Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th January 2020, 12.22:21   #1-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Realistic Changes to Our Club

So now even our club captain is coming out and talking about "real change" happening at the club.
I think SP is correct in prioritising survival then change, and I personally doubt that another change of manager at this stage would benefit us or the players (albeit I was not happy with Keates re-appointment and is another example of a lazy recruitment process by the board).

I get bored and frustrated when every thread turns into an everything is shit thread (regardless of the OP) with very little proposed as a replacement/alternative. It feels to me like the footballing equivalent of Brexit. We all know what we don't want , but I have seen nothing to suggest any idea of how to get what we do want.

So assuming that the aim would be to replace the current board and structure this summer, what ideas do people have to fill the void left if the board resign/get sacked or whatever ?

We know some are looking to the sugar daddy solution. Are there any realistic options for this in the pipeline ? What safeguards could we put in place to ensure we don't go back to the dark days of 10 years ago ?

There is a lot of flack for fan based ownership on here but there are places where it has worked, AFC Wimbledon and Wycombe Wanderers both in league one spring to mind, so when done properly it seems that fan owned clubs can work. Would we be able to shadow or study the structure of these well run clubs to find out what they are doing well that we aren't.

Just as importantly who would be willing to step in and replace the board if/when they went ?

I'll admit I have far more questions than answers, but what do we have collectively as alternatives ?
Old 9th January 2020, 12.41:30   #2-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Default Re: Realistic Changes to Our Club

Darlington leaving is the most obvious, drastic and realistic change we can make by this point. His tenure has no been a success and he needs to leave, we need a new coach with fresh ideas.
Old 9th January 2020, 12.46:24   #3-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
Darlington leaving is the most obvious, drastic and realistic change we can make by this point. His tenure has no been a success and he needs to leave, we need a new coach with fresh ideas.
That's what is so frustrating, if we'd have gone for a fresh start and got rid of Darlington and not brought back Keates and Davies the fans wouldn't be so divided, the animosity wouldn't be as intense and we could have salvaged our season, 18 games after Hughes' sacking we're still exactly where we were in the league and even bigger rifts between the fans and the club, the players and the management and the board and the owners
Old 9th January 2020, 12.50:08   #4-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
That's what is so frustrating, if we'd have gone for a fresh start and got rid of Darlington and not brought back Keates and Davies the fans wouldn't be so divided, the animosity wouldn't be as intense and we could have salvaged our season, 18 games after Hughes' sacking we're still exactly where we were in the league and even bigger rifts between the fans and the club, the players and the management and the board and the owners
Yeah but Keates has a better PPG than Hughes had so we must be 'progressing'...
Old 9th January 2020, 13.16:44   #5-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Yeah but Keates has a better PPG than Hughes had so we must be 'progressing'...
another rib gone.
Old 9th January 2020, 13.38:09   #6-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
another rib gone.
It was probably sick of your constant clapping.
Old 9th January 2020, 13.43:58   #7-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: GUS

think realistic changes at the moment would probably be new halftime music, different flavour of pie and possibly spraying old seats red (although that’s very unlikely)
Old 9th January 2020, 14.12:39   #8-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
If we had brought in Keates and Davies, bombed off Darlington but brought in another coach that might have even helped.

Obviously you wont agree because Keates ran over your cat or something
Old 9th January 2020, 14.21:23   #9-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

[QUOTE=basdragon;2334291]

I get bored and frustrated when every thread turns into an everything is shit thread (regardless of the OP) with very little proposed as a replacement/alternative. It feels to me like the footballing equivalent of Brexit. We all know what we don't want , but I have seen nothing to suggest any idea of how to get what we do want. /QUOTE]

Any reason you couldn't just post this under the thread already started about this

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.22:46.