Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th January 2020, 15.24:19   #10-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Realistic Changes to Our Club

Fan owned is fine.

The board structure is wrong, and the people on it are grossly incompetent.
Old 9th January 2020, 15.28:27   #11-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

A paid CEO too take real day to day charge and responsibility would be best imho.

Responsibility is spread 5 ways, with 5 different line managers. We need one person in charge.
Old 9th January 2020, 15.35:44   #12-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
Fan owned is fine.

The board structure is wrong, and the people on it are grossly incompetent.
Yup.

Don't get me wrong fan ownership is looking awful at the moment, however with compent management from the top it could be so much more successful..

Now I'm not comparing WST to communism, but as an analagy you could say that communism is a great ideal in theory; unfortunately human nature will never allow it to work.

Clinging to fan ownership run badly will never bring success, just as private ownership run badly will not.

Last edited by LlayDragon; 9th January 2020 at 15.37:45..
Old 9th January 2020, 15.45:11   #13-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Part time, playing at Queensway in Division 6 are 3 relatively realistic changes that are on the way...
Old 9th January 2020, 16.00:42   #14-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2334373]
Quote:
Originally Posted by basdragon View Post

I get bored and frustrated when every thread turns into an everything is shit thread (regardless of the OP) with very little proposed as a replacement/alternative. It feels to me like the footballing equivalent of Brexit. We all know what we don't want , but I have seen nothing to suggest any idea of how to get what we do want. /QUOTE]

Any reason you couldn't just post this under the thread already started about this
Because I have seen nothing to suggest any idea of how to get what we do want on any other thread.

Last edited by basdragon; 9th January 2020 at 16.01:55.. Reason: Plenty of get rid of.... not much replace with
Old 9th January 2020, 16.18:45   #15-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Very obviously we need changes to the playing squad and coaching set up. Those are short term changes that need to be made.

It appears to me that there is something very wrong with the governance of the club. I don't know enough about the make up of the various boards to have a clue what the issues are, whether it's personalities, or the organisation, or both. But people more clued up than me have been mentioning them for a while now. Mistakes have quite clearly been made over the last 18 months (managerial appointments being one, the dealings with the DSA another) but what's got me is that there has been no owning of those mistakes, and no attempt to learn from those experiences that I can see. That's quite worrying. It doesn't appear to be an organisation that is growing, learning and improving.

Longer term changes that are needed come down to things like the training facilities, upgrading and improving the ground, community involvement and pursuing revenue streams. Some of these may be ongoing, no idea.
Old 9th January 2020, 16.25:17   #16-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

The big problem is harris and his ego followed by the other incompetent fools who surround him . Get rid of the liars and club killers fan ownership could work .
Old 9th January 2020, 16.49:34   #17-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
A paid CEO too take real day to day charge and responsibility would be best imho.

Responsibility is spread 5 ways, with 5 different line managers. We need one person in charge.
Totally agree with you O. We need one person to take overall day to day running of the off field activities of the club who then answers into the board, I know this could eat into the playing budget but something has got to change.

On the football side is Dixie really a DoF or a figurehead / stooge for the current board. We should be asking

What are his roles and responsibilities?
What targets have been set?
Does he have any power to change things, whether it be from changing the colour of the bibs to changing personnel?
If the manager highlights a player we should be signing does Dixie have the final decision or the board?
Who does he answer to?
Old 9th January 2020, 17.00:31   #18-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
It was probably sick of your constant clapping.
I also do slapping

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.16:47.