RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Realistic Changes to Our Club (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115231-realistic-changes-our-club.html)

basdragon 9th January 2020 11.22:21

Realistic Changes to Our Club

So now even our club captain is coming out and talking about "real change" happening at the club.
I think SP is correct in prioritising survival then change, and I personally doubt that another change of manager at this stage would benefit us or the players (albeit I was not happy with Keates re-appointment and is another example of a lazy recruitment process by the board).

I get bored and frustrated when every thread turns into an everything is shit thread (regardless of the OP) with very little proposed as a replacement/alternative. It feels to me like the footballing equivalent of Brexit. We all know what we don't want , but I have seen nothing to suggest any idea of how to get what we do want.

So assuming that the aim would be to replace the current board and structure this summer, what ideas do people have to fill the void left if the board resign/get sacked or whatever ?

We know some are looking to the sugar daddy solution. Are there any realistic options for this in the pipeline ? What safeguards could we put in place to ensure we don't go back to the dark days of 10 years ago ?

There is a lot of flack for fan based ownership on here but there are places where it has worked, AFC Wimbledon and Wycombe Wanderers both in league one spring to mind, so when done properly it seems that fan owned clubs can work. Would we be able to shadow or study the structure of these well run clubs to find out what they are doing well that we aren't.

Just as importantly who would be willing to step in and replace the board if/when they went ?

I'll admit I have far more questions than answers, but what do we have collectively as alternatives ?

KingBuxton_Forever red 9th January 2020 11.41:30

Re: Realistic Changes to Our Club

Darlington leaving is the most obvious, drastic and realistic change we can make by this point. His tenure has no been a success and he needs to leave, we need a new coach with fresh ideas.

northwalian dragon 9th January 2020 11.46:24

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2334303]Darlington leaving is the most obvious, drastic and realistic change we can make by this point. His tenure has no been a success and he needs to leave, we need a new coach with fresh ideas.[/QUOTE]

That's what is so frustrating, if we'd have gone for a fresh start and got rid of Darlington and not brought back Keates and Davies the fans wouldn't be so divided, the animosity wouldn't be as intense and we could have salvaged our season, 18 games after Hughes' sacking we're still exactly where we were in the league and even bigger rifts between the fans and the club, the players and the management and the board and the owners

Phils-an-alki 9th January 2020 11.50:08

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2334307]That's what is so frustrating, if we'd have gone for a fresh start and got rid of Darlington and not brought back Keates and Davies the fans wouldn't be so divided, the animosity wouldn't be as intense and we could have salvaged our season, 18 games after Hughes' sacking we're still exactly where we were in the league and even bigger rifts between the fans and the club, the players and the management and the board and the owners[/QUOTE]

Yeah but Keates has a better PPG than Hughes had so we must be 'progressing'...

moynkeepthefaith 9th January 2020 12.16:44

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2334312]Yeah but Keates has a better PPG than Hughes had so we must be 'progressing'...[/QUOTE]

another rib gone.

Phils-an-alki 9th January 2020 12.38:09

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2334327]another rib gone.[/QUOTE]

It was probably sick of your constant clapping.

Woody 9th January 2020 12.43:58

think realistic changes at the moment would probably be new halftime music, different flavour of pie and possibly spraying old seats red (although that’s very unlikely)

KingBuxton_Forever red 9th January 2020 13.12:39

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2334307]That's what is so frustrating, if we'd have gone for a fresh start and got rid of Darlington and not brought back Keates and Davies the fans wouldn't be so divided, the animosity wouldn't be as intense and we could have salvaged our season, 18 games after Hughes' sacking we're still exactly where we were in the league and even bigger rifts between the fans and the club, the players and the management and the board and the owners[/QUOTE]

If we had brought in Keates and Davies, bombed off Darlington but brought in another coach that might have even helped.

Obviously you wont agree because Keates ran over your cat or something :jester:

andy buckley 9th January 2020 13.21:23

[QUOTE=basdragon;2334291]

I get bored and frustrated when every thread turns into an everything is shit thread (regardless of the OP) with very little proposed as a replacement/alternative. It feels to me like the footballing equivalent of Brexit. We all know what we don't want , but I have seen nothing to suggest any idea of how to get what we do want. /QUOTE]

Any reason you couldn't just post this under the thread already started about this :huh2:

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.04:04.