keates along with sooty and sweep one bit to do that though.

Phils-an-alki 6th January 2020 15.10:51

Not another penny should be wasted on this season on new players. With the squad Keates has at his disposal as of today there is more than enough in there to at least avoid relegation.
You're the manager Dean, so do your job and put a team together that will compete.

Time to earn his salary rather than just throwing money at it.

We're like the non league version of Man Utd when they had Van Gaal and Mourhino, throwing money at it and hope for the best.

LlayDragon 6th January 2020 15.15:00

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2333508]Not another penny should be wasted on this season on new players. With the squad Keates has at his disposal as of today there is more than enough in there to at least avoid relegation.
You're the manager Dean, so do your job and put a team together that will compete.

We're like the non league version of Man Utd when they had Van Gaal and Mourhino, throwing money at it and hope for the best.[/QUOTE]

Hoping for the best is our entire club strategy.

KingBuxton_Forever red 6th January 2020 15.24:26

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2333508]Not another penny should be wasted on this season on new players. With the squad Keates has at his disposal as of today there is more than enough in there to at least avoid relegation.

We're like the non league version of Man Utd when they had Van Gaal and Mourhino, throwing money at it and hope for the best.[/QUOTE]

Completely disagree. We cannot go down, it will kill us. A couple of decent players will make all the difference (if we manage to stumble across them!)

LlayDragon 6th January 2020 15.40:06

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2333512]Completely disagree. We cannot go down, it will kill us. [B]A couple of decent players will make all the difference (if we manage to stumble across them!)[/B][/QUOTE]

Nah, for two reasons:

1. We have extreme difficulties landing such players.

2. Any we do land don't stay decent here.

The players are the symptoms of our demise and bear some responsibility, it's the cause that needs cutting out.

However I expect us to continue throwing shit at the wall and hope some sticks.

Phils-an-alki 6th January 2020 15.51:31

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2333512]Completely disagree. We cannot go down, it will kill us. A couple of decent players will make all the difference (if we manage to stumble across them!)[/QUOTE]

I'd argue that if we're going down a couple of players won't make any difference to stop that. Remember who is choosing these players. That's partly why I say no more spending because all we do is sign absolutely duffers, injured players or decent players who then we ruin within weeks. We're going round in circles in this respect. Then we allow talent like Harris and to some extent Tollitt to leave. Pure insanity.

Readred 6th January 2020 16.10:02

Only thing I would disagree with are:

I think Lainton is good enough for L2 with a decent goalkeeper coach, it his kicking that lets him down massively, otherwise he’s as good as you’ll find in NL.

Carrington is Mr Versatile/Dependable, many fans don’t put a value on just how useful and valuable that is. You essentially get a defensive cover/central midfielder for the wage of one player. I think he could play at L2 as a squad player. Regular, probably found his level.

Young: I like young, but I don’t think he’s L2 level, he works hard, would probably look decent in a better team at NL level, but not sure he has the ability for that week in week out step up.

KingBuxton_Forever red 6th January 2020 16.21:06

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2333516]I'd argue that if we're going down a couple of players won't make any difference to stop that. Remember who is choosing these players. That's partly why I say no more spending because all we do is sign absolutely duffers, injured players or decent players who then we ruin within weeks. We're going round in circles in this respect. Then we allow talent like Harris and to some extent Tollitt to leave. Pure insanity.[/QUOTE]

Whats the alternative though, just resign ourselves to it Brian Little style.

Nothing about this is ideal but we have to try and wriggle out of this mess, hoping we drop lucky with a couple of players is literally all we have.

John Neals Dynasty 6th January 2020 16.29:56

Some of those players under a qualified intelligent manager is better than the leagues below..

Summerfield when we had an intelligent professional manager with a proper coach Ricketts and Barrow was very good, he was MOM at home game after game worked his socks off to but soon tired, he is better than NN, just one of a few there you mention.

Before the season started we were one of the favourite's to go up, these players don't go from very good under Ricketts to poor without a reason.

Simply put we have a s**t manager and 2 s**t coaches with an even more s**t board and WST

#excitingtimes
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

redone 6th January 2020 16.40:51

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2333529]Some of those players under a qualified intelligent manager is better than the leagues below..

Summerfield when we had an intelligent professional manager with a proper coach Ricketts and Barrow was very good, he was MOM at home game after game worked his socks off to but soon tired, he is better than NN, just one of a few there you mention.

Before the season started we were one of the favourite's to go up, these players don't go from very good under Ricketts to poor without a reason.

Simply put we have a s**t manager and 2 s**t coaches with an even more s**t board and WST

#excitingtimes
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

agree JND, you could sign 3[4 top players and it might work for a week, until the Dream team get hold of em, then its back to normal,Patrick will be next heel be like the rest of em,Harris first 3/4 games i thought what the fks he doin here, then they kill his talent with hoofball,he loses interest, its like a conveyerbelt of depressed players,it cant be every player that comes here can it

ugarte007 6th January 2020 17.31:35

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2333529]Some of those players under a qualified intelligent manager is better than the leagues below..

#excitingtimes
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Football is being saturated with coaches doing A,B, and C courses. I know a few doing them through youth football, it means nothing from what I have witnessed. Can you coach experience and a winning mentality , I think not. If Keates doesnt see this with Darlington and Davies it will ruin his future.

My worry is FAW links and rewards are the reason Darlington is with us, which is nonsense if true. Keates needs a new number 2 asap, if he dosnt see this he should walk away now before he relegates us.

Parry52 7th January 2020 14.12:16

[QUOTE=ugarte007;2333547]Football is being saturated with coaches doing A,B, and C courses. I know a few doing them through youth football, it means nothing from what I have witnessed. Can you coach experience and a winning mentality , I think not. If Keates doesnt see this with Darlington and Davies it will ruin his future.

My worry is FAW links and rewards are the reason Darlington is with us, which is nonsense if true. Keates needs a new number 2 asap, if he dosnt see this he should walk away now before he relegates us.[/QUOTE]

I love the FAW courses, it seems some people think they’re something different to what they really are.

The courses are there to have a minimum standard of coaching. They do provide information on everything to do with football, with motivation being one, but you’re judged on your ability to coach. They give you a task and if you complete it on the assessment to a minimum required standard you pass.

It certainly seems Darlington and Keates have the knowledge of how to set up a team, it’s up to them to shape their own path and find what works for them at their clubs. If they struggle to motivate players they can’t rely on their UEFA qualification, they need to take a course in motivation.

Phils-an-alki 7th January 2020 14.54:26

If the players hate the coach, he could be the best coach in the world but it still won't work. And the players hate Darlington which the club board continually ignore.

Is it any wonder a lot of them seem to have given up?

howardrd 7th January 2020 20.28:57

[QUOTE=redfronner;2333448]So after Saturday you look at that squad, what we need and who needs to go.

Christian Dibble - NLN
Rob Lainton - NL

Chambers - NLN / NLS
Reid - NLN / NLS
Jennings - NL
Pearson - NL
Lawlor - NL
Kennedy - NL

Carrington - NL
Rutherford - NLN
Akil - NL
Young - NL / L2
Summerfield - NLN
Grant - NL
Devonte - NL
Barton - Welsh Prem

Oswell - Welsh Prem
Hooper - FL

NL = National League
FL - Football league[/QUOTE]

On these ratings we should do well next season providing Keates resigns after taking us down.

Prodigal Dragon 8th January 2020 07.37:28

[QUOTE=howardrd;2333857]On these ratings we should do well next season providing Keates resigns after taking us down.[/QUOTE]

Sense of humour alert!:hurray::)

redavid 10th January 2020 12.11:06

[QUOTE=redfronner;2333471]I've not missed any point. I am simply looking at the players and how they are performing. Thats all we can do. Of course they would perform better with others training them.[/QUOTE]

On what basis do you judge Tharme ? Hes only played a handful of games and done nothing to suggest hes not good enough , So I don't think you know what your on about . :D

redfronner 10th January 2020 12.23:03

[QUOTE=redavid;2334660]On what basis do you judge Tharme ? Hes only played a handful of games and done nothing to suggest hes not good enough , So I don't think you know what your on about . :D[/QUOTE]

I dont judge Tharme as like you said I/we have not seen enough from him. I know it would be stupid to throw him into a relegation battle considering he did not get the minutes required at Tamworth / Telford......but yeah I dont have a clue do i

-luke 10th January 2020 12.47:54

Judge tharme on the basis that he doesnt get into this team...

So its a damning assessment of either him, or our ability to spot and utilise talent.

You decide

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.44:08.