RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Doug Tharme out on loan again (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115237-doug-tharme-out-loan-again.html)

wynred 9th January 2020 20.47:37

Doug Tharme out on loan again

Wrexham Football Club can confirm that defender Doug Tharme has joined Northern Premier League, Premier Division side Gainsborough Trinity on-loan.

The 20-year-old has put pen-to-paper with Trinity this evening initially until 9th February 2020.

John Neals Dynasty 9th January 2020 20.56:51

Re: Doug Tharme out on loan again

He needs games to get more experience, he won't get them under Keates as we don't play our own young players.

Also not ideal playing an inexperienced kid in a relegation fight and with our crowd on the players backs it wouldn't be good for him.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Red Light 9th January 2020 21.42:51

Can't help feel the kids head must be shredded - is he being properly developed and nurtured into a confident potential first team centre half of the future ?

Firstly Telford and then Tamworth and now further away from home, parents, friends with a lowly club - there surely must be better options.

Looked promising and an intelligent player who, on the few occasions he was called upon never put a foot wrong but going nowhere fast under this regime.
There is no natural progression anymore - he looked to be close to a first team place then we signed Chambers destroying his chances - I just get the impression, as with all young players that he hasn't got a realistic chance and will end up being offloaded - we live for the here and now and if you can't go straight into the first team and do a job your surplus to requirements - the days of bringing on young players and eventually selling them on for big money seem a distant memory of the past.

Huffy 9th January 2020 21.44:27

[QUOTE=Red Light;2334509]Can't help feel the kids head must be shredded - is he being properly developed and nurtured into a confident potential first team centre half of the future ?

Firstly Telford and then Tamworth and now further away from home, parents, friends with a lowly club - there surely must be better options.

Looked promising and an intelligent player who, on the few occasions he was called upon never put a foot wrong but going nowhere fast under this regime.
There is no natural progression anymore - he looked to be close to a first team place then we signed Chambers destroying his chances - I just get the impression, as with all young players that he hasn't got a realistic chance and will end up being offloaded - we live for the here and now and if you can't go straight into the first team and do a job your surplus to requirements - the days of bringing on young players and eventually selling them on for big money seem a distant memory of the past.[/QUOTE]

Yes , you learn from your mistakes and I think he would have been better here . But obviously he is not going to be needed , despite all the conjecture ?

Back of the Kop 9th January 2020 21.51:50

I believe Keates doesn't even engage with the lad unless he really has to.

What a state our club is in to treat young players with potential like this.

noisy1 10th January 2020 04.13:07

I like Doug Tharme and think he has done well whenever he has been on the pitch for us. I was surprised that he signed on again this year and it has proven to be another year of limited opportunities for the lad.
He needs minutes on the pitch now and as much as it pains me to say it, he is best of moving elsewhere for the further development of his career.

redone 10th January 2020 05.13:34

Keates is a cnut!!!

moynkeepthefaith 10th January 2020 05.56:39

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2334503]He needs games to get more experience, he won't get them under Keates as we don't play our own young players.

Also not ideal playing an inexperienced kid in a relegation fight and with our crowd on the players backs it wouldn't be good for him.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I think it is wrong to say that our crowd are on the players backs. Baring some isolated incidents I think we have been exceptionally patient. At half time last week the writing was on the wall in bold capitals and yet the majority of the 4000 welcomed the players back and ,though subdued (naturally) did not abuse players. Whenever Tharme has had a chance he is/was fully supported and has done a reasonable job at centre half or full back. Having said all that what will not do him good IMO is the behind the scenes toxicity which will get worse.
Good luck to him hope he doesn’t have to look for a new club on his return.

NottsRed 10th January 2020 07.14:44

Feel sorry for him having to go to Gainsborough. Its a right shit hole in the middle of nowhere.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.45:04.